No thread on Affirmative Action fighting for its life?

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yeah, the Asians are pretty much being used as pawns by white conservatives. The 'mastermind' behind the Harvard lawsuit is Edward Blum, a white conservative who pretty much has a hardon for going after laws that benefit black people. The really bad thing though is that if the Harvard case reaches the Supreme Court, AA as we know it is probably fukked. And it's looking like it could go that way.

Well said. Folks think this shyt is a joke.

Affirmative action was specifically made for black folks originally.

Also the dismantling of affirmative action in college will lead to the dismantling of affirmative action in commercial and especially government jobs (which hires high amounts of black folks).

Real talk the back bone of the black middle and middle upper class is government jobs. Think how many black folks and black wealth could be impacted if affirmative action was dismantled in government hiring.

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Your response is not based on reality.

There are jobs that are only given to Ivy League Grad, I repeat, only given to Ivy Leaguers. Asian Americans know this and that's why they're grinding to remove quotas. By not stopping this, you have just killed the dreams of many high achieving black students.

Second, this doesn't have to be a choose one scenario. We can have both. Not everyone will make it to the top schools and if they want, they can attend a HBCU. You've watched too many episodes of A Different World.

Edit: And once you've eliminated the Black student from getting the Ivy League education, You're now going to need Affirmative Action to land him a job because his degree doesn't have the same recognition.

What dude doesn't realize is that their are black folks who get degrees from HBCUs and then get a masters or PHD from a ivy league school.

Eliminating Affirmative action from ivy league schools can eventually lead to dismantling in corporate and government jobs.

As far as needing affirmative action in corporate america. It really doesnt matter cause for certain industries and jobs you will count as a affirmative action hire no matter where you graduated from.

Years ago I worked for a DoD company who had a intiative to hire more minorties because they were winning contracts. Well a lot of brothas and sistas got hired under this AA initiative. The VP they hired was a brotha who was an ivy league grad. The design engineer I worked with who was a new hire was a MIT grad (sista from Boston).

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
even wilder I know a college professor who makes bank on the side via helping Asian applicants with their applications. He told me the stuff they turn in is mostly talking about their parents and literally nothing interesting or even showing any emotion other than pride in what their parents do.

He livens it up and tries to make these people Non Machinelike in the application process. Their culture is based on test results. All the extra curricular culture shyt doesn't exist. He charges them like $500 a pop and eats just making people not seem like robots. Told me this directly.

I had no idea it was a hustle and he says yeah, they even pay for their kids to live with someone to finish highschool to improve chances to get into a school.AND PAY BANK. They're bragging about test scores and folks are like "tell us about your life, what do you like to do? Well I like to read and study for my tests" :wow:

All of this shyt is sooooooooo fukking true. But if you ever travel to these countries you can tell that these folks are robots.

I mentioned on here how I work internationally. I literally have to talk to these folks like they kids. Because in their countries you are not allowed to be individuals just take orders.

I work in china and eastern europe and have jokers in meeting asking me can they go to the rest room cause they ain't taken a piss in 3 hours...:mjlol:

Dude shyt like watching kids in kindergarten.

Daps

I’ll do you one better. Affirmative Action is 1 of the few programs that was designed to directly help black people. It has since been co-opted by other groups, but still helps block people out. The republicans are dead set on killing it.

When we talk withholding votes from democrats and making both parties compete for our votes. Do the Republicans strike anyone as a party that will do anything specifically for black people if they’re trying to kill a program that kind of benefits them, but mainly white women?

Pazzy

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
White people thinking this is one over black people, but really Asians WON over everyone. We about to have the Ivy Reague
full

Actually white women have benefitted the most from affirmative action:yeshrug: you will NEVER hear about that though.

Nintendough

#Kliq
Daps
Reppin
Eagles, Canes, Kliq, Sixers
Wouldn't this hurt white women the most?

Ding ding ding this is how stupid cacs are.

The white woman has benefited more from affirmative action more than anyone. But they put a nikka face on it to bring the prejudices out of people. The fact that affirmative action even needed to exsist in the first place is the reason why it should never die.

96Blue

Superstar
Daps
I wonder how white women are going to feel about this, because... They do know that they... Benefit the most from Affirmative Action, right?

:ohhh:... :mjlol:

Frangala

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Le Grand Congo (Kin)
The wealthiest Black man Robert Smith in America went to an Ivy league undergrad (Cornell) and Grad school (Columbia MBA) and has done countless interviews how the schools he went to opened up doors . People spewing this BS about the Ivies not mattering when it come to life and career opportunities are not being truthful. Is it the end all be all? No but doors get opened a lot more. That's just the way it is for the moment.

The same people buying into this narrative that Ivies don't matter or that they haven't produced "pro-Black" leaders will be the same people highlighting and being critical (as they should) that a great number of Black spots are being taken by non-Black Americans instead Black immigrants or children of Black immigrants since they were not the intended beneficiaries of the policy. Which one is it?

Firefly

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The bottom line on this is only to justify the rates people are represented when the Majority becomes the Minority in this country and the numbers start not adding up. Its some pre-Apartheid prep. These folks aint dumb. They are Preparing Now.

Tom Foolery

You're using way too many napkins.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Boardwalk and Park Place
Breh, youre black first and an ivy league grad second. As Obama has shown us, it doesn't matter how eloquent, intelligent or rational you are. They will disrespect you and bar you from opportunities. If you are hired, you're hired as a c00n to meet diversity quotas and they screen for any black self esteem during the interview. You dont need an ivy league education to be successful in America you just need supporters, good fortune and the self esteem and pride to want to do your own thing.

I also really resent the idea of a HCBU as a consolation. This goes back to my point of black people willing to rather walk on eggshells around non black people rather than come together and go to spaces where they are wanted rather than tolerated or used. This isn't the 90s. Internet is a game changer and people who dont have prestigious degrees get recognized by large organizations of the strength off their work that gets shared online. I would much rather be part of a network of fellow black people than be a token in a prestigious company.
As I've said before on this site. The pro-black talk, it sounds good and people will dap and everything, but it's not based on reality.

I have no clue what you are talking about with Obama, because I come across disrespectful Negros everyday. You need to get off this crab in the bucket mentality. I don't understand this idea of the less black people we have in high spot the better. This is hustling backwards.

And no, some black people want to land jobs that start at $100K. Talk is cheap, show me the HBCU line that sets you up for that?

Daps
Reppin
WestMidWest
let's be honest...

how many Black folks that benefited from affirmative action continued to support/advocate for it and viewed it as a benefit for Black folks
VS
abandoning it cause they got there's,
viewed it as a weakness to be associated with it,
then got scammed into becoming apart of POC movement that watered down legislative efforts, like affirmative action, geared to help Black folks in America to compete against not just cacs in America, but also against nationalities in America, whose countries strike deals with corporations for cheaper labor, education & work visas