“No tangibles, No vote” doesn’t make any sense in the current political landscape.

The Dust King

A Childrens Story
Daps
Reppin
the tri-state
Why can't there be a candidate who has that on their platform, wins and actually shows a desire and uses some of their political capital to do while in office and then runs for re-election? They would get the vote.
Many groups have 1 issue that decides their vote. Christians abortion, Palestinians and Jews currently are largely voting on the conflict in the middle east. It's not some far out weird idea. Jews have actually got a lot of political power because of it. We can do something similar.

not sure why you responded to my trump quote with a laugh emoji

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I've always thought the whole “No tangibles, No Vote” perspective was shortsighted and bound to be a failure from the jump, which in the grand scheme it has been. I've done my research and this (ADOS) movement is comprised of just a few thousand, not millions, or let alone hundreds of thousands but just a few so they're not large enough to move the needle in the political landscape.

That's why I don't know why some of you bother engaging with these types of individuals, they're not big enough of a threat to move the needle, just loud and abrasive, particularly online and on social media.

A political candidate can't give or guarantee you any “tangibles” unless they win first so this idea is oxymoronic in itself because you're demanding someone to give you something when they don't even have the power to do that so other than that unless you're a “good faith” believer all a politician can do is just give nonguaranteed lip service until they win.

One thing Black people in the 50s and 60s did better was first voting open-minded candidates into Washington who were willing to listen and then from there, negotiations along with reasonable compromises began which led to the Civil Rights Act, Voting Act, desegregation of schools, etc. If Black people during the Reconstruction era and Jim Crow era had this mindset of sitting on their hands, pouting, who knows where we'd be right now today, you don't get anywhere by not being proactive and involved.

So let me get this right. In your mind,you believe asking for guarantees and lip service, is worst than asking for nothing:patrice:?

Obviously the outcome could be the same where they actually do nothing. But in one instance they are on the record and can be held to task. By not asking for anything,what are you going to hold them accountable for not doing? When you didnt ask for anything?

You all want to make it to where Democrats dont ever have to answer for not following through on anything. This is the real reason that simply asking for an agenda/plan/counter measures scares and upsets yall.

I dont understand how else that simply asking for a black specefic agenda/plan is polarizing.

If they dont want to be on record. I have to assume there is no plan/agenda that they can offer,that they could actually deliver on. Or could even work up the energy to pretend they are working hard on it over the next 4 years. If this is the case,they sound useless to me:respect:

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
NO tangibles no vote has never actually made sense. We literally have proof this strategy doesn't work.
Black voters have largely been with holding their vote from republicans for decades. By their logic, republicans should be showering us with tangibles to win our vote back.
The gaping hole in your logic is that Republicans have never needed the Black vote to win. Democrats do, hence all the pandering and such to get us to vote for them as cheaply as possible.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
The gaping hole in your logic is that Republicans have never needed the Black vote to win. Democrats do, hence all the pandering and such to get us to vote for them as cheaply as possible.
They actually do, (legally at least) they haven't won the popular vote in years, lose overwhelmly at the local levels constantly
They simply resort to shady tactics, like district redlining, election tampering etc instead

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The good Brother Umar is Bothsides.
:wow:

Umar preaching the gosepl as usual.

Ironic if you drop any Umar video you will be bombarded with post demanding answers.

"When is Umar going to do this:damn:?

"When is Umar going to build that:damn:"

"Bu bu bu but 10 years ago Umar promised:damn:"

All these questions for lil ol Dr Umar. But when it comes to the Democratic party,where are all the questions:picard:?

I just see nikkas running interference. At least Umar bought the school and you can see he has laid the foundation . Can you point me the equivelant of Democrats laying a foundation for helping black folks in this country?

Show the Dems the same lack of grace yall give Umar for whats been decades of inaction:respect:?

Voice of Reason

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Last edited:

Voice of Reason

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
White Democrats would rather lose power than give us tangibles. Me personally, imma vote blue, but I can't be mad at someone for not being willing to vote for anti blackness.

This!!!

There is not reason for Biden not to do a reparations commission.

Also he should do something for Tulsa, DEI, and the fearless fund.

We really do have 2 terrible choices.

Voice of Reason

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
what happens to black people when that happens?

those other “allies” will go:

side-eye-monkey.gif

while black people are catching work from trump and his administration.

They are doing that now.

Those allies don't give a damn when they see all the homeless Black(FBA) folks out on the streets.

But I agree with you I am reluctantly voting for Biden.

Trump will try to super charge the prison pipeline.

Voice of Reason

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
:dahell: Migrants is out here raping kids in broad day and police ain't do shyt. We giving them debit cards and got a city full of ppl struggling and homeless.

This is why we can't take yall seriously. You sound crazy. Terrible, terrible logic. Like, I'm actually appalled that this is the argument. And when I say your argument is trash, cuz it is, I'm the one that's gonna be called MAGA. No, it's simply a fact: your argument is trash and WRONG. Who cares about Project 2025 when you can't barely afford to eat and you bout to be homeless? Bc your blue city in a blue state decided that nikkas that aint never put in a dime on taxes and openly flout the law deserve to eat more than you do? Real fukking question. Incredible class privilege, just... wow.

You sound like a MAGA shill.

Yeah immigration is bad BUT Project 2025 would destroy black mobility by banning all diversity initiatives, firing thousands of Black government employees, etc.