No Poison No Paradise - The Official Detroit Lions 2014 Offseason Thread

eastside313

Superstar
Daps
This is so wrong. This guy has long arms. Before the combine people where saying he was the strongest Center they have seen. Watch his tape he blows people off the line.

Bret Bielema LOVES him, said this verbatim. "He is an incredible football mind...His best football game is ahead of him...I've had 2 guys go in the first rounds, Frederick and Peter Konz, Travis (Swanson) from a football perceptive brings more to the table."

Thats really high praise. Also this guy has great football mind. He was part of a terrible team that ran behind him and only allowed .67 sacks per game in the SEC and ark always ran behind him and has started every game since a true freshman I promise you this guy will be a starter for a decade. I feel the sameway about this pick as I did Warford last year "almost' I thought Warford was better then Warmack.
Travis Swanson NFL Draft 2014: Highlights, Scouting Report for Lions C | Bleacher Report

I wasn't referring to his size, his negatives sound just like riolas
And he only hit the 220 20 times.
I can hit it 13 times :sas2:

They called homie pear shaped:deadmanny: Wtf is pear shaped

I would feel better about the pick if they woulda took a safety in rd 1. I've been leading the get rid of riola train since M***en was here(I'm not even gonna make y'all sick to the stomach by typing his name out)
But with the emergence of Larry warford to play next to him riola actually played well:whoo: Warford can extend his career a few more years so a backup olineman over defensive backs that they sorely need. I feel like in the first 3 rounds the lions have taken 2 luxury picks over needs.

Knights89

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
5th round pick, Larry Webster

Webster measured in at 6-foot-6, 252 pounds at the scouting combine, where he ran a 4.58-second 40-yard dash, the second fastest among defensive ends behind only No.1 overall choice Jadeveon Clowney.

:ld:hopefully he can be a player in a couple of seasons and work with Ziggy, and Taylor

Knights89

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
said in the main thread that I wouldnt mind seeing Gallon in the sixth if he is there

irishfury

Get Money Gang
Daps
Travis Swanson NFL Draft 2014: Highlights, Scouting Report for Lions C | Bleacher Report

I wasn't referring to his size, his negatives sound just like riolas
And he only hit the 220 20 times.
I can hit it 13 times :sas2:

They called homie pear shaped:deadmanny: Wtf is pear shaped

I would feel better about the pick if they woulda took a safety in rd 1. I've been leading the get rid of riola train since M***en was here(I'm not even gonna make y'all sick to the stomach by typing his name out)
But with the emergence of Larry warford to play next to him riola actually played well:whoo: Warford can extend his career a few more years so a backup olineman over defensive backs that they sorely need. I feel like in the first 3 rounds the lions have taken 2 luxury picks over needs.

I'm telling you man this guy is a ten year starter. I had this guy top rated center. I also had Warford rated higher then cooper and warmack last year.

eastside313

Superstar
Daps
Welp gentlemen the lions ignored their biggest need once again :stopitslime:

Ebron is a good prosect but taking a tight end In the top 10 he better be special and not a contributor to help get Calvin open. He needs to be top 3 in the league and that was a luxury pick. Pass rush is sorely needed and van noy needs to help immediately, hopefully this is the first time Mayhew hits on a 2nd rd trade up. Took a center in Swanson who will be a backup this year. There was still some quality db on the board at that point. Everybody picked after that is just a crap shoot and projects.

IMO it's been a :ld: offseason and you can thank suh for that by not getting a new contract.

MercuryHayes

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Stationed in Antarctica, Coldest Niggga Alive
Lions been drafting DB's for years now w same results. Lions fans wanted Janoris Jenkins and he sucks too.

It's really a crapshoot and saying there were quality dbs on the board really means nothing. There always are quality dbs on the board rds 1-3 and they do nothing or minimal when they come to Detroit.

Edit: I have no rhyme or reason for saying this but Slay will have a good year this year.

