No Man's Sky (PC, Xbox One, Switch, PS4, PS VR2)

Tetris v2.0

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I feel bad for Sean Murray. On one hand, he wasn't very clear about the game... But on the other, the game was hyped to death to the point where it would be impossible to deliver.

The price point, the insane hype, the constant delays and ambiguity kinda killed this game before it even dropped

It's a fun game. Nothing crazy. 7-8 on 10 so far. It'll probably get copied and cloned ad nauseum in the coming years

Tetris v2.0

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Hype is the worst lol

Reading comments about this, you see people who wanted it to be the most revolutionary game ever... Or people looking for every excuse imaginable to trash it....

When it actuality, it's a creative idea that's lacking in depth and will prolly make fans of Minecraft, Terraria, Starbound and Stardew Valley very happy

This was never supposed to be open world Halo....

Leasy

Let's add some Alizarin Crimson & Van Dyke Brown
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
I feel bad for Sean Murray. On one hand, he wasn't very clear about the game... But on the other, the game was hyped to death to the point where it would be impossible to deliver.

The price point, the insane hype, the constant delays and ambiguity kinda killed this game before it even dropped

It's a fun game. Nothing crazy. 7-8 on 10 so far. It'll probably get copied and cloned ad nauseum in the coming years

It's was hype because major players put money behind it like Sony

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Hype is the worst lol

Reading comments about this, you see people who wanted it to be the most revolutionary game ever... Or people looking for every excuse imaginable to trash it....

When it actuality, it's a creative idea that's lacking in depth and will prolly make fans of Minecraft, Terraria, Starbound and Stardew Valley very happy

This was never supposed to be open world Halo....

If this was a FPS Starbound this game would be amazing, but that's not what this is. :francis:

If you did more with the materials that you collect then the game would've been much better. Hell, they could've just made better aliens and the game would've been dope. Different types of aliens that can be humanoid, like even tribal aliens that you could either befriend and help or kill them off for resources, or intelligent alien settlements (full ones) that you can trade with or they could try to wipe you out for your resources. That easily would've made for a better game rather than just discovering things, collecting items to keep exploring, and farming items to sell at space stations for more inventory space.

As funny as it is, the developer's vision for the game was short-sighted.

Behind-the-wheel

Living dead
Daps
Reppin
Death
My argument is not how fun it is or how good the game is or how fun what you're doing is.

My point is at what point did they indicate it'd be more than what it is?

It always looked like quintillion planets with a bunch've algorithmic reskins.

Since it's first showing people have said "well what is there to do"

I don't blame people for wanting more, just not sure where the false expectations came from. It's been clear for about 2 years exactly what this game would be. They should've priced it at $40 and I bet it would've tempered expectations.

SOrry for expecting more...guess we're all just spoiled expecting:
More NPCs
More interaction with ai.
More combat.
More sentient lifeforms.
More interesting goals.
More crafting abilities (Seriously...you could build more in minecraft for gods sake!)
:stopitslime:

Rain

👀
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
this game needs to come out to Xbox. No need to tarnish the PS family as a "exclusive".
Too late. This shyt makes me not even want to buy the Neo. I mean what's next, we can't do multiplayer and play in 4K at the same time? :skip:

Behind-the-wheel

Living dead
Daps
Reppin
Death
I think people wanted No Man's Sky to be a cross between Mass Effect and Borderlands with a gazillion planets.
I think that's why you see a bunch of the same questions. People are finding it hard to believe that the game would be so large yet have so little to actually do outside of being a walking and flight simulator.

That is exactly it in a nutshell.
Great expectations and lackluster offerings...

The next game that builds off of this will get it right.

KushSkywalker

Walker Lexus Ranger
Daps
SOrry for expecting more...guess we're all just spoiled expecting:
More NPCs
More interaction with ai.
More combat.
More sentient lifeforms.
More interesting goals.
More crafting abilities (Seriously...you could build more in minecraft for gods sake!)
:stopitslime:
Nothing wrong with wanting all that.

Just saying it seemed pretty obvious we wouldn't be getting all that for a while now.

This backlash was predictable months ago. If you didn't buy the game then no loss for you, you dodged one.

If you did before reviews the L's on you.