No thread on Affirmative Action fighting for its life?

Zach Lowe

what up beck
Daps
Affirmative action is legal they just can't have quotas and racial balancing

all that "Asians get rejected with better credentials" is kind of beside the point and already well known

the judge is liberal so Harvard will probably win

chineebai

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think most asians are for affirmative action and we see the need for diversity and inclusion. Getting rid of affirmative action doesn't really benefit asians significantly. Also the guy behind this lawsuit is also for taking voting rights away from minorities so it's a bullshyt case.

Arithmetic

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Asians have been held back by the floodgates of AA which benefits non-rich as fukk white people as much as it does black people and hispanics. Look at the UC system. It's about to be the Asian University fka Harvard. They're about to give non-rich whites a rude as hayle awakening when they get those rejection letters because Chang got the 2400, the 5.0, and the 15 ECs, and now they can't account for personality in admissions because that's discriminatory against Cho the Cardboard Cutout. Black people and whites both lawst, more so whites than us forreal, forreal, and Asians WON. :skip:
According to that video I posted, only 14 black students at Cal Tech in 2016. :scust:

MacNCheese

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NJ
Yeah, the Asians are pretty much being used as pawns by white conservatives. The 'mastermind' behind the Harvard lawsuit is Edward Blum, a white conservative who pretty much has a hardon for going after laws that benefit black people. The really bad thing though is that if the Harvard case reaches the Supreme Court, AA as we know it is probably fukked. And it's looking like it could go that way.

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
Asians have been held back by the floodgates of AA which benefits non-rich as fukk white people as much as it does black people and hispanics. Look at the UC system. It's about to be the Asian University fka Harvard. They're about to give non-rich whites a rude as hayle awakening when they get those rejection letters because Chang got the 2400, the 5.0, and the 15 ECs, and now they can't account for personality in admissions because that's discriminatory against Cho the Cardboard Cutout. Black people and whites both lawst, more so whites than us forreal, forreal, and Asians WON. :skip:
Whites will never lose in this. They will just do what they are doing in Silicon Valley and start openly discriminating v. Asians. They are doing this to get kudos from the white supremacists.

As Tariq said, this minority groups have their own interest at heart. They have zero care for Black people. They look at us supporting and marching as our job white people assigned us.

Arithmetic

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Meh, he said a lot of shyt telling me he is completely unaware of the system setup v. Black people
That wasn't the goal and you shouldn't have expected that either. The video only describes the case.

Vuvuzela

Captain of Amerikkka
Daps
Whites will never lose in this. They will just do what they are doing in Silicon Valley and start openly discriminating v. Asians. They are doing this to get kudos from the white supremacists.

As Tariq said, this minority groups have their own interest at heart. They have zero care for Black people. They look at us supporting and marching as our job white people assigned us.
They think they won't lose in the same way those lower class white clowns who voted for Trump can't conceive of having taken an L because they took down black people, Mexicacs, gays, and what have you alongside them. When they see the demographics shift back toward Jews with a nice helping of Asians at all the elite schools, they'll still be calling it a victory because they also got us, but in raw numbers, it'll be less of them getting in to HYPS.

Silicon Valley's discrimination is futile in the same way them trying to stave the flood of Asians in the UC System was since San Jose is pretty much Chinatown. Whites' hatred of black people has turned out to be their downfall: they thought they could use the Asians to play us, but the Asians, they did the Joker bank robbery maneuver. "Sorry, white piggu, but we gotta look out for our own too."

HarlemHottie

Uptown Thoroughbred
Daps
Reppin
#ADOS
Won't make a bit of difference for AAdos, regardless.:yeshrug:

Yes, because AAdos don't get into ivy league schools every year right? :martin:
:patrice:
...first- and second-generation black immigrants comprise 41 percent of all black students at Ivy League schools, according to 2007 research

In 2007! Imagine now. :usure: Read below to see recent academic receipts on how useful these immigrants are to the AAdos cause (they're not) and how white folks weed us out.

Learning Race in a U.S. Context: An Emergent Framework on the Perceptions of Race Among Foreign-Born Students of Color

An Emergent Framework on Learning Race in the U.S. Context

Students come to the United States with a racial under-standing that is informed by racial constructs and experiences in their home country, which are unique and distinct. In the framework the home country and the U.S. racial context are separate but slightly overlapping circles to con-vey bidirectional influence over time.The LRUSC framework emerges from racial experiences with the U.S. context and is represented by a solid line to the three categories in the model. Because race manifests differently across national contexts many of these students do not identify and internalize U.S. notions of racism, leading to an unexamined U.S. racial-ethnic identity. Figure 1 illustrates how at the unexamined status students are much more heavily guided by the notion that race does not affect them. However, over time as students have racial/ethnic encounters (REs) in the U.S. context they try to resist the impact of racism, but race has a way of “catching up with them” moving them toward an examination of U.S. racial ethnic identity.
Eventually, racial encounters led
students to make a variety of choices, which ranged from withdrawal and isolation to motivation for academic success. In the last category integrative awareness, race serves as a source of commitment to action that leads to socialchange. Only one student fully demonstrated this commitment to action, however several students were beginning to contemplate behaviors and actions that would move them toward inte-grative awareness.