Last edited:

FaygoMI

All Star
Daps
I can understand being upset about the first pick. But the way the draft fell what did you want them to do? All the players they wanted were gone. Donald would have messed up the locker room. And safety or cb would have been a reach. No trade down was there (evident by no one trading up until pick 20). You could make a case for Lewan and Donald.... everyone else was a reach at 10.

If the new coaches need Ebron to get the most out of their offense than so be it.

They were never taking a safety this year after signing James insdabhapgdfasubv; (whatever his name is) When a free agent follows a coach that guy is playing.

The rest of the draft was fine. How many of us mocked Swanson and Van Noy to the Lions? I feel like they got who most of us wanted. They were never taking a non elite corner high. I believe in all of them on the roster except for Houston and Bentley. Washburn can turn Webster into a player because that's what Washburn does. Reid was a 3rd round talent and Jones was a 3rd or 4th round talent.

At least these bum as Leos are now taking players that fall instead of reaching for players who never would have been drafted.

We got fukked raw by the first 9 picks..... the rest of the draft you should have no problem with.

Hell these bums even traded back in the 5th just to get a 7th to make sure they got the kicker they needed!?!?!?!

Seems like they know what they are doing now.

If they pay Suh so be it, if he leaves that opens 20+ million to go on a spending spree. They could fit about 5-6 above average players with that 20 million.

eastside313

Superstar
Daps
I can understand being upset about the first pick. But the way the draft fell what did you want them to do? All the players they wanted were gone. Donald would have messed up the locker room. And safety or cb would have been a reach. No trade down was there (evident by no one trading up until pick 20). You could make a case for Lewan and Donald.... everyone else was a reach at 10.
That whole a reach at 10 is poppycock. Why is it a reach because Mel kipper said it?

If the new coaches need Ebron to get the most out of their offense than so be it.

They were never taking a safety this year after signing James insdabhapgdfasubv; (whatever his name is) When a free agent follows a coach that guy is playing.
He is a career backup who had a good year on the worst ravens team in recent memory. He followed the coach because nobody else wanted him, hopefully he can play well again.
The rest of the draft was fine. How many of us mocked Swanson and Van Noy to the Lions? I feel like they got who most of us wanted. They were never taking a non elite corner high. I believe in all of them on the roster except for Houston and Bentley.
I think safety help was more important, but then they announced that Houston is still hurt and may need surgery then corner became a need. Mathis played ok but he's a old player who couldn't get a sniff in free agency so he came back to detroit. If they end up with Houston out and Mathis being finished the corners are gonna be ugly
Washburn can turn Webster into a player because that's what Washburn does.
How many projects has he turned into players?

Reid was a 3rd round talent and Jones was a 3rd or 4th round talent.
3rd rd talent don't fall until the 5th and 6th unless their are red flags

At least these bum as Leos are now taking players that fall instead of reaching for players who never would have been drafted.
Well actually Webster and Reid had 6-7th rd grades. They picked Reid because all the corners went off the board after they picked Swanson.
We got fukked raw by the first 9 picks..... the rest of the draft you should have no problem with.

Hell these bums even traded back in the 5th just to get a 7th to make sure they got the kicker they needed!?!?!?!

Seems like they know what they are doing now.

If they pay Suh so be it, if he leaves that opens 20+ million to go on a spending spree. They could fit about 5-6 above average players with that 20 million.

Just wanna have a little dialogue about the draft

eastside313

Superstar
Daps
Lions been drafting DB's for years now w same results. Lions fans wanted Janoris Jenkins and he sucks too.

It's really a crapshoot and saying there were quality dbs on the board really means nothing. There are always are quality dbs on the board rds 1-3 and they do nothing or minimal when they come to Detroit.

Edit: I have no rhyme or reason for saying this but Slay will have a good year this year.
They shouldn't have all their eggs in the basket of that safety from the ravens.

I hope slay and greenwood can step up. That would be a nice combo