Non-Proprietary Storage Solution > Other (Xbox unveils new storage sizes)

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Sony stans :mjlol:

Funny thing is. You can buy off the shelf SSDs for Xbox as well

Best of both worlds. :blessed:

Sony clowns lose again :wow:

modder has managed to convert an internal SSD into an external Xbox Series X/S expansion card, and theorises that other non-proprietary SSDs could work too.

The user stresses that they have only tested this with the same SSD that is used as the Xbox Series X/S internal storage, and it’s not guaranteed that other storage will work at this point.

“If there are experts out there who can try other NVMe PCIe 4.0 solid state drives, especially the 2280 length, which can be expanded to 4T or more, then the value of this discovery will be great,” they said (VGC’s translation). “I hope someone can give feedback if they test it.”

20210912_613de0f3cad31.webp

If you don’t get this goofy shyt out my face :mjlol:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
modder has managed to convert an internal SSD into an external Xbox Series X/S expansion card, and theorises that other non-proprietary SSDs could work too.

The user stresses that they have only tested this with the same SSD that is used as the Xbox Series X/S internal storage, and it’s not guaranteed that other storage will work at this point.

“If there are experts out there who can try other NVMe PCIe 4.0 solid state drives, especially the 2280 length, which can be expanded to 4T or more, then the value of this discovery will be great,” they said (VGC’s translation). “I hope someone can give feedback if they test it.”

20210912_613de0f3cad31.webp

If you don’t get this goofy shyt out my face :mjlol:
What’s the problem.

You can buy off the shelf shyt and you don’t even need a screwdriver.

:umad:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I still like the Xbox solution better. Especially because it's hot swappable. The PlayStation solution is much cheaper especially around 1TB.

breakfuss

#SHAMBLES
Supporter
Daps
I get by on around 1TB on PC. it's nice having a lot of games installed, but truthfully I don't really play more than 4-5 regularly. my internet is good, so it doesn't take me long to reinstall if I need to
Yea I hear you but you're:
a) assuming only one person uses the console
b) assuming people aren't Xfinity customers or with some other shyt company that imposes data caps and throttling

It's not like I play a ton at the same time either but 800GB is unsustainable for me. I'll keep doing the cold storage thing for now though. I can't imagine what S owners are feeling.
don't remind me...the fukk i look like paying 130+ for 32GB :scust:
Man I think I was pissed the entire time I used a Vita. Amazing piece of kit but damn we all got fleeced in that situation.

:russ::russ::russ::russ::russ:

Xbots our here trying to be Maguyver and shyt :mjlol:
We gotta take our licks @PS5 @MeachTheMonster ...brehs, we cannot spin this one :francis: but I'll be impressed if yall manage to find some way.