Reppin
DFW Metroplex

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
I swear Miley Cyrus is the most unnecessary human being in Amerikkka right now.

I just don't ever see why she was popular or even looked at.

I still have no idea who buys her music. Is it basically all college aged white girls in her fan base?

I can see folks messing with her last album that came out back in 2013 ("Bangerz"). They were legit crossover hits on the album. It featured notable big name Hip-Hop producers & artists. The album went Platinum in the U.S. & sold over 4.5 million copies wordwide

But nobody takes her seriously anymore & she looked as joke in 2015. Nobody is checking for that new experimental Pop album that she just released.

I don't know, and I don't know why nikkaz in Hip-Hop started embracing this thot.

:snoop: I don't understand why Mike Will Made It dated her. She's not attractive AT ALL. Dude can find easily better looking females out in public.

Last edited:

Kane

#BonesGANG
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
I can see folks messing with her last album that came out back in 2013 ("Bangerz"). They were legit crossover hits on the album. It featured notable big name Hip-Hop producers & artists. The album went Platinum in the U.S. & sold over 4.5 million copies wordwide

But nobody takes her seriously anymore & she looked as joke in 2015. Nobody is checking for that new experimental Pop album that she just released a week.

:snoop: I don't understand why Mike Will Made It dated her. She's not attractive AT ALL. Dude can find easily better looking females out in public.

Yea I actually bought Bangerz :snoop:

She had a couple hits that I really liked and Mike Will executive produced it so I saw it and bought it when I was at Best Buy.

It was trash tho. Only a handful of good songs. Prolly the worst album I've ever bought.

The Amerikkkan Idol

The Amerikkkan Nightmare
Daps

But all the shows that MTV has now you can watch on YouTube as well.

You can't watch idiots falling off shyt like on Rob Dyrdek's show on YouTube?

Like I said, pretty much the thing MTV could do is documentaries and live concerts and music history stuff.

That's stuff you can't find on YouTube.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
GettyImages-486005744.0.jpg

133.gif

MTV....RIP.....::mjlol:

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
I'll admit I'm no expert on them but from what I've seen there's a synergy going

there.

They introduce new artists, they have people cover regional scenes, they have no problem

doing video series AS WELL AS written material.

I want to emphasize that people are tuning in to watch this material, they really have no problem

sitting down at their computers to watch these 15 minute/30 minute, multi part mini documentaries.

For example Koh that japanese trap rapper was introduce to people on one of these websites.

This is the sorta novel stuff that I feel MTV should be capitalizing on but instead they aren't.

I genuinely feel there's a market for people who want to watch concerts, get introduced to new

artists, etc. MTV just hasn't tapped into it yet and as time goes on they're falling

further and further behind.

Why cant channels or radio focus on more than one thing at a time? like just because there was an audience for reality tv, it doesn't mean the audience for music went anywhere..

there is this thought that is shared by all of the people that run radio and tv, that you can only make money on the top 10-20 songs. They act like there is 0 or not enough interest in discovering something new or playing anything that is true to a certain genre. It seems like these companies are trying to get people to stop investing in music, they are trying to make it seem like anything "edgy" was a fad and the world had moved on to more generic sounding safer artists.. I would love to see the rating that suggested the musical shows losing ratings, I am sure they always had more rating than these fake as reality shows.. like unplugged or even the shows based on music documenting an artist as they prepare for their next album or are on tour..

steadyrighteous

Veteran
Daps
Millennials don't watch live TV really unless it's sports. I haven't watched anything on MTV since the first season of Catfish.

I actually think they/we do, but we're now accustomed to not only watching exactly what we want, but when we want it.

People say shyt like "music videos are dead", but Bieber's video came out last week and has 47 million views. Why?

Because it's available when you want it, and where you want it.

Netflix has all TV networks scrambling to create stand-alone streaming services (HBO, SHO, CBS is making theirs etc. etc.) Why?

Because we still watch TV, but fukk if I'mma tune in at a set time and watch one ep. Nah, I wanna watch Ep 1-5 at 1am eating a bowl of cereal.

I don't think MTV has to go back to showing music videos, that shyt is dead in its old form. But musical content is what they need. What that means, I don't know exactly.

Why isn't HOT 97's SummerJam and other radio station concerts live on MTV?

Why isn't the main stage of Coachella?

Why not a live weekly Unplugged series?

MTV would clock 10 million + if Taylor Swift did an Unplugged one week between Kendrick Lamar and HAIM or some shyt. There are so many artists out there, why have they let SNL and late night talk shows co-opt them out of live performances?

Music Television doesn't have to mean music videos, but it should mean Music.

:yeshrug:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I actually think they/we do, but we're now accustomed to not only watching exactly what we want, but when we want it.
I said
Millennials don't watch live TV really unless it's sports.

I don't know about you but everything I watch is either off a DVR or streamed or is a video file on my computer unless I'm watching a sporting event.

I haven't sat down and deliberately watched a regular program on TV at it's normal airing time in well over half a decade. MTV is a television network dedicated to an age group that's no longer a consistent watcher of TV. I watch more stuff on YouTube than on TV these days and I'm at the older end of MTV's target audience if I'm even included at all at age 32. People younger than me probably watch less TV than I do. Many young people these days don't even have cable because it's too expensive and they don't watch that much TV anyway.

Viacom is just at the forefront of the trend in Television. Younger people will continue to abandon traditional Cable/ Satellite TV and migrate to stuff like YouTube, Netflix, Hulu, ect.

Whitty Hutton

these posters are TRASH
Daps
Reppin
retired
not only that. if you try to watch a show on MTV, it's full of commercials. now if you think I'm gonna watch their shytty programming plus put up with like 25 minutes of commercials in a 60 minute program, you're nuts. I got a nice backlog on netflix, I got amazon prime, and whatever other content I've downloaded from hbo/showtime all waiting in the wings as viable alternatives to their programming.
Now these faggits show 90 minute movies that stretch out to 3 hours with commercials :what:

Capture.jpg

Who wants to sit through that? :camby:

Last edited:

The Amerikkkan Idol

The Amerikkkan Nightmare
Daps
Millennials don't watch live TV really unless it's sports. I haven't watched anything on MTV since the first season of Catfish.

I do.

I said

I don't know about you but everything I watch is either off a DVR or streamed or is a video file on my computer unless I'm watching a sporting event.

I haven't sat down and deliberately watched a regular program on TV at it's normal airing time in well over half a decade. MTV is a television network dedicated to an age group that's no longer a consistent watcher of TV. I watch more stuff on YouTube than on TV these days and I'm at the older end of MTV's target audience if I'm even included at all at age 32. People younger than me probably watch less TV than I do. Many young people these days don't even have cable because it's too expensive and they don't watch that much TV anyway.

Viacom is just at the forefront of the trend in Television. Younger people will continue to abandon traditional Cable/ Satellite TV and migrate to stuff like YouTube, Netflix, Hulu, ect.

Yeah, we're close in age, but I still watch TV. I do watch a lot of shyt on DVR and YouTube, but I still watch like you said, sports and TV shows that I really wanna see when they first air like "Empire" or "Family Guy" or "South Park"