Non-Proprietary Storage Solution > Other (Xbox unveils new storage sizes)

Maximus Rex

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Evils of Men
crop.jpg

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Sony stans :mjlol:

Funny thing is. You can buy off the shelf SSDs for Xbox as well

Best of both worlds. :blessed:

Sony clowns lose again :wow:

You can’t be serious. :russ:
THATS you’re counter?
Did you even click that link? You can’t in one breath pretend expanding the PS5 storage is “complicated” and then prop up that bootleg solution. :mjlol:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
You can’t be serious. :russ:
THATS you’re counter?
Did you even click that link? You can’t in one breath pretend expanding the PS5 storage is “complicated” and then prop up that bootleg solution. :mjlol:
It’s less complicated than PS5.

No screwdrivers or blueprints needed.

Just buy the adapter and plug it in :mjpls:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
It’s less complicated than PS5.

No screwdrivers or blueprints needed.

Just buy the adapter and plug it in :mjpls:
The PS5 expansion is about as complicated as changing a watch battery. You're talking about paying about a $50 premium on 1TB just to avoid a screwdriver on a job that takes less than 3 minutes tops.

Most people don't make $50 in an hour at work.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
The PS5 expansion is about as complicated as changing a watch battery. You're talking about paying about a $50 premium on 1TB just to avoid a screwdriver on a job that takes less than 3 minutes tops.

Most people don't make $50 in an hour at work.

First off, I’ll say if you are that strapped for cash you probably aren’t gonna spend any amount of money on extra strorage.

But beyond that, my post was in reference to the fact that Xbox can take off the shelf parts too, and there’s no need to open the system up.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
First off, I’ll say if you are that strapped for cash you probably aren’t gonna spend any amount of money on extra strorage.

But beyond that, my post was in reference to the fact that Xbox can take off the shelf parts too, and there’s no need to open the system up.
I'm gonna put it like this. Owning both I've already added storage to the PS5 but the price on the Xbox says to me I should wait. Not strapped for cash but we I can get 1TB on Xbox closer to $160 I'll do it. It does help the Xbox has more free space natively.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I'm gonna put it like this. Owning both I've already added storage to the PS5 but the price on the Xbox says to me I should wait. Not strapped for cash but we I can get 1TB on Xbox closer to $160 I'll do it. It does help the Xbox has more free space natively.
Umm that’s good for you.

At this point there’s no hurry to upgrade storage on either one. Both are sufficient and very manageable with a decent internet connection.

I agree Xbox drives are prohibitively expensive save for people that just have the money to burn:manny:

Again the only point of my post was that with Xbox you have both options. You can buy their proprietary drive, or you can buy off the shelf parts. And both solutions are less complicated than installing a drive in the PS5

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
you're missing the point that he's talking about an adapter that would let the Xbox use an 'off the shelf' M.2 drive

you plug in the adapter, plug in the M.2 drive, and your done. no need to remove the side plates (and I believe someone on here said they slightly broke the plates doing this), and use a screwdriver