No Man's Sky (PC, Xbox One, Switch, PS4, PS VR2)

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
Are there at least enemies in this game??? Dogfights??? :patrice:

Might as well answer with no and no.
This isn't an action game by any definition.
Its an exploration/survival game, with more emphasis on the survival as the exploration they describe consists of going from planet to planet just to look at different variations of the same animal types and the different atmospheric conditions of each planet.
You aren't going to be upgrading your weapons to fight some leveled up enemies or take your ship on a star wars style dog fight.
The game's selling point from the beginning was its scale, not its actual game play content.

there are dogfights, and you can upgrade your weapons

at least copy/paste the right info :snoop:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land

Well you can't post videos like this, and then say they never created the expectation for the game to have more action.

Most of the trailers have a fair amount of action in them. None of them showed that dumb ass mining tool or managing a backpack:martin:

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven

I understand and saw the video, but I said No and No to his question addressing the expectation that the game is going to be some sort of FPS shooter with the goal to level up continually for the purpose of doing battle.
Thats not what the game is about.

Malik1time

What you looking at?
Daps
Reppin
Queens
I'm at my friends house playing it and at 1st it's dope:ehh: but after 3 hours of going thru it it got boring real quick:stopitslime:
I ain't gunna buy this rather save that money to get deus ex later this month:yeshrug:

Deezay

All Star
Daps
Reppin
These Kids
That's kinda not true.

When it was first announced yes.

But as time went on and they decided to charge $60 for it they started talking like there would be a lot more to it. Talking about NPCs, space police, big surprises/events, multiplayer encounters, etc.

They never made it sound like an action game, but they damn sure never made it sound like a survival backpack managing sim:beli:
I took it differently I guess. :manny: Never really expected it to be a co-op.
I'll still cop, eventually.

GodinDaFlesh

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Godverse
I've been looking at vids, seems like this game will get boring after a couple of hours. :francis: There needs to be more structured activities, interactions with other people, drama, etc. Open world games get super boring after the main mission.