No thread on Affirmative Action fighting for its life?

Larry Lambo

Superstar
Daps
As I've said before on this site. The pro-black talk, it sounds good and people will dap and everything, but it's not based on reality.

I have no clue what you are talking about with Obama, because I come across disrespectful Negros everyday. You need to get off this crab in the bucket mentality. I don't understand this idea of the less black people we have in high spot the better. This is hustling backwards.

And no, some black people want to land jobs that start at $100K. Talk is cheap, show me the HBCU line that sets you up for that?

The cream rises to the top. I went to FAMU and we sent a lot of folks to Wall Street, major consulting firms, major gigs at Fortune 100 companies. Someone that could get into Harvard, should be able to go to an HBCU and get a top tier job coming out of school.

Problematic Pat

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Because you believe they haven't held doors open is a reason to get rid of affirmative action? This make no sense.

And tell me what's really so poppin' at these HBCU's? Because last time I check, they were crying for the same jobs these so called 'boot licking nikkaz' get offered.

End affirmative action and kill any chance HBCUs graduates have getting a gig at a top company brehs. :snoop:
Top companies go to HBCUs to recruit Black people specifically. This is a known FACT. The Black dude who owns HBCU Connect website always doing events whether it's hiring or internships with said company. Just because YOU don't know doesn't mean it's not happening.

HBCU CONNECT - The Original Historically Black College and University Student & Alumni Community

Tom Foolery

You're using way too many napkins.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Boardwalk and Park Place
Top companies go to HBCUs to recruit Black people specifically. This is a known FACT. The Black dude who owns HBCU Connect website always doing events whether it's hiring or internships with said company. Just because YOU don't know doesn't mean it's not happening.

HBCU CONNECT - The Original Historically Black College and University Student & Alumni Community

Check the dates on all the links you posted. All 2018. You are aware there was a huge complaint of top companies not recruiting at HBCUs?

But beyond that there is no pipeline to the top jobs. The workforce stats show the under-representation. I'm not saying can't have a career, but it's much harder to land the top jobs ivy league get. Which is way Asians are trying to tear down the policies.

The cream rises to the top. I went to FAMU and we sent a lot of folks to Wall Street, major consulting firms, major gigs at Fortune 100 companies. Someone that could get into Harvard, should be able to go to an HBCU and get a top tier job coming out of school.
Salute to them, but ivy league is seen as all cream in the employers eyes.

Your chances of landing the Top-teir jobs and having Higher pay is greater going to a top school. Talk to those same FAMU grads, ask them who they are surrounded by.

OrionBC

Hard Work and Cloud Watching
Daps
I wonder how white women are going to feel about this, because... They do know that they... Benefit the most from Affirmative Action, right?

:ohhh:... :mjlol:

White women dont want to believe that they would benefit from something like affirmative action. Racism and prejudice prevents them from acknowledging that it benefits more than the minorities they look down on. I remember talking to a white woman at work and explaining that a notice she received regarding Medicaid that she had briefly was valid. I swear on my life this woman almost cursed me out for daring to tell her she had Medicaid before. She no lie told me that it was Medicare and not Medicaid that she had. She was no where near Medicare age. Racism and prejudice keeps people in a state of stupidity.

FukYaFeelings

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Englewood Chicago to Southwest Atlanta
Along with sending our best athletes to HBCU’s. Start with parents threatening to pull their student athlete children out of these colleges over this and they’ll shut up quickly. All that NCAA money coming back to us will create a shift.

:skip: Like parents finna pull their children outta schools paying full tuition and giving me a chance in the NFL

Problematic Pat

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Check the dates on all the links you posted. All 2018. You are aware there was a huge complaint of top companies not recruiting at HBCUs?

But beyond that there is no pipeline to the top jobs. The workforce stats show the under-representation. I'm not saying can't have a career, but it's much harder to land the top jobs ivy league get. Which is way Asians are trying to tear down the policies.

Salute to them, but ivy league is seen as all cream in the employers eyes.

Your chances of landing the Top-teir jobs and having Higher pay is greater going to a top school. Talk to those same FAMU grads, ask them who they are surrounded by.
HBCU Connect is a old ass site. He just started personally recording these events a year ago. I've been getting emails about hiring events and internships through top companies since 2007.

