No Man's Lie: Redditor(s) Compose Thorough list of No Man's Sky's false advertising

rapbeats

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That's what makes the whole thing so sad IMO.

It's a good game. They could have sold it on just what it was and people would have been happy.

That $60 pricetag made them put expectations on themselves that they just didn't/couldn't meet.
incorrect. they told you what it was. and yall kept saying "so so what is it". i kept hearing that same question up until the release date.

yall did this to yourselves. why am i one of the few people that knew what it was and preordered the game and love it for what it is(exactly what they told me it would be.)

now the part about elements and trading. there's two issues with the investigators from reddit. do yall understand how big this game is? do you realize the planets people started on could've been on planets with those minerals by chance. while a few other people got screwed and had little minerals or non of the same stuff as everyone else. thats how big the game is. there is no way to accurately review it. because there are too many unknown planets out there. so unless someone pulls up the game code. it will all be speculation.

#2. i think they have somewhat nurfed the elements/resources to be more equal for everyone. in the beginning they wanted it to be totally random. the problem with this is. you could mess around and end up stranded on a planet with no means of survival or ever getting off without certain things. now truth is, that would be very realistic. but thats too realistic for most gamers. and that aint fun if you end up being the victim of said elementless planet.

rapbeats

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
what has happened here is not some big lie from hello games. its people trying to convince themselves that this game was going to be one thing when it clearly was never going to be that and it was stated as much. yall did this to yourselves. lol. like i said in the other thread. i'm loving the game. but i also knew exactly what it was from all the interviews/trailers/videos.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
incorrect. they told you what it was.
No muthufukka, they didn't. And I'm not reading the rest of this long ass post.

All the videos that have been posted.

Quotes by Sean Murray

Even the back of the fukking box expected something that is not in the game.

It's fine if you like the game. I like the game, but don't come with this defense bullshyt trying to act like people made shyt up.

I'm not even interested in continuing this with you cause I saw all your longwinded ass posts in the other thread, and if you are still running with this argument in the face of heaps of evidence, then you are just being a shill for the game:camby:

Rice N Beans

Junior Hayley Stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
That is exactly what you wrote :stopitslime:

Skewing context now? :leon: Let's break down Meach's poor argumentative skills here:

What I was alluding to:

Fable was overhyped with promised features and mechanics that never made it into the game, much like this game.

Note the key words Meach's schooling had him ignore.

What Meach chose to create his fallacy on:

both didn't deliver on content that was to be expected

The reality is:

Fable was overhyped with promised features and mechanics that never made it into the game, much like this game.

What Meach THINKS it means to try and invalidate it:

If you are gonna simply reduce this to "things were expected and not there" then 99% of games coming out belong on this list :comeon:

Fallacy should be your user tag.

rapbeats

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
No muthufukka, they didn't. And I'm not reading the rest of this long ass post.

All the videos that have been posted.

Quotes by Sean Murray

Even the back of the fukking box expected something that is not in the game.

It's fine if you like the game. I like the game, but don't come with this defense bullshyt trying to act like people made shyt up.

I'm not even interested in continuing this with you cause I saw all your longwinded ass posts in the other thread, and if you are still running with this argument in the face of heaps of evidence, then you are just being a shill for the game:camby:
i'll say it again. They told you what it was not what you wanted it to be. now are some features that they said would be there changed? of course. does that no happen on every single game? yes it does. so how is this a thread starter? its not.

lets address the rotation of planets. they say there is no rotation of planets. this was something that was said by sean a while back.
there was talk about people in early testing thinking the game was bugged due to stations disappearing, but what had happened was the planet rotated so it was no longer directly over head.

You can see in the Day Zero patch notes where it says something like
"Planet rotation – play testing has made it obvious people are struggling to adjust to this during play so it’s effects have been reduced further…

what did they struggle with? well the above issue never died for the testers. they would leave the planet and think they should be facing the same way they came in. they would pop out into space disoriented. they figured this would be a big thing so lets tone that down a ton or just not let it rotate at all. less realism for less complaints about the game. even though most of this game is not based on realism but more of a sci-fi gamey feel.

so those complaining about no rotation go yell out the game testers for crying about it.

Jonah

XBOT Suicide Prevention Squad
Daps
Reppin
Cali Crew
yall actin like they aint ever experimented with a multiplayer mechanic. :scust:as if it was ment to be single player from the start.

Im pretty sure they was doing a basic multiplayer thing but ended up having to shelf it once it started having issues. yall cant discount whether they did or didnt. I saw where dude said 2 people met in the game, which is why I really think its possible Multiplayer was a thing at one point...

who knows, they might bring it back once they get all the issues sorted out :jbhmm:

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Speaking of lies
Microsoft fixes deceptive Xbox One S graphic in new ad

Microsoft released a new ad for the Xbox One S this week, in it they finally correct a glaring oversight on the model’s original e3 trailer. Back at E3 they included an image of the S model looking 40% smaller than the original model from every angle, as if the original’s power brick was forced inside the guts of the launch system.

Here is the image they originally used.

As you can see, this image makes the S model seem much smaller than it really is compared to the OG model. Microsoft has updated their S model ad with this image:

This is a much more accurate portrayal. The S model is gorgeous and deserves praise for fixing the bulky look of the original model. But it’s smaller size shouldn’t be misrepresented as its roughly the size of the PS4. It is a super sexy, two tone console though!

Microsoft fixes deceptive Xbox One S graphic in new ad

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Game looked like a successor to Spore from day 1, yet some of you of went in expecting a shooter with multiplayer :mjlol:

Game looks and plays exactly the same as the footage they dropped about 2 years ago in the first trailer.

el_oh_el

Bulls On Parade...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Whatever happened to if you don't like a game trade it in a play something else? This shyt got motherfukkers doing legit investigate essays and shyt :deadmanny:

If you bought the shyt and then found out it wasn't what you hoped. Take your L and keep it moving :camby:
Nah, someone has got to keep the exaggerations these publishers do in line

Jonah

XBOT Suicide Prevention Squad
Daps
Reppin
Cali Crew
Nah, someone has got to keep the exaggerations these publishers do in line
theres already someone who does that :francis:

he got more pull in the industry with this kinda shyt then we do... :manny:

Juven

All Star
Daps
And that you could carve your initials into a tree and come back.10 years later and it would still be there and all sorts of other duck tales

who cares about dumb shyt like that. fable 1 was crack.

I had the most fun playing that game. Fable 2 and 3 did nothing to improve the series

Animal House

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
All these comments in here defending that game are really the reason why game companies should quit the bullshyt and be very transparent on what kind of game they are trying to push on the people. There were too many questions about what kind of game this is, it you are really trying to market something dont do it half ass because a situation like ths will haunt you. And this isnt the first or last either