Learning Race in a U.S. Context: An Emergent Framework on the Perceptions of Race Among Foreign-Born Students of Color

We Want Black Students, Just Not You: How White Admissions Counselors Screen Black Prospective Students

Abstract
Most historically and predominantly white institutions (HPWIs) now desire some number of black students on their campuses. However, recent theoretical scholarship suggests that HPWIs’ desire for and willingness to embrace black students is predicated on their racial palatability. The theory of intraracial discrimination stipulates that white gatekeepers are increasingly inclined to screen blacks to “weed out” those they perceive as too concerned with race and racism. In this study, the author assessed whether there was evidence of intraracial discrimination within the HPWI admissions regime. The data were derived through an audit of 517 white admissions counselors, employed at the same number of institutions, who received inquiry e-mails from fictitious black high school students who presented as more or less racially salient. The findings reveal that white admissions counselors are more responsive to black students who present as deracialized and racially apolitical than they are to those who evince a commitment to antiracism and racial justice. These findings provide convincing support for the theory of intraracial discrimination within the HPWI admissions regime. The author concludes with a brief discussion of the implications of these findings.

SAGE Journals: Your gateway to world-class journal research

Ivy League Fooled: How America's Top Colleges Avoid Real Diversity

The statistics are striking: Though African immigrants, many of them from Nigeria and Ghana, make up less than 1 percent of America's total population, first- and second-generation black immigrants comprise 41 percent of all black students at Ivy League schools, according to 2007 research from teams at Princeton and Penn. Another study, this one published in Sociology of Education in 2009, found that immigrant blacks attended select colleges at almost four times the rate of native-born African Americans. Outside of the Ivy League, almost 44 percent of African immigrants graduated from a four-year college, compared to just 18 percent of native blacks.

Ivy League Fooled: How America's Top Colleges Avoid Real Diversity

@Stacker Pentecost, Sources might be useful to you.

Firefly

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
These folks are so self contained mostly they don't face real racism since they stick to their own communities. They get to feel it when they get out of that comfort zone and try to get comfortable around these folks they look up to.

They aren't taken serious at all. I told this story before but I was working in this office doing tech work. 2 Asians in there, mostly whites, couple brothas. Anyways the white boys were clowning the Asian kid, just busting down with some friendly jokes. Soon as I opened my mouth with something light to just add in, comfortable setting we all kicking it, yo straight up the Asian kid turns red and wanted to fight me physically. Like they had to calm him down and have him leave the room. Embarrassed himself with how angry he got and I didn't say anything even near as bad as what they were doing clowning him.

The thing is they DO NOT SEE US AS ON THEIR LEVEL ON ANY LEVEL.

Not only are you NOT supposed to be smarter than them, but you also aren't supposed to be able to be more witty and comfortable in your own skin either.

It's funny in America where they are so angry about things being written in Spanish because folks aren't integrating, yet the argument is being made that the Schools have to adjust their standards to meet the Asian culture in America.
I mean the Harvard "personality" test is "are you just a machine who is book smart with no personality who cannot add onto anything culturally other than spitting out numbers and text you memorized or are you a full well rounded person?"

These folks are supposed to be so smart, yup book smart, but not culturally enriched or street smart enough to see that they're being USED.

Anyone who can't see it isn't as smart as they think they are.

Scustin Bieburr

Baby baybee baybee UUUGH
Daps
Most people who benefit from affirmative action are asians, people with disabilities and white women. It's not really a loss for us because it wasn't really meant for us to begin with. This is why you have to watch for policies where terms like "marginalized people" and "minorities" are used.

Let's see those asians and white women try to resurrect it if it dies.
pRre9Yl.gif

The Fade

I don’t argue with niqqas on the Internet anymore
Daps
These folks are so self contained mostly they don't face real racism since they stick to their own communities. They get to feel it when they get out of that comfort zone and try to get comfortable around these folks they look up to.

They aren't taken serious at all. I told this story before but I was working in this office doing tech work. 2 Asians in there, mostly whites, couple brothas. Anyways the white boys were clowning the Asian kid, just busting down with some friendly jokes. Soon as I opened my mouth with something light to just add in, comfortable setting we all kicking it, yo straight up the Asian kid turns red and wanted to fight me physically. Like they had to calm him down and have him leave the room. Embarrassed himself with how angry he got and I didn't say anything even near as bad as what they were doing clowning him.

The thing is they DO NOT SEE US AS ON THEIR LEVEL ON ANY LEVEL.

Not only are you NOT supposed to be smarter than them, but you also aren't supposed to be able to be more witty and comfortable in your own skin either.

It's funny in America where they are so angry about things being written in Spanish because folks aren't integrating, yet the argument is being made that the Schools have to adjust their standards to meet the Asian culture in America.
I mean the Harvard "personality" test is "are you just a machine who is book smart with no personality who cannot add onto anything culturally other than spitting out numbers and text you memorized or are you a full well rounded person?"

These folks are supposed to be so smart, yup book smart, but not culturally enriched or street smart enough to see that they're being USED.

Anyone who can't see it isn't as smart as they think they are.

In the video posted in this thread, there’s an African breh giving the Asians work in the comments. The Asians aren’t mad at the 55% legacy cacs.. they straight up want 2/3rds of the .6% of blacks at Harvard’s gone. They said that 2/3rd has the intelligence equivalent to a mentally challenged man in China

They think we are all stupid no matter how high we climb, they are insulted being in the same space as us

They, like the cacs really believe no black person alive is smart enough for Ivy League. They act like they’re just letting every black person in. We know damn sure Harvard isn’t letting my 3.1 average ass in just because “quota”:gucci:

They’re fukking insane

The whole point of it is that it’s to keep cacs from straight up throwing black applicants in the trash. We know that if AA is gone they are putting everyone in the paper shredder

Last edited: