No one was more dominant than Peak Shaq

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
I don’t even need to address this because it’s not an answer to my question I asked to the person I quoted.

But since you’re bringing up competition at the position like other people are doing in here with Jordan, Shaq and Wilt, I’ll repeat the question.

What prominent wings was Lebron dominating since you want to use that angle?
What do you mean by "dominate"?

Are you talking about sheer domination and embarrassment of an opponent like Damian Lillard vs. Russell Westbrook or Hakeem Olajuwon vs. David Robinson?

Sterling Archer

Spider Mane
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago

Are you talking about sheer domination and embarrassment of an opponent like Damian Lillard vs. Russell Westbrook or Hakeem Olajuwon vs. David Robinson?
You’d have to ask the guy I quoted what metrics he’s using. I don’t know. That’s why I’m waiting on him to reply and not everyone else trying to speak his mind for him. For all I know, I could agree. But I’d need him to tell how he rationalized it. I’m not going to assume his process myself.

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
put damn near any of the top 20 players in that conference they would dominate in a similar way.
Absolutely not. First of all they would have to be healthy year in and year out just to match the streak which disqualifies most.

Secondly they would have to match some of his All-Time performances particularly in back against the wall situations. Not all those series were easy and some became more difficult because of things like injuries that required a second gear from LeBron.

I could see some other guys struggling against some of the quality of defenses LeBron faced and being upset in some of these years.

intruder

SOHH Class of 2003 and CASUAL sports fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
22dc23f681c622da6b9fc8c33f14b906.gif

Have these younger generation of basketball fans ever gotten to experience this? Or was Shaq the last to shatter backboards/destroy basket supports? :jbhmm:

I must say seeing that shyt when it happened was almost scary. I wanna say he damaged or brought down 4 or 5 backboards in his first 2+ years. The NBA of course implemented the no hanging on the basket rule unless you have players immediately below you. They also reinforced the supports on the back of the baskets

Edit: Wait... didnt Andrew Bynum or Boogie Cousins break one too?

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hometown of Cherokee at Law

He hasn't watched the NBA for 20 years and has literacy issues apparently so don't bother

Erratic415

Superstar
Daps
Have these younger generation of basketball fans ever gotten to experience this? Or was Shaq the last to shatter backboards/destroy basket supports? :jbhmm:

I must say seeing that shyt when it happened was almost scary. I wanna say he damaged or brought down 4 or 5 backboards in his first 2+ years. The NBA of course implemented the no hanging on the basket rule unless you have players immediately below you. They also reinforced the supports on the back of the baskets

Edit: Wait... didnt Andrew Bynum or Boogie Cousins break one too?

There may have been others but I can’t remember right now. I know there were some college players who broke backboards after Shaq.

Big Country Reeves broke one in college.

Darvin Ham in 96’

ghows-TX-8195745c-4e90-052b-e053-0100007f4314-87d457be.jpeg

ExU4IUNWgAMb8wB

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Shaq was not more dominant than LeBron peak-for-peak, and I have good cause to doubt he was more dominant than Mike, Kareem, or Wilt peak-for-peak, but I didnt see those guys to feel 100% confident in my assessment. I saw him and LeBron, get outta here...

I can definitely question whether he was more dominant than Giannis too...

Calling Shaq the most dominant player ever was a branding and marketing mantra that worked for both him and the NBA at large, but was never true. The only way that could be phrased to be true is you could say he was the most dominant player in The League at his peak...

That other shyt is bull...

Say what? Shaq decimated teams in his NBA Finals run...wake up...