No Poison No Paradise - The Official Detroit Lions 2014 Offseason Thread

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
Its not a coincidence that staffords best year came when he had three good wr (cj, burleson, young), two quality te and a rb that could take it to the house at anytime. He has that and more now.

You don't need 4 premium targets but you need more than 1. To me, Tate is ideally a number 3 option. Pettigrew will do what he does best by blocking but teams will still have to account for him as a receiver. Lions could very well have the best and most balanced offense in football next year.

Seahawks defense may be an all time great defense when their done. That is not easy to duplicate. There is no earl thomas in this draft. The chances of drafting multiple players at chancellor or sherman level in later rounds are slim. And the sea are one of the few franchises with a franchise qb without a 100 million dollar contract. Every team circumstance is different. Lions road to success goes through their offense.

And lions might just have best defense in nfc north. Chi, gb, and min were all worse on defenses than lions last year.
You say there are no great secondary prospects in this draft and point to Seattle's secondary. Sherm was a fifth round pick (the Lions pick, I might add :mjpls:), Kam was a fifth rounder, Thomas was 14th overall, but you wanna talk this value shyt. :stopitslime:

Nobody saw it coming but Seattle. They have great talent evaluators, Detroit doesn't. There are always great picks later in drafts and Detroit almost never finds these diamonds in the rough.

djthegreat88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Flint, MI
You got cj who automatically commands a safety then you got Tate with Reggie bush having the ability to go out of the 2back set and flex to the slot. With bell In the backfield and pettigrew or fauria in the middle. You can pick up a good wr in the middle rds.
Like Titus young and RyanBroyles :stopitslime:

My problem is if calvin get hurt the offense will fall apart. Lions needed another primary pass catcher

eastside313

Superstar
Daps
Y'all tryna get me to say defense not important. But...y'all already don't trust this front office talent evaluation you think they will be able to pick 5+ players that won't bust and can transform the defense? Cause that's what it will take. And this is all has to happen in the window while you still have a good qb (in theory) and a game changing wr in their prime.

We don't need to be Seattle, Carolina, etc. The formula to winning changes all the time. Ravens won the Super Bowl with one of their worst defenses in their recent era. And they beat San Fran's big bad defense.

Lions need to be themselves, they just have to excel at it. Then you'll have the league saying "man we need to be like the lions". Discipline and stafford is what determines whether this team wins 7 games or 11 games. And that's with the defense how it is right now, not if they don't add any talent in the second and or third rounds.
It's not about being Seattle or Carolina, it's about having an above average defense. Lol lions have been trying this offense first for 30 years

eastside313

Superstar
Daps
Like Titus young and RyanBroyles :stopitslime:

My problem is if calvin get hurt the offense will fall apart. Lions needed another primary pass catcher
That was the 2nd rd and Mayhew shoulda been fired for taking them. But as you say Mayhew takes the bpa right.

eastside313

Superstar
Daps
Its not a coincidence that staffords best year came when he had three good wr (cj, burleson, young), two quality te (pettigre, scheffler) and a rb (Best) that could take it to the house at anytime. He has that and more now.

You don't need 4 premium targets but you need more than 1. To me, Tate is ideally a number 3 option. Pettigrew will do what he does best by blocking but teams will still have to account for him as a receiver. Lions could very well have the best and most balanced offense in football next year.

Seahawks defense may be an all time great defense when their done. That is not easy to duplicate. There is no earl thomas in this draft. The chances of drafting multiple players at chancellor or sherman level in later rounds are slim. And the sea are one of the few franchises with a franchise qb without a 100 million dollar contract. Every team circumstance is different. Lions road to success goes through their offense.

And lions might just have best defense in nfc north. Chi, gb, and min were all worse on defenses than lions last year.
The difference is those teams all went into the offseason with defense as their priority. But the lions said hey lets get matty more toys.

djthegreat88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Flint, MI
You say there are no great secondary prospects in this draft and point to Seattle's secondary. Sherm was a fifth round pick (the Lions pick, I might add :mjpls:), Kam was a fifth rounder, Thomas was 14th overall, but you wanna talk this value shyt. :stopitslime:

Nobody saw it coming but Seattle. They have great talent evaluators, Detroit doesn't. There are always great picks later in drafts and Detroit almost never finds these diamonds in the rough.
Chances of finding a Sherman or chancellor are near slim to none. That is why that team is special, a group of elite players who were hungry and all happen to be on their first contracts. Thomas was always considered an elite prospect. Haha, pryor couldn't hold Thomas jock. That blend of youth and talent is rare to have on any nfl team. If you want a Seattle style cb, two big cbs mcgill and baptiste should be there in the second round.

eastside313

Superstar
Daps
@Regular_P highest tight end drafted since

7645914.jpg
:lolbron:

Detroit

Rookie
Daps
Eric Ebron is the great lightskin hope

I have no prob with the pickup besides him doing that simp ass proposal a day before the draft

U about to get unlimited poon from the finest Southfield thots and u get married? Hope she doesn't mind being cheated on

Detroit

Rookie
Daps
My high hopes for pettigrew up and vanished like a fart in the wind