NO TROLLING: I fail to see how BOTW is a 10/10 when it has all the flaws of open world games

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The only other Zelda game I would give a 10 to is OOT. And that game didn't have much of a story either. The rest are 7's on up.

A perfect score doesn't mean the game is perfect, otherwise we wouldn't have any perfectly scored games. (Maybe chrono trigger)

But realistically the game is a 9.5/10

Not because it's nintendo or zelda, if anything that makes it harder on nintendo IP's I expect good games out the box from nintendo they don't get the benefit of the doubt like alot of other companies.

Nintendo is instantly judged with a microscope because of their track record. And each time they rise above and beyond the last (for the most part).

I'm not even a fanboy like that but I can pretty much count on a 1st party title from them being good and hopefully great like BOTW.

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
horizon's graphics will age worse due to imitating photorealism, where Zelda's won't because it's art style mimics animated films. so i'd argue that zelda has better graphics for that sole reason

No, you are saying the look/design of the game will age better, not that it has better graphics, which blatantly isn't true.

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
from what I've played I can't pass full judgement but I think the game deserves it's scores.

What the hell are you doing?
You haven't played the game enough to make a judgement yet you lob a weak objection to every point in the OP

10/10 doesn't mean a game is flawless or is perfect

This goes without saying.

Once again, my larger point is that this game is not being criticized for doing exactly what other games are criticized for.[/QUOTE]

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
What game is a 10/10 to you?
I don't think in those terms. Something is either good, average or bad.

But when I something being praised to the moon like BOTW i expect a mind blowing experience that takes open world gaming to new heights.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I don't think in those terms. Something is either good, average or bad.

But when I something being praised to the moon like BOTW i expect a mind blowing experience that takes open world gaming to new heights.
So if you don't think in those terms why'd you make a thread about it? :ohhh:

In your mind, the praise would've just been a lot of "good" praise.

Againn, you're trying to quantify a bunch of experiences in a game as vast and open as BOTW into numbers.

:patrice:

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
So if you don't think in those terms why'd you make a thread about it? :ohhh:

In your mind, the praise would've just been a lot of "good" praise.

Againn, you're trying to quantify a bunch of experiences in a game as vast and open as BOTW into numbers.

:patrice:
nikka stop.

My point is clear. Games are criticized and slandered for doing certain things and when BOTW does them its completely ignored