Viceland telling MTV
giphy.gif

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex

Viacom is changing its tune slightly to prepare for pay TV’s game of musical chairs. Facing the possibility that its low-rated channels will be left out of distributors’ new skinny bundles, the company today says it will rebrand MTV Hits into NickMusic, described as “a 24-hour music video destination for kids.”

After the change takes place on September 9, NickMusic will offer videos from different musical genres. It also will run artist-hosted blocks, branded segments, and long-form specials and series including concerts.

Early this month Viacom rebranded VH1 Classic as MTV Classic.

Nickelodeon has longstanding connections to the pop music scene. Clear Channel’s iHeartRadio digital platform features Nick-related celebrities on NickRadio (which promotes itself as offering “All the Hits, All the Slime”). It also features pop stars in its annual Kids Choice Awards.

MTV Hits launched in 2002 and is mostly offered on cable companies’ digital tiers.

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
Scared me for a second there, I thought they were rebranding MTV as NickMusic :whew: As shytty as the network is, there's still hope to turn things around.

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
its low-rated channels will be left out of distributors’ new skinny bundles

Just delaying the inevitable with the rebranding.. like I said earlier in this thread..

I think there will be a mass culling of channels in a few years

Milk N Cookies

(Self-titled) Queen of the Film Room
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Movies and tv shows

untitled-15.gif

Damn and i was really about to get back into bet. As of the last two three years I've given them a lot of credit for revamping the network with their shows even though they don't show videos. technically bet never was fully about videos; it was about black entertainment which it went back home to. It's a sad day in entertainment. I hope some white person dont take his spot and they put a black face on them to save face. But then again this is Viacom owned bet so it's prolly gonna happen :mjpls::mjpls::mjpls:

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex

It's been an eventful 2017 for BET thus far. The network is now apparently shutting down its flagship offices in Washington, DC and moving to New York City, which will become the cabler's new headquarters, starting in July of this year.

BET chief Debra Lee sent out the below interior memos to its employees (Shadow and Act was able to obtain copies of each), detailing the above plans. In addition, we've learned that DC employees (about 20 full-timers and 40 freelancers) were not told whether they would also be moved to the New York City (or LA) locations, or if they would in fact be let go. But it's likely that most of them will be laid off before the network begins its new fiscal year, which starts in October.

This news comes following the exit of a key executive (President of Programming Stephen Hill left the company in March), and Head of Original Programming Zola Mashariki's discrimination lawsuit that claims ongoing and widespread harassment of women at the network, which became public just last week.

Also, the network recently announced a hefty 2017-2018 programming slate at its annual Upfront presentation in New York, which includes new original primetime and late night series, new biopics and documentary series based on real-life musical icons, and more, all under the theme "BET is saying YES..." to talent and original programming.

With regards to the HQ relocation, both interior memos to staff of the DC office and what looks like a general announcement to all BET staff, follow below.

BET2.jpg

BET1.jpg