No thread on the "school choice" movement brewing in Republican states?

Daps
Are black parents not allowed to get school vouchers? Are black parents content with the public schools their children attend? Are these high quality schools, and the only reason the white parents don’t want to use them is because of black students?

Killah Ray

Carolina hail to thee....
Daps
Yeah and that’s why many black parents are taking their kids out of this racist public school system and home schooling.

it’s such a beautiful thing
You gotta be some nikka from the suburbs with no real knowledge of the real world.

People are struggling working 2 jobs how in the hell are they supposed to fit in home schooling on top of that?

shyt a lot of people can’t teach a dog to fetch but I’m supposed to believe they can teach a child calculus? :stopitslime:

Sir Richard Spirit

Superstar
Daps
It was the first bill presented in Florida this year..that shyt is gonna happen here unfortunately.

The only thing working against it is convenience.

I got a pretty good public school a block away. Am I really gonna drive 10 miles to send my kid to a private school or charter school?

What about the people in Indiana who don’t have a pretty good school a block away? I moved to Indiana from Chicago. My sister came here years before me. Her daughters school was closed down. They merged a bunch of middle schools and built a new high school.It left they city with 2 high schools. Both suck. One was almost taken over by the state and the new one actually closed for a week after opening because of a shooting.

Same story in Gary Indiana. If I’m not mistaken the state has full control of Gary schools. All there schools suck regardless if it’s public or charter. They had a all girls school that was doing good, but they opened it up to boys like 2 years ago.

The city my sister lives in does have a Catholic high school. It’s pretty respected and majority of their kids are black/Latin from Hammond,Gary,East Chicago, Chicago & suburbs. All the black/Latin neighborhoods. I would bet almost all of them are on a voucher. They even have a bus that goes and picks some kids up. The White Sox just signed a pitcher from the school.

Should that option not be given to them?

Micky Mikey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You gotta be some nikka from the suburbs with no real knowledge of the real world.

People are struggling working 2 jobs how in the hell are they supposed to fit in home schooling on top of that?

shyt a lot of people can’t teach a dog to fetch but I’m supposed to believe they can teach a child calculus? :stopitslime:
Agreed. This isn't realistic for most people.
Republicans spent decades trashing public schools, while defunding them. People aren't able to connect the dots and barking up the wrong tree. Public schools are a necessity and they need to be funded. In fact, they need to be the most state of the art well funded institutions in America.

OfTheCross

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Keeping my overhead low, and my understand high
What about the people in Indiana who don’t have a pretty good school a block away? I moved to Indiana from Chicago. My sister came here years before me. Her daughters school was closed down. They merged a bunch of middle schools and built a new high school.It left they city with 2 high schools. Both suck. One was almost taken over by the state and the new one actually closed for a week after opening because of a shooting.

Same story in Gary Indiana. If I’m not mistaken the state has full control of Gary schools. All there schools suck regardless if it’s public or charter. They had a all girls school that was doing good, but they opened it up to boys like 2 years ago.

The city my sister lives in does have a Catholic high school. It’s pretty respected and majority of their kids are black/Latin from Hammond,Gary,East Chicago, Chicago & suburbs. All the black/Latin neighborhoods. I would bet almost all of them are on a voucher. They even have a bus that goes and picks some kids up. The White Sox just signed a pitcher from the school.

Should that option not be given to them?

That option won't be available to most of the kids you're referring to.

These schools are almost all already at capacity. They may take a chosen few from the bad school but most will be left behind anyway.

The State/school district needs to improve their schools.

Killah Ray

Carolina hail to thee....
Daps

These schools are almost all already at capacity. They may take a chosen few from the bad school but most will be left behind anyway.

That’s another thing people have fukked up, just because you have a voucher doesn’t mean the prestigious private school is gonna take your ass….

Sir Richard Spirit

Superstar
Daps
That’s another thing people have fukked up, just because you have a voucher doesn’t mean the prestigious private school is gonna take your ass….

Most schools aren’t prestigious there just another option for schooling. You don’t know what you’re talking about .

Last edited:

Sir Richard Spirit

Superstar
Daps

How long should people wait for the schools to be fixed? They been having that convo since I was kid.

skylove4

Veteran
Daps
My wife is a teacher here in SC and the dumb fukks of this state just elected a school choice candidate to be the state superintendent of education…

She got her degree illegally from a private Christian university and is about to fukk up this state something serious. Trying my damndest to get my wife to fukking leave this shyt but she loves what she does…
Isn’t this the heifer that didn’t have the necessary qualifications like a masters degree so they fast tracked her one :snoop:

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps
Lotta folks be like "I'm dropping off Demontavious at 8, and he better be smart at 3 pm when I pick his little ass up"

American education, the Prussian system in general, is not about education. It's about socialization, and a lot of time all kids, but our kids in particular, learn the wrong socialization - aka the hidden curriculum.