No Man's Sky (PC, Xbox One, Switch, PS4, PS VR2)

Chris Cool

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal
how much do you think you'll get on a trade... cause i'm willing to buy it off you now and save you the trouble of waiting
Naw i gotta give the shyt a fair shot. My initial reaction is it's boring but I've only played the shyt like 2 hours. I doubt it but it's possible I'll change my mind in these next 2 weeks.

Cladyclad

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit Lions, Michigan Wolverines & LWO
nikka. I don't give a single fukk about no damn video game, I'm from East Warren and Chalmers my nikka, I get money and fukk bytches. I just call nikkas out when they say dumb shyt, mostly bout sports and music, but I decided to grab this shyt cause I fukks with astronomy. U said some dumbass shyt homie. It's all good, we all say dumb shyt from time to time, if u can't see just how dumb what u said was, I can't help u out fam :yeshrug:
:salute:

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
You mean like being a game where you can get into a space ship, land on pretty much any planet or other space station, and do whatever? You talking like I'm comparing it to 2k or mario kart

Literally everyone compares this game with star citizen and elite dangerous. Gamespot even has a old ass video on it

Elite Dangerous is pretty different. and if you think No Man's Sky is boring, you'd probably fall asleep playing Elite Dangerous. there's a reason people call it "Euro Truck Sim in space". it's a dope game IMO, but it's mostly about going from here to there using a rather tedious 'warp drive' system

Star Citizen also leans more towards the sim side, and it remains to be seen how it will be if and when it gets released. I am a backer

House of the Dying Sun is another cool spaceship game, that's more arcady, and focuses on short combat missions. shyt is awesome in VR :ahh:

but the focus of all those games is flying a spaceship. in No Man's Sky your ship is more of a means to get to the next planet, where you don't have to worry about your azimuth, approach vector, etc.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
nikka. I don't give a single fukk about no damn video game, I'm from East Warren and Chalmers my nikka, I get money and fukk bytches. I just call nikkas out when they say dumb shyt, mostly bout sports and music, but I decided to grab this shyt cause I fukks with astronomy. U said some dumbass shyt homie. It's all good, we all say dumb shyt from time to time, if u can't see just how dumb what u said was, I can't help u out fam :yeshrug:
:dead::laff:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Reading some early impressions and

:martin: what's with Indy devs and survival games?

Seems like there's only 3 Indy genres these days. Survival/crafting, 2d side scroller, and walking simulator.

No matter what they tell you leading up to the game, it will fall into one of those genres.:smh:

I'm ok with the world being fairly empty, they said that from the jump. I'm not ok with the endless monotony of searching for zinc and micromanaging a bookbag:stopitslime:

I just want to hop in my ship and go.

The devs did this same bait and switch with We Happy Few. All the trailers leading up to the game and even he opening scene, seem like a bio shock, type story based game. When you finally get control its just another damn survival game about tryin to gather resources and eat so you don't die.:martin:

I think the indie buble may burst soon. All the talk of creativity and innovation can stop now. These shyts are becoming just as overhyped and underdelivered as a lot of AAA games:camby:

Data-Hawk

I have no strings on me.
Daps
Reppin
Oasis
Hype is the worst lol

Reading comments about this, you see people who wanted it to be the most revolutionary game ever... Or people looking for every excuse imaginable to trash it....

When it actuality, it's a creative idea that's lacking in depth and will prolly make fans of Minecraft, Terraria, Starbound and Stardew Valley very happy

This was never supposed to be open world Halo....

Yeah. I already said there was no way it could ever live up to the hype. I don't think it should of been $59.99 though.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Are there at least enemies in this game??? Dogfights??? :patrice:
Might as well answer with no and no.
This isn't an action game by any definition.
Its an exploration/survival game, with more emphasis on the survival as the exploration they describe consists of going from planet to planet just to look at different variations of the same animal types and the different atmospheric conditions of each planet.
You aren't going to be upgrading your weapons to fight some leveled up enemies or take your ship on a star wars style dog fight.
The game's selling point from the beginning was its scale, not its actual game play content.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Hype is the worst lol

Reading comments about this, you see people who wanted it to be the most revolutionary game ever... Or people looking for every excuse imaginable to trash it....

When it actuality, it's a creative idea that's lacking in depth and will prolly make fans of Minecraft, Terraria, Starbound and Stardew Valley very happy

This was never supposed to be open world Halo....
Im a fan of minecraft and sunk endless hours into it and Im still on the fence about this game.
As far as comparing it to minecraft, it would be in respect to neither of them having any story or particular goal/reward in doing anything specific.
At least in Minecraft you not only have the ability to explore a procedural generated planet and survive, you can play online with others and build anything you can imagine.
The game shines when people find different ways to create things you didn't think were possible.
Im not saying no man's sky has to have any of these things, just pointing out that it isn't much like minecraft outside of the fact that you essentially wander around aimlessly, which for me, isn't enough to get excited about.
I want to check the game out for myself, but can't justify dropping $60 on it at the moment.
It seems like it would be an incredible experience in VR though.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
[Update] Hello Games Responds To Two No Man's Sky Players Attempting To Find Each Other

nomanssky1208-610.jpg

Latest: We now have a slightly better idea of whether players should be able to meet.

Original story posted August 09, 2016 at 05:53 PM

“Is No Man’s Sky a multiplayer game?” That’s the question that gamers have been asking for months. It’s also one they haven’t quite gotten the answer to, at least not clearly.

For all intents and purposes, No Man’s Sky isn’t multiplayer, at least not how we typically think of it. You won’t be setting waypoints, joining lobbies, or cruising the galaxy with a group of your friends.

Hello Games’ vast universe is a lonely one, and the chance of encountering another player at the same time on one of the quintillions of planets is infinitesimal. It happened today. Sort of.

Two players named Thesadcactus and Psytokat somehow realized they were in the same solar system. The two ended up communicating via PSN and made it to the exact same spot, a small building.

firstcontact.png

The only problem is that they couldn’t see each other. The day-night cycles seemed to be different. And at this point, we still don’t know if this is a factor of the servers getting absolutely crushed by day-one traffic (per Hello Games’ Sean Murray on Twitter) or if the only way we’ll “see” one another in this vast universe is through our footsteps.

The two have taken a break and will regroup later. Perhaps then, we’ll know definitively if No Man’s Sky encounters with other players are even possible.

We’ve reached out to Hello Games and Sony for any clear guidance we might be able to get. We’ll update as we learn more.

Update: Hello Games founder Sean Murray has responded (though still a bit vaguely) about players attempting to encounter one another in No Man's Sky. Based on the following string of tweets, it seems that Psytokat and Thesadcactus would have been able to see each other if not for immense day-one traffic hitting the servers. Here's what Murray had to say:

Sean Murray @NoMansSky
Two players finding each other on a stream in the first day - that has blown my mind

Sean Murray @NoMansSky
We added a 'scan for other players' in the Galactic Map to try to encourage this happening. We wanted it to happen - but the first day?
Sean Murray @NoMansSky
We want people to be aware they are in a shared universe. We added online features, and some Easter Eggs to create cool moments

Sean Murray @NoMansSky
We hope to see those happening... but too many of you are playing right now. More than we could have predicted

Sean Murray @NoMansSky
It is a testament to how amazing our network coders are that Discoveries are still working at all.

Sean Murray @NoMansSky
For instance over night we hit 10 million species discovered in NMS... that's more than has been discovered on earth.
WHAT IS GOING ON!!!