No Poison No Paradise - The Official Detroit Lions 2014 Offseason Thread

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
Problem wasn't the receivers it was the qb.

Biggest need on this team is pass rush and safety.

We're in agreement with that, but they locked into Stafford for the long haul, so they gotta put resources there. It is what it is.

I dunno how they're gonna put much more money into the D-line though. Suh's already on a massive contract. They'll probably try to re-sign that fat fukk Fairley, even though I'd rather they try to trade him. Just drafted Ansah. At some point, guys gotta produce some sacks or :camby:

Lions either led or were close to leading the league in dropped passes. Lost a couple of games because of it :yeshrug: Stafford has issues for sure but that's not the entire story

This is also true and I read that Tate has 7 drops in 4 seasons. I'm sure once he puts on that Lions jersey though he'll have 7 this year alone. :beli:

eastside313

Superstar
Daps
We're in agreement with that, but they locked into Stafford for the long haul, so they gotta put resources there. It is what it is.

I dunno how they're gonna put much more money into the D-line though. Suh's already on a massive contract. They'll probably try to re-sign that fat fukk Fairley, even though I'd rather they try to trade him. Just drafted Ansah. At some point, guys gotta produce some sacks or :camby:

This is also true and I read that Tate has 7 drops in 4 seasons. I'm sure once he puts on that Lions jersey though he'll have 7 this year alone. :beli:
AnsAh played well when healthy. If they resign suh noway they can sign fairley too.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
AnsAh played well when healthy. If they resign suh noway they can sign fairley too.
I'm not a fan of Fairley. I know he has some value. I'd trade him for an extra pick in this draft. Too hot and cold for me and he's never in shape. He's a less reliable Shaun Rogers in my eyes.

eastside313

Superstar
Daps
Ndamukong Suh, Detroit Lions 'really haven't been negotiating now,' says Joique Bell
When news of Joique Bell’s new contract spread Tuesday, the Detroit Lions running back started receiving congratulatory phone calls from his teammates.

Running back Steven Miller was first to call, after seeing the news on his phone, then Reggie Bush, then Ndamukong Suh.

While Bell got his deal done before the start of free agency Tuesday, Suh and the Lions are still in the infant stages of discussions that could last into the summer or beyond.

The Lions were hoping to sign Suh to a long-term extension by Tuesday, but Suh went more than a month without an agent, putting talks on hold and leaving the team with less salary cap space than it hoped to take into the market.

“I talked to Suh, and he said, actually, they’re not in — he said they really haven’t been negotiating now,” Bell said today, at the news conference to announce his new deal. “He said his focus is just coming in next season, and like I said, it’s easy for us just to be the players. That’s why we hire our agents to worry about that type of stuff.”

Suh currently has the second-biggest cap number for 2014 in the NFL, at $22.4 million.

His rookie contract voids next February, and the Lions would like to sign him to a long-term deal, both to keep him in Detroit for the foreseeable future and to make his cap number more manageable going forward.

If Suh does not get a deal done before next February and opts to become a free agent, the Lions could use the franchise tag, at nearly $27 million, to keep him off the market. (The Lions also would have another $9.7-million cap charge for previous bonus prorations.)

Bell’s three-year deal was far less complicated. The Lions tendered him at a second-round level Tuesday, for $2.187 million, and his three-year deal is worth $9.3 million total, including $4.3 million guaranteed.

Bell said he doesn’t know “anything” about Suh’s deal but said he was happy to hear from Suh and other teammates like Miller, Bush and Stephen Tulloch on Tuesday.

“Everybody just called me and was so happy for me and just said it’s good to get a deal and have your peers call you and say they know how hard you worked,” Bell said. “And these are guys that I see in here all the time and that work extremely hard, and for them to say, ‘We see your dedication, we see your sacrifices, you’re reaping what you sow, and we’re happy for you.’ So when you have that kind of respect from your teammates, it goes a long way.”

Contact Dave Birkett: dbirkett@freepress.com. Follow him on Twitter @davebirkett.

Suh still not negotiating. If your a captain on your team and plan to be there for the long haul you get the deal done so the team can sign some free agents.

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
Lions either led or were close to leading the league in dropped passes. Lost a couple of games because of it :yeshrug: Stafford has issues for sure but that's not the entire story

The trajectory of those passes have something to do with it. Sidearming vs regular throws comes in at different arcs and when they are coming it at 85mph+, there is little margin of error

Knights89

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You mean to tell me Xanders da Gawd couldn't get Suh to the table :jawalrus:

Now, I didn't believe Suh was acting a fool in meetings, coming late..and harassing teammates lol but damn. Homeboy straight bullying Mayhew or whomever in charge. "I negotiate when I'm good and damn ready..":dead:

eastside313

Superstar
Daps
You mean to tell me Xanders da Gawd couldn't get Suh to the table :jawalrus:

Now, I didn't believe Suh was acting a fool in meetings, coming late..and harassing teammates lol but damn. Homeboy straight bullying Mayhew or whomever in charge. "I negotiate when I'm good and damn ready..":dead:
Lol suh made Jeff backus retire. Backus was like I'm too old for this shyt:pachaha:

djthegreat88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Flint, MI
I think you guys kinda overpaid for tate :manny:
6 mill a year for a #2 wr aint horrible. and only 13 mil is guaranteed. With megatron on field, all tate has to do is beat one on one coverage. and Lions dont have the best history with drafting wrs outside of cj.

FaygoMI

All Star
Daps
Watch them still draft Evans. The draft will be wild, teams need qbs and the tackles are better than the 3 last year. All we can do is wait and see but trading down and getting an extra 2nd would be great.

Maybe Frisco gives us 6 picks to move up and get Evans. .....

irishfury

Get Money Gang
Daps
I think you guys kinda overpaid for tate :manny:

You clearly don't understand football cap. He counts less then 4 million dollars against the cap this season. 5 Million signing bonus - 1 million per year. He contract is back loaded just so his agent can toot his own horn.

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
You clearly don't understand football cap. He counts less then 4 million dollars against the cap this season. 5 Million signing bonus - 1 million per year. He contract is back loaded just so his agent can toot his own horn.
I understand football cap just fine.
I dont care what the cap hit is- the total salary is 6m per with 13 guaranteed over 4 years- overpaid in my book for a WR that is not even a real WR2
:manny: thats all. Id rather hags kept him for this kind of guap

irishfury

Get Money Gang
Daps
I understand football cap just fine.
I dont care what the cap hit is- the total salary is 6m per with 13 guaranteed over 4 years- overpaid in my book for a WR that is not even a real WR2
:manny: thats all. Id rather hags kept him for this kind of guap

lol your wrong he way cheaper then Bureleson as well.