“No tangibles, No vote” doesn’t make any sense in the current political landscape.

Everythingg

King-Over-Kingz
Bushed
Daps
I have a problem with anti black racism in general no matter covert or overt

The overall point I was making is that he has a track record of redirecting the conversation whenever the topic is about anti black racism

Here he is redirecting the conversation from the banning of black scholarships

And again when people are talking about anti black scotus rulings
Notice how this poster won't address the fact that the people who control the money supply have more power than the politicians they pay. You think the Supreme Court has more power than these people? You do know that if the Supreme Court ever ruled something that was detrimental to the Reserve they could essentially bankrupt the country in retaliation? Not to mention what their money could do to these judges behind the scenes? Thats the reality of the political system beyond your eagerness to twerk democrats into office. No one can go against the money.

While you're stuck on stupid fixating on right vs left, the wealthy are getting wealthier while gaining a foothold on more and more resources. And you call it a distraction to point this out? You think the fed isn't purposely pushing this to happen?
:mjlol:

He's a distraction
Imagine calling pointing out who runs things in the country a "distraction" over you whining about politicians who answer to the same people.
:snoop::unimpressed:

Unbothered

ELEVATING to HIGHER LEVELS with POSITIVE VIBES ✨
Daps
Reppin
'Cuse, New York
I've always thought the whole “No tangibles, No Vote” perspective was shortsighted and bound to be a failure from the jump, which in the grand scheme it has been. I've done my research and this (ADOS) movement is comprised of just a few thousand, not millions, or let alone hundreds of thousands but just a few so they're not large enough to move the needle in the political landscape.

That's why I don't know why some of you bother engaging with these types of individuals, they're not big enough of a threat to move the needle, just loud and abrasive, particularly online and on social media.

A political candidate can't give or guarantee you any “tangibles” unless they win first so this idea is oxymoronic in itself because you're demanding someone to give you something when they don't even have the power to do that so other than that unless you're a “good faith” believer all a politician can do is just give nonguaranteed lip service until they win.

One thing Black people in the 50s and 60s did better was first voting open-minded candidates into Washington who were willing to listen and then from there, negotiations along with reasonable compromises began which led to the Civil Rights Act, Voting Act, desegregation of schools, etc. If Black people during the Reconstruction era and Jim Crow era had this mindset of sitting on their hands, pouting, who knows where we'd be right now today, you don't get anywhere by not being proactive and involved.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
I've always thought the whole “No tangibles, No Vote” perspective was shortsighted and bound to be a failure from the jump, which in the grand scheme it has been. I've done my research and this (ADOS) movement is comprised of just a few thousand, not millions, or let alone hundreds of thousands but just a few so they're not large enough to move the needle in the political landscape.

That's why I don't know why some of you bother engaging with these types of individuals, they're not big enough of a threat to move the needle, just loud and abrasive, particularly online and on social media.

A political candidate can't give or guarantee you any “tangibles” unless they win first so this idea is oxymoronic in itself because you're demanding someone to give you something when they don't even have the power to do that so other than that unless you're a “good faith” believer all a politician can do is just give nonguaranteed lip service until they win.

One thing Black people in the 50s and 60s did better was first voting open-minded candidates into Washington who were willing to listen and then from there, negotiations along with reasonable compromises began which led to the Civil Rights Act, Voting Act, desegregation of schools, etc. If Black people during the Reconstruction era and Jim Crow era had this mindset of sitting on their hands, pouting, who knows where we'd be right now today, you don't get anywhere by not being proactive and involved.
Many candidates run on implementing certain policies but once they win renege.
No movement starts with hundreds of thousands of followers you got to build toward that. Forget about the possibility of the outcome just plainly do you think African Americans should get reparations?

Kyle C. Barker

Migos VERZUZ Mahalia Jackson
Daps
Notice how this poster won't address the fact that the people who control the money supply have more power than the politicians they pay. You think the Supreme Court has more power than these people? You do know that if the Supreme Court ever ruled something that was detrimental to the Reserve they could essentially bankrupt the country in retaliation? Not to mention what their money could do to these judges behind the scenes? Thats the reality of the political system beyond your eagerness to twerk democrats into office. No one can go against the money.

While you're stuck on stupid fixating on right vs left, the wealthy are getting wealthier while gaining a foothold on more and more resources. And you call it a distraction to point this out? You think the fed isn't purposely pushing this to happen?
:mjlol:

Imagine calling pointing out who runs things in the country a "distraction" over you whining about politicians who answer to the same people.
:snoop::unimpressed:

Yeah I'm not engaging with you lol

Everyone knows about the federal reserve

You on the other hand have Internet brain and can never stay on topic.

Unbothered

Daps
Reppin
'Cuse, New York
Many candidates run on implementing certain policies but once they win renege.
No movement starts with hundreds of thousands of followers you have to build toward that. Forget about the possibility of the outcome just plainly do you think African Americans should get reparations?
That's exactly my point about this whole “no vote for you until given tangibles” because it's idiotic and oxymoronic. A hopeful candidate can't give anything until they're in power so it's nothing more than lip service about what they'd do if elected since there's nothing to give in that stage outside of their word which goes back to my point about the “good faith” perspective being moot.

Of course, movements don't start big but this one has been around for nearly 6 years and has grown stagnantly because any sane-minded Black person with a credible ounce of political knowledge can see that its message is flawed, on top of the movement not exactly galvanizing people.

