Albums Noname - Room 25 (Discussion Thread)

Maude

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Midwest
This album is extremely beautiful. I enjoy playing it, growing on new things I missed off the first playthrough.

Only issue so far is her vocals. Her vocals are amazing. Soft touch with a lot of impact. She raps, very effortlessly. Only problem is that some of the instruments are out beating her in some songs. It literally makes it hard for the listener to understand what she's rapping as she speeds up, going in, like on the first song of the album.

That definitely puts a damper on the experience on the album as a whole for me since the whole idea is to hear her rap over a production instead of fighting it.

Other than that, I really enjoy the album.

Engineer should've mixed this better tbh. They should've highlighted her soft vocals and turned down the instrumentals. Its really overpowering her the through the whole album.

Judo

Producer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LevelUp+ 2020 & Beyond
Engineer should've mixed this better tbh. They should've highlighted her soft vocals and turned down the instrumentals. Its really overpowering her the through the whole album.
Yeah it's definitely the engineer's fault, which sucks because she killing it on this album more than she did on telefone.

brownsugah

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Can y'all discuss the music on the actual album:snoop:

Shyt aint a competition.
The music on this album is great. I think it was perfectly executed. I dunno why people in here complaining about her mellow rapping on this album when she’s rapped the same way on Telefone. Like I dunno why y’all are shocked. I’m also glad that she ain’t rapping over trap beats and that the production is over live instrumentation which most rappers shy from. Calling this album the best of the year is not a damn stretch neither.. but I feel that it’s a problem since she’s a female rapper who is substantial and transparent in their raps.

Dad

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
DMV
She has the most comforting voice in hip hop. I just wanna lay on her chest and let her run her hands through my locs and let her rap to me:wow:.

Maude

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Midwest
The music on this album is great. I think it was perfectly executed. I dunno why people in here complaining about her mellow rapping on this album when she’s rapped the same way on Telefone. Like I dunno why y’all are shocked. I’m also glad that she ain’t rapping over trap beats and that the production is over live instrumentation which most rappers shy from. Calling this album the best of the year is not a damn stretch neither.. but I feel that it’s a problem since she’s a female rapper who is substantial and transparent in their raps.

I feel like women who are really talented dont get respected by hip-hop ,maybe by their peers but not by fans. (Ill camille,jean grae,rhapsody,tierra whack...)
Typically it was the ones who came in the game with a cosign with a establish rapper & willing to sexy it up became stars.
Kim->Big
Foxy->Jay
Nicki->Gucci
Eve->Ruff Ryders
Remy->Fat Joe
Cardi->Migos(VH1)
They also have a machine working 24/7 getting spins, advertisements, performances on broadcast, and interviews. noname being self released doesn't have these luxuries. Even though she has one of the best albums of the year I think its being slept on not because she raps but because she indy.

I love her voice I felt the same way about the music overpowering it in in telefone:yeshrug:.
Not a deal breaker for me tho my favorite rapper is Blu & half of his shyt is unmastered and recorded on turtle beach headphones.
Production great, lyrics great, album great.

brownsugah

Banned
Supporter
Daps
I feel like women who are really talented dont get respected by hip-hop ,maybe by their peers but not by fans. (Ill camille,jean grae,rhapsody,tierra whack...)
Typically it was the ones who came in the game with a cosign with a establish rapper & willing to sexy it up became stars.
Kim->Big
Foxy->Jay
Nicki->Gucci
Eve->Ruff Ryders
Remy->Fat Joe
Cardi->Migos(VH1)
They also have a machine working 24/7 getting spins, advertisements, performances on broadcast, and interviews. noname being self released doesn't have these luxuries. Even though she has one of the best albums of the year I think its being slept on not because she raps but because she indy.

I love her voice I felt the same way about the music overpowering it in in telefone:yeshrug:.
Not a deal breaker for me tho my favorite rapper is Blu & half of his shyt is unmastered and recorded on turtle beach headphones.
Production great, lyrics great, album great.
Tierra Whack is another one people sleep on. Whack World was another favorite album of mines released this year. She’s just so unique and creative (just like Noname is). I just think there is room for conscious and/or creative rap from women too. Not every female rapper has to be sexual or beef with other female rappers (like most do) in order to make noise and be relevant.

MischievousMonkey

Gor bu dëgër
Daps
At first listen, the album started a little slow to me. It picked up right at Windows and never slowed down from there. The instrumental hit immediately.

After other listens, this shyt is great. Even better than Telephone imo. Music made me travel and that's all I can ask.

She really is transparent in her lyrics, that's what I like. She gets very personal and touching at times and I fukk with how she describes her feelings, her environment and our times.

I also feel like she leveled up on the rapping period :ohhh: Her flow is even more mastered (notably on Ace and the song with Ravyn Lenae).

Ravyn Lenae's vocals on the featuring :whew: "Undreeess meeeeeeeee under the mooooon" :ohlawd:
Ace really shows the talent coming from Chicago! Smino singing and rapping :ohlawd: Can't wait for another project from him.

CARE FOR ME still AOTY for me so far but damn... They're all really banging. Now oughta listen J.I.D's shyt

"I just came from a funeral my ugly passed away" :wow:

Last edited: