No thread on Affirmative Action fighting for its life?

Scustin Bieburr

Baby baybee baybee UUUGH
Daps
:dwillhuh: I see you're not following the Harvard lawsuit. It's a direct attack on Black Admission.
I'll be completely frank: Harvard and the ivy league in general is not the kind of environment that encourages black people to have independent spirits and to care about other black people and black culture as a whole. I would much rather see more funding for HCBUs which can foster an environment where you can be yourself and not feel like you have to appease the white profs or whitewashed student body.

Black post secondary institutions can give students knowledge, foster connections among other black students, inoculate against c00nery and generally build a sense of racial pride. Black peoples biggest issue is our collective desire to want to be accepted by the mainstream despite the fact that in many ways we are the spice that makes America unique.

We invented the dances, we invented the music, our style of writing influenced the general literary tradition in addition to the dialects and slang and fashion we create that are imitated worldwide. You won't get the same depth of understanding about that rich tradition nor will you get the sense of belonging and racial pride you would get in a quality HCBU. Let affirmative action die so that our own schools may not only live but thrive.

When the likes of sanjit and duc dong realize that cacs aren't really that intelligent, but have power due to their racial status. Theyll probably start leaving those ivy league universities anyway. You can have all the degrees you want but if at the end of the day the cacs just see you as a robot that is good at crunching numbers and not a possible leader, you end up realizing you got scammed. As someone already said earlier in this thread other groups stay getting hustled because they lust for the prestige of the ivy league.

Black people need to stop expecting people who dont care about us to have our interests at heart and should be propping up our own industries where we will be accepted with open arms instead of tolerated or used as a marketing tool and shield for criticism.

Emoryal

Superstar
Daps
Yeah, the Asians are pretty much being used as pawns by white conservatives. The 'mastermind' behind the Harvard lawsuit is Edward Blum, a white conservative who pretty much has a hardon for going after laws that benefit black people. The really bad thing though is that if the Harvard case reaches the Supreme Court, AA as we know it is probably fukked. And it's looking like it could go that way.
Why would they need to be used as pawns?

Tom Foolery

You're using way too many napkins.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Boardwalk and Park Place
I'll be completely frank: Harvard and the ivy league in general is not the kind of environment that encourages black people to have independent spirits and to care about other black people and black culture as a whole. I would much rather see more funding for HCBUs which can foster an environment where you can be yourself and not feel like you have to appease the white profs or whitewashed student body.

Black post secondary institutions can give students knowledge, foster connections among other black students, inoculate against c00nery and generally build a sense of racial pride. Black peoples biggest issue is our collective desire to want to be accepted by the mainstream despite the fact that in many ways we are the spice that makes America unique.

We invented the dances, we invented the music, our style of writing influenced the general literary tradition in addition to the dialects and slang and fashion we create that are imitated worldwide. You won't get the same depth of understanding about that rich tradition nor will you get the sense of belonging and racial pride you would get in a quality HCBU. Let affirmative action die so that our own schools may not only live but thrive.

When the likes of sanjit and duc dong realize that cacs aren't really that intelligent, but have power due to their racial status. Theyll probably start leaving those ivy league universities anyway. You can have all the degrees you want but if at the end of the day the cacs just see you as a robot that is good at crunching numbers and not a possible leader, you end up realizing you got scammed. As someone already said earlier in this thread other groups stay getting hustled because they lust for the prestige of the ivy league.

Black people need to stop expecting people who dont care about us to have our interests at heart and should be propping up our own industries where we will be accepted with open arms instead of tolerated or used as a marketing tool and shield for criticism.
Your response is not based on reality.

There are jobs that are only given to Ivy League Grad, I repeat, only given to Ivy Leaguers. Asian Americans know this and that's why they're grinding to remove quotas. By not stopping this, you have just killed the dreams of many high achieving black students.

Second, this doesn't have to be a choose one scenario. We can have both. Not everyone will make it to the top schools and if they want, they can attend a HBCU. You've watched too many episodes of A Different World.

Edit: And once you've eliminated the Black student from getting the Ivy League education, You're now going to need Affirmative Action to land him a job because his degree doesn't have the same recognition.

Last edited:

Thanos

?
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta

I agree with the general message, but just because AA dies, doesn't mean HBCU will be growing drastically (but they'll increase), these kids will just slide down to secondaries. Folks lowkey think these schools are inferior, and they don't want to attend them like their PWIs

Jemmy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Oh well. We will just send our kids to HBCU's and let the whites and asians duke it out.

A lot of universities don't even admit African Americans but accept Africans instead to meet quota.

Along with sending our best athletes to HBCU’s. Start with parents threatening to pull their student athlete children out of these colleges over this and they’ll shut up quickly. All that NCAA money coming back to us will create a shift.

Problematic Pat

Superstar
Bushed
Daps

There are jobs that are only given to Ivy League Grad, I repeat, only given to Ivy Leaguers. Asian Americans know this and that's why they're grinding to remove quotas. By not stopping this, you have just killed the dreams of many high achieving black students.

Second, this doesn't have to be a choose one scenario. We can have both. Not everyone will make it to the top schools and if they want, they can attend a HBCU. You've watched too many episodes of A Different World.

Edit: And once you've eliminated the Black student from getting the Ivy League education, You're now going to need Affirmative Action to land him a job because his degree doesn't have the same recognition.
The Obamas, Eric Holders, Michael Eric Dyson, Skip Gates, Joy Reid, etc yeah we need less of those boot licking nikkaz that the Ivys create. What doors have they held open for other Black people?? Everyone that goes to the Ivys ain't a house nikka but majority of them are.

Tom Foolery

You're using way too many napkins.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Boardwalk and Park Place
The Obamas, Eric Holders, Michael Eric Dyson, Skip Gates, Joy Reid, etc yeah we need less of those boot licking nikkaz that the Ivys create. What doors have they held open for other Black people?? Everyone that goes to the Ivys ain't a house nikka but majority of them are.
Because you believe they haven't held doors open is a reason to get rid of affirmative action? This make no sense.

And tell me what's really so poppin' at these HBCU's? Because last time I check, they were crying for the same jobs these so called 'boot licking nikkaz' get offered.

End affirmative action and kill any chance HBCUs graduates have getting a gig at a top company brehs. :snoop:

Last edited:

Firefly

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL

even wilder I know a college professor who makes bank on the side via helping Asian applicants with their applications. He told me the stuff they turn in is mostly talking about their parents and literally nothing interesting or even showing any emotion other than pride in what their parents do.

He livens it up and tries to make these people Non Machinelike in the application process. Their culture is based on test results. All the extra curricular culture shyt doesn't exist. He charges them like $500 a pop and eats just making people not seem like robots. Told me this directly.

I had no idea it was a hustle and he says yeah, they even pay for their kids to live with someone to finish highschool to improve chances to get into a school.AND PAY BANK. They're bragging about test scores and folks are like "tell us about your life, what do you like to do? Well I like to read and study for my tests" :wow:

Scustin Bieburr

Baby baybee baybee UUUGH
Daps

Breh, youre black first and an ivy league grad second. As Obama has shown us, it doesn't matter how eloquent, intelligent or rational you are. They will disrespect you and bar you from opportunities. If you are hired, you're hired as a c00n to meet diversity quotas and they screen for any black self esteem during the interview. You dont need an ivy league education to be successful in America you just need supporters, good fortune and the self esteem and pride to want to do your own thing.

I also really resent the idea of a HCBU as a consolation. This goes back to my point of black people willing to rather walk on eggshells around non black people rather than come together and go to spaces where they are wanted rather than tolerated or used. This isn't the 90s. Internet is a game changer and people who dont have prestigious degrees get recognized by large organizations of the strength off their work that gets shared online. I would much rather be part of a network of fellow black people than be a token in a prestigious company.

HarlemHottie

Uptown Thoroughbred
Daps
Reppin
#ADOS
Breh, youre black first and an ivy league grad second. As Obama has shown us, it doesn't matter how eloquent, intelligent or rational you are. They will disrespect you and bar you from opportunities.
:patrice:Ngl, I went to an Ivy and the shyt white ppl offer me for absolutely no reason is... impressive. :wow:

But! The caveat is always that they deep down expect me to be a c00n. :francis:

An aside, the AA Ivy Leaguers I know are not doing well compared to the foreign blacks I know.