Yes, just like many Black people. We'd all like to be compensated for our ancestors' blood, sweat, and tears however most people are not going to base their whole political mindframe on one single issue when there are plenty of other important issues that need to be addressed. Most Black people, and generally speaking, just like any person, have other priorities going on in life with their health, education, families, jobs, careers, businesses, etc which can be affected by the wrong types of politicians with agendas. So reparations would be nice at the same time until then life goes on, as there are pressing issues and priorities that can affect and impactful a person's day-to-day.

This idea that Black people can't or shouldn't be knowledgeable, involved, or concerned about the general effects of what particular politicians have on society is ignorant and low-key disrespectful because it implies that every single Black person doesn't have anyone or anything going on in their/our lives worth caring about or protecting as if we all have “nothing to lose”.

Last edited:

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
That's exactly my point about this whole “no vote for you until given tangibles” because it's idiotic and oxymoronic. A hopeful candidate can't give anything until they're in power so it's nothing more than lip service about what they'd do if elected since there's nothing to give in that stage outside of their word which goes back to my point about the “good faith” perspective being moot.

Of course, movements don't start big but this one has been around for nearly 6 years and has grown stagnantly because any sane-minded Black person with a credible ounce of political knowledge can see that its message is flawed, on top of the movement not exactly galvanizing people.

Yes, just like many Black people. We'd all like to be compensated for our ancestors' blood, sweat, and tears however most people are not going to base their whole political mindframe on one single issue when there are plenty of other important issues that need to be addressed. Most Black people, and generally speaking, just like any person, have other priorities going on in life with their health, education, families, jobs, careers, businesses, etc which can be affected by the wrong types of politicians with agendas. So while reparations would be nice at the same time until then life goes on, as there are pressing issues and priorities that can affect an impactful person's day-to-day.

This idea that Black people can't or shouldn't be knowledgeable, involved, or concerned about the general effects of what particular politicians have on society is ignorant and low-key disrespectful because it implies that every single Black person doesn't have anyone or anything going on in their/our lives worth caring about or protecting as if we all have “nothing to lose”.
You forgot no one runs on giving Black people reparations so if no one has that on the platform then you don't get a vote. That's logical right?
If you believe something is just you fight for it regardless of results. When abolishing slavery wasn't gaining traction should abolitionists stop trying to end slavery? Of course not.
No wonder so many Black people don't vote. lol Politics is a rigged game pols use to enrich themselves. Helping people is not the priority, therefore why pay close attention when you can use that attention on something that is more likely to help your life.

RickyDiBiase

The Sword of Jesus of Nazareth
Daps
Reppin
Cbus
You forgot no one runs on giving Black people reparations so if no one has that on the platform then you don't get a vote. That's logical right?
If you believe something is just you fight for it regardless of results. When abolishing slavery wasn't gaining traction should abolitionists stop trying to end slavery? Of course not.
No wonder so many Black people don't vote. lol Politics is a rigged game pols use to enrich themselves. Helping people is not the priority, therefore why pay close attention when you can use that attention on something that is more likely to help your life.

You're just arguing for the sake of arguing

Unbothered

Daps
Reppin
'Cuse, New York

Most Black people, and generally speaking, just like any person, have other priorities going on in life with their health, education, families, jobs, careers, businesses, etc which can be affected by the wrong types of politicians with agendas. So reparations would be nice at the same time until then life goes on, as there are pressing issues and priorities that can affect and impactful a person's day-to-day.
We'd all like to be compensated for our ancestors' blood, sweat, and tears however most people are not going to base their whole political mindframe on one single issue when there are plenty of other important issues that need to be addressed.
I just you the answers as to why that “no vote until given tangibles” logic is flawed 👆🏾 because you're expecting Black people to make one issue the priority and put everything else on the back burner.

You just said “if no one has that on their platform then you don't get a vote”. This was my answer to that “no vote until tangibles” ...unless you and the others on here who sympathize with this “no vote” point of view are satisfied with their “word” which I doubt because it'd be contradicting to the movements views, which further proves why in the grand scheme it is moot.
nothing more than lip service about what they'd do if elected since there's nothing to give in that stage outside of their word

Last edited:

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
a vote for biden might result in:

- a substantial leap forward
- an incremental step forward
- no measurable change to the present condition of black america.

abstaining from voting or casting a ballot for trump might lead to:

- a marked decline in the mobility of black people
- increased persecution by a militarized police force given free rein to harm black people
- a court system filled with judges that will always rule to the detriment of black america.

seems like, if you are a black man or woman concerned with the welfare of our people, it’s a no brainer. i’m off that “no tangibles, no vote” movement. it might have made sense when the republican party was centre right.

but in the face of trump and project 2025, it’s dumb and self-destructive.

:francis:
NO tangibles no vote has never actually made sense. We literally have proof this strategy doesn't work.
Black voters have largely been with holding their vote from republicans for decades. By their logic, republicans should be showering us with tangibles to win our vote back.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
I just you the answers as to why that “no vote until given tangibles” logic is flawed 👆🏾 because you're expecting Black people to make one issue the priority and put everything else on the back burner.

You just said “if no one has that on their platform then you don't get a vote”. This was my answer to that “no vote until tangibles” ...unless you and the others on here who sympathize with this “no vote” point of view are satisfied with their “word” which I doubt because it'd be contradicting to the movements views, which further proves why in the grand scheme it is moot.

Why can't there be a candidate who has that on their platform, wins and actually shows a desire and uses some of their political capital to do while in office and then runs for re-election? They would get the vote.
Many groups have 1 issue that decides their vote. Christians abortion, Palestinians and Jews currently are largely voting on the conflict in the middle east. It's not some far out weird idea. Jews have actually got a lot of political power because of it. We can do something similar.