Albums Noname - Room 25 (Discussion Thread)

All Star
Daps
the production on this is even more beautiful than the last one. love the live instrumentation on a lot of these songs.

there isn't a song that hits as hard as "shadow man" but that's fine.

i like that she keeps her albums short.

telefone is a classic to me. i don't know if this is quite as good, i'll need to sit with it for a couple years but it's a great album.

Guvnor

Da Speculative Spectacle®
Daps
Reppin
BKLYN
Truth be told I couldn't get into this, I mean I feel she could rap but I feel she talks about nothing in an almost fake deep manner.

Telefone was a much better project from her but still I feel something is missing even with that. I don't mind monotone raps cause Mf Doom one of my favorite rappers can be that way as well as Earl Sweatshirt but I feel No Name doesn't say much. All I got out of this album was she is depressed, went through a heartbreak and had a lot of sex, I mean she is kinda freaky and I didn't know that about her before ("Sucking dikk in the new Adidas" "we be open too") :whoo::wow::ooh::russ:

With that said I would have to run this back because I wanted to like it but it's not up to par for me. Both her and Tierra Wack are two of the nicest new female rappers I have heard though.

Rev Leon Lonnie Love

damned mine eyes, DAMNED mine eyes!!
Daps
i finally gave it a listen. yeah she's just another fake depressed mellow female act, nothing about her stands out. Song writing is sub-par and this stuff has little to no replay value.

2.5 / 5

:yeshrug:

brownsugah

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Album gets better and better with time. I don’t even care about people hating on it anymore (because it’s expected on the Coli). The ones who truly know music would get it.

steadyrighteous

Veteran
Daps
Bet some of the earlier, more balanced criticism sounds decent because some of these recent posts is OD wrong
VY2wmdR.png

Rev Leon Lonnie Love

damned mine eyes, DAMNED mine eyes!!
Daps
Album gets better and better with time. I don’t even care about people hating on it anymore (because it’s expected on the Coli). The ones who truly know music would get it.

The irony of you writing that :mjlol:, you be shytting on these other artists that aint your fav talking about they cant sing or the song writing is trash but suddenly get in your feelings about us not liking this non-singing ass girl? :gucci:

brownsugah

Banned
Supporter
Daps
The irony of you writing that :mjlol:, you be shytting on these other artists that aint your fav talking about they cant sing or the song writing is trash but suddenly get in your feelings about us not liking this non-singing ass girl? :gucci:
Are you mad because I said that Jacquees album didn’t do anything me? So his songwriting is good and Noname’s isn’t? Different strokes for different folks, I guess. I like music that is substantial. But if you don’t then that’s you.

“Non singing girl?” She’s a rapper for Christ’s sake. *covers face in embarassement*

I be “shytting on these other artists”, yet my top 15 albums of 2018 has a lot of albums talked about in this section on it. Don’t take your anger out on me.

Last edited: