No Man's Sky (PC, Xbox One, Switch, PS4, PS VR2)

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
So the multiplayer talk has pretty much been confirmed to be 100% false. You won't find anyone no matter what, regardless how big the universe is it seems they made it that if you go to the same spot as someone else you wont even see them, and the conditions of the planet will look completely different for each player.
It kind of confirms my gut feeling that the game only requires an online connection to handle the infinite creation of random planets and animals.It has nothing to do with the ability to find other people.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
But Sean Murray just said players are in a shared universe and that they added a feature so they can find each other easier:jbhmm:

Is it oochie wally or is it one mic?
He didn't specify what he meant by "FIND". Apparently all you can do is see that a person is in the same universe as you are.
Its essential like...let me put it to you like this... you know how when you play Skyrim, you can go to your friends list and see that they're playing Skyrim too?
Well its kind of like that.

Winston

All Star
Supporter
Daps
He didn't specify what he meant by "FIND". Apparently all you can do is see that a person is in the same universe as you are.
Its essential like...let me put it to you like this... you know how when you play Skyrim, you can go to your friends list and see that they're playing Skyrim too?
Well its kind of like that.
So basically it tells you where people are in their own world. Pointless:snoop:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Crazy thing is it's always been advertised as the other way.
It never changed. :mjlol:
That's kinda not true.

When it was first announced yes.

But as time went on and they decided to charge $60 for it they started talking like there would be a lot more to it. Talking about NPCs, space police, big surprises/events, multiplayer encounters, etc.

They never made it sound like an action game, but they damn sure never made it sound like a survival backpack managing sim:beli:

Leasy

Let's add some Alizarin Crimson & Van Dyke Brown
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
So the multiplayer talk has pretty much been confirmed to be 100% false. You won't find anyone no matter what, regardless how big the universe is it seems they made it that if you go to the same spot as someone else you wont even see them, and the conditions of the planet will look completely different for each player.
It kind of confirms my gut feeling that the game only requires an online connection to handle the infinite creation of random planets and animals.It has nothing to do with the ability to find other people.

:what: I am not buying this shyt now. Sony and PC can keep that shyt.