Non-Proprietary Storage Solution > Other (Xbox unveils new storage sizes)

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
that doesnt mean it's a good thing to do you stupid bytch nor does everyone have access to unlimited data plans and/or the money to pay for them. Even with a gig connection, you'd be burning thru data streaming games in America.
you niccas is dumb. ppl all over the world dont even have internet capable of doing that
Sony stans :mjlol:

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
We have documentation of it working:dahell:

Your pc don’t come with documentation of every potential device you make hook to it :stopitslime:

This is a dumb and dare I say “disingenuous” argument :ohhh:
An Xbox ain’t as open or modular as a PC. Especially one ur building urself. Meaning doing certain things with the Xbox that isn’t officially supported and something goes wrong u can potentially void ur warranty. It hasn’t been extensively tested to the point it’s a viable solution. It’s basically a “use at your own risk” solution. If u call Microsoft up right now and explain that ur doing this. You know what they will say. Lol.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
Only the OLED models. But a storage solution that cost the same as the console in which is hard to get right now in the first place ain’t really the best look. Lol
it's not needed though

you got someone in this thread talking about putting a $1000 4tb drive in their PS5. is that a bad look for the console? no, it's just an option

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
An Xbox ain’t as open or modular as a PC. Especially one ur building urself. Meaning doing certain things with the Xbox that isn’t officially supported and something goes wrong u can potentially void ur warranty. It hasn’t been extensively tested to the point it’s a viable solution. It’s basically a “use at your own risk” solution. If u call Microsoft up right now and explain that ur doing this. You know what they will say. Lol.
Again from Sony’s own documentation. Any drive you use is “use at your own risk”

It’s just a ssd with an adapter. There’s nothing special going on there. It’s the same exact drive that’s inside Microsoft’s proprietary case.

It’s just an option.

Again nothing to get all bent out of shape over :stopitslime:

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Again from Sony’s own documentation. Any drive you use is “use at your own risk”

It’s just a ssd with an adapter. There’s nothing special going on there. It’s the same exact drive that’s inside Microsoft’s proprietary case.

It’s just an option.

Again nothing to get all bent out of shape over :stopitslime:
I’m not bent outta shape at all but like I said there’s a difference between something that’s officially supported and something that’s barely tested. Same would go for Sony. I don’t give a shyt either way. Lol

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan

Your pc don’t come with documentation of every potential device you may hook to it :stopitslime:

PCs are designed to work with off the shelf components. This is a proprietary game console not specifically designed to work with off the shelf components that the manufacturer doesn't specify. They used to sell "cooling fans" that "worked" with an Xbox 360 and come to find out they caused the console to overheat. They used to sell Switch docks that worked with the Nintendo Switch, come to find out they burned out the console.

Just because something is possible to do doesn't make it a good idea to do. So if Microsoft doesn't suggest it's an acceptable idea to plug up some adapter to your console and use it in a way they didn't account for in their design and never intended then no that's not a disingenuous argument in the least.

Sony designed the PS5 to take internal drives and they give you guidelines and say have at it staying inside those. Do you know the power draw of that adapter and it's effects on that port and the system? What about the draw of a drive not designed to work with an Xbox coupled with that adapter?

No you're just running your mouth on an argument you clearly lost a while ago because it's all you got and even now you won't admit you're wrong but you never do anyway so it's to be expected.

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit

Your pc don’t come with documentation of every potential device you may hook to it :stopitslime:

No we don't. Do you even understand what's happening here?

This means that theoretically a modified CFe adapter for NVMe drives could be used for Xbox Series. And this is exactly what was tested by a modder from Bilibili, but with one minor caveat. Modder did not use a 3rd party NVMe drive but an M.2 storage taken from the Xbox Series console. This means that it was already compatible and properly formatted to Xbox standard, thus any 3rd party expandable storage may not work.

The modder used a CH SN530 NVMe drive, which is a custom implementation with PCIe Gen4 support.
The more widely available PC SN 530 is PCIe Gen3. The modder was able saturate the full 1.7 GB/s speed offered by the adaptor. He also notes that a simple attachment of CFe drive (sold separately as expandable storage for cameras) does not work and the console reports an incompatible device.

What you're suggesting is more complicated and requires more knowledge than the PS5 solution. And even then it is not known if it actually works.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
PCs are designed to work with off the shelf components. This is a proprietary game console not specifically designed to work with off the shelf components that the manufacturer doesn't specify. They used to sell "cooling fans" that "worked" with an Xbox 360 and come to find out they caused the console to overheat. They used to sell Switch docks that worked with the Nintendo Switch, come to find out they burned out the console.

Just because something is possible to do doesn't make it a good idea to do. So if Microsoft doesn't suggest it's an acceptable idea to plug up some adapter to your console and use it in a way they didn't account for in their design and never intended then no that's not a disingenuous argument in the least.

Sony designed the PS5 to take internal drives and they give you guidelines and say have at it staying inside those. Do you know the power draw of that adapter and it's effects on that port and the system? What about the draw of a drive not designed to work with an Xbox coupled with that adapter?

No you're just running your mouth on an argument you clearly lost a while ago because it's all you got and even now you won't admit you're wrong but you never do anyway so it's to be expected.
The fukk :mjlol:

Sony stans got issues.

I just posted a link to an option.

calm down buddy. There’s no argument to “win”

Sheesh you stans take this so seriously:huhldup:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
The fukk :mjlol:

Sony stans got issues.

I just posted a link to an option.

calm down buddy. There’s no argument to “win”

Sheesh you stans take this so seriously:huhldup:
You talking like Trump after he suggested people inject poisonous chemicals to kill COVID. Let me guess you was just processing the information out loud like he was.