Kenny West

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Or lack thereof that created many modern loopholes ppl have been able to exploit. Then again who could possibly have forseen the 14th amendment granting citizenship to ex-slaves used as justification for all for citizenship, merely by birth, for example.
There's no loophole. It explicitly includes other groups including religion and national orgin. From the beginning, in rhetoric and writing

Youre the one making it something its not. So the better question is why do you wish to see other black people get discriminated against?

T'krm

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
BA DOS Af pr
There's no loophole. It explicitly includes other groups including religion and national orgin. From the beginning, in rhetoric and writing

Youre the one making it something its not. So the better question is why do you wish to see other black people get discriminated against?
Not true..has already summarily proven; issues such as 'birth tourism' are a consequence of loopholes via modern-day interpretations.
Any event, who said anything of wanting to see other Black ppl disriminated against?
Sure as hell not the AAdos stance. I think it's you who is making something that it isn't! Furthermore, why is it you think it's AAdos job to regulate said actions, is the better question.

Last edited:

Kenny West

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Not true..has already summarily proven; issues such as 'birth tourism' are a consequence of loopholes via modern-day interpretations.
Any event, who said anything of wanting to see other Black ppl disriminated against?
Sure as hell not the AAdos stance. I think it's you who are making something that it isn't! Furthermore, why is it you think it's AAdos job to regulate said actions, is the better question.
Executive Order 10925

It includes other groups from the jump.

Furthermore my forefathers fought for discimination to be ended, not for it to be redirected.

The fact that you are falsely claiming those groups weren't/shouldn't be protected as well as ourselves show your intent. You don't have to explicitly state it.

So now will you juelz up some bullshyt that supposedly justifies your desire for white daddy to remain his racist discriminating self, as long as he makes our brand of nikka his favorite?

Yall walk over yourselfs trying to put a positive spin on negative intent that stands to help nobody.

T'krm

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
BA DOS Af pr
Executive Order 10925

It includes other groups from the jump.

Furthermore my forefathers fought for discimination to be ended, not for it to be redirected.

The fact that you are falsely claiming those groups weren't/shouldn't be protected as well as ourselves show your intent. You don't have to explicitly state it.

So now will you juelz up some bullshyt that supposedly justifies your desire for white daddy to remain his racist discriminating self, as long as he makes our brand of nikka his favorite?

Yall walk over yourselfs trying to put a positive spin on negative intent that stands to help nobody.
'Modern-day interpretations' ie: Executive orders. Same executive orders Trump can use to curtail immigration from his interpretations, ppl are now saying are unconstitutional.:wow:
And ur whole point is a juelz, bc instead of listening ur attempting to discern my intent, based upon ur flawed/biased logic. So, again. How is it AAdos responsibility to prevent discrimination for other groups?

Last edited:

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Oh well. We will just send our kids to HBCU's and let the whites and asians duke it out.

A lot of universities don't even admit African Americans but accept Africans insotead to meet quota.
:duck:

And quotas are illegal.

Stop spreading false information and lies.

Jemmy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:skip: Like parents finna pull their children outta schools paying full tuition and giving me a chance in the NFL

They give out the same scholarships everywhere. Their handlers still get paid regardless by the shoe company. The 5 star kids can play anywhere and gain attraction.

Frangala

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Le Grand Congo (Kin)

The question is probability and chances not whether HBCU have representation in elite companies. McKinsey, Boston Consulting Group, Bain (the blue chip and major management consulting companies) literally recruit on Ivy League campuses at both the undergrad and grad level same with the investment banks Goldman Sachs etc... It's easier to get in the door if you went to these schools and trying to get a job at those places.

The same can be apply to Silicon Tech companies out west, Stanford (not Ivy but elite) serves as a feeder school for those companies. I can go on and on. If you want to work at $130k+ private law firms in NYC, Chicago, DC. An Ivy League law degree helps there are occurrences where a law firm for example that wants to get its Black lawyers go to Howard Law (HBCU) that happens no doubt but that Ivy League degree weighs heavily.

That's why admissions into elite institutions and the debates around them are so passionate because parents know that graduating from those schools and the network you gain can set you up for a lifetime. Is it fair to everybody else? No but it is what it is. I could make the argument that an Ivy League degree is so valuable that even mediocre people who went to that school have a shot at the top while everybody else have to be the absolute best.

Harvard, Yale and other Ivy League schools have freaking alumni club in Manhattan as in space where alumni just can come and chill with even spaces and even rooms you can sleep in. This is the type of level these chools are operating in.