No one will EVER have or had a run like Ice Cube, that's why he will ALWAYS be the GOAT

mundL

Rookie
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
College Dropout
Late Registration
Graduation
808s & Heartbreak
MBDTF
WTT
Yeezus

DaveyDave

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Australia
NWA & The Posse is mostly wack.

Westside Connection is wack

Lethal Injection is wild aiight
Predator is 4 mics.

now,

36 Chambers
6 Feet Deep
Tical
ODB
Cuban Linx
Liquid Swords
Ironman
Wu Tang Forever.

THAT is a run.
yeah but that's 8-10 MC's not one. if say Ghostface or Mef had a run like Cube with 36 Chambers, Tical, 2000, and 4 or 5 more albums on that level then you would have a good comparison

Daps
Reppin
The Last of the Outlaws
LOL @ anyone thinking that Cube is ass. Cube's subject matter shyts a lot of these street rappers and his singles alone are musically better than anyone can put together.

I wonder if some folks are old enough to grasp half the shyt he touched on in its proper context, some of that shyt was stuff you just didn't say back then, up until maybe 1995 dude was the most feared emcee on the planet, he was dissing current presidents, Jewish people, interracial relationships, pretty much everyone/everything he had issue with with zero fear of repercussions. Half the shyt he said on No Vaseline alone would have him on the outside of the industry looking in immediately right now.

-P-

Prae

Pro
Daps
I didn't grow up in that area, but I've never really been able to get into his music - probably need to give him another chance (although It Was a Good Day is dope).

But going back and listening to him now, it's hard for me to take him seriously after doing those kid movies.

And my opinion isn't really relevant since as I said I haven't really gotten into Cube/didn't grow up listening to him, but Pac might be a contender with 11 solid albums.

Last edited:

Big Mel

@bigboss
Daps
Reppin
Flodge free zone
yeah but that's 8-10 MC's not one. if say Ghostface or Mef had a run like Cube with 36 Chambers, Tical, 2000, and 4 or 5 more albums on that level then you would have a good comparison

Well then exclude NWA from cube. You can leave that trash WC album in because no one with any actual sense thinks much of that record.

the rhyme king

truth.com
Daps
Reppin
i refuse to conform
I wonder if some folks are old enough to grasp half the shyt he touched on in its proper context, some of that shyt was stuff you just didn't say back then, up until maybe 1995 dude was the most feared emcee on the planet, he was dissing current presidents, Jewish people, interracial relationships, pretty much everyone/everything he had issue with with zero fear of repercussions. Half the shyt he said on No Vaseline alone would have him on the outside of the industry looking in immediately right now.

-P-

yeah content wise cube had alot to offer that is why i considered him one of the coldest lyricist ever but i still can't put him up there with g rap pun nas eminem pac common sense krs-one etc

mundL

Rookie
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
kanye only got three classics imo cd lr and grad
but lyrically cube is better
some albums took a few listens but I love all of them, MBDTF being my absolute favorite

He has the best discography in rap

Daps
Reppin
The Last of the Outlaws
yeah content wise cube had alot to offer that is why i considered him one of the coldest lyricist ever but i still can't put him up there with g rap pun nas eminem pac common sense krs-one etc

as a "lyricist" sure I can ride with your line of thinking. Cube's strength was never in how fancy his lyrics were, his actual written down lyrics are basic for the most part. .. .it's WHAT he said, and HOW he said it. You knew he meant what he was saying no matter what the subject was. That's what separates him as an emcee IMO

-P-

DaveyDave

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Australia
Well then exclude NWA from cube. You can leave that trash WC album in because no one with any actual sense thinks much of that record.
i included 36 Chambers in there but my point is not to add in the other solo albums from other members against JUST Ice Cube. can you put Eazy-Duz-It, The Chronic & KIzz My Black Azz in for Cube? they were all a part of NWA. of course i know it's completely different just making the point

Last edited:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
eminem

slim shady ep
slim shady lp
marshall mathers lp
devils night
eminem show

stopposting_zps4c10da29.gif

Fred.

Big Mel

@bigboss
Daps
Reppin
Flodge free zone
i included 36 Chambers in there but my point is not to add in the other solo albums from other members against JUST Ice Cube. can you put Shadiest One, Based On A True Story, Eazy-Duz-It, The Chronic & KIzz My Black Azz in for Cube? they were all a part of NWA. of course i know it's completely different just making the point

WC=Westside Connection

Here's Cube's solo career in a real sense

AMW = Super, genre defining classic

Kill At Will = Great EP. Classic.

Death Certificate. Possibly his best work. Super classic

then the biting begins

Predator. Dope album. Not even close to classic. Some great songs but B Real & Das Efx influence steal his thunder. I actually prefer Da Lench Mob album to this one.

Lethal Injection. Good enough given he'd been replaced by Snoop as the hottest west coast act. Never ever play it though.

everything after that is absolute trash.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps

-P-

Yep, plus he rolled with the NOI, Public Enemy, and he was Black Power 100% through and through. What commercial rappers these days will stand for anything outside of materialism, simping hoes, and glorifying ignorance nowadays?