No Man's Lie: Redditor(s) Compose Thorough list of No Man's Sky's false advertising

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Peter Molyneux famously promised you would be able to watch an acorn grow into a tree. Never happened.
You could watch a tree grow and change. Not from an acorn but the world around you did change and evolve as you played.

And that's not even a major pillar of the game, just a trivial thing that wouldn't have changed much about the game.

So we comparing that, to a game being advertised as multiplayer, then being single player only?:martin:

Last edited:

Olu Dara

^^^^^^^^^^^^
Supporter
Daps
What's going to happen is...most of the stuff they said would be in the game that is not in the game...will be in the game...when you pay for DLC...

5 star lock a "attach this transmitter to your ship to allow you to see where other ships are and use warp drive to meet up with them" DLC coming in a few months...
He even said there would be no DLC, so that was a lie too then :mjlol:

No Man’s Sky to Get Free Updates, Won’t Have Paid DLC

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Whatever happened to if you don't like a game trade it in a play something else? This shyt got motherfukkers doing legit investigate essays and shyt :deadmanny:

If you bought the shyt and then found out it wasn't what you hoped. Take your L and keep it moving :camby:
This is a video game discussion board breh. Let them discuss it, the negatives and the positives. This whole place would be terrible if you were only allowed to speak well about games. Companies get hit with class action law suits all the time for this level of false advertising. Not that it's GOING to happen, but it certainly wouldn't surprise me if it did.

MightyHealthy

said what he said
Daps
Reppin
PUROGANG
You could watch a tree grow and change. Not from an acorn but the world around you did change and evolve as you played.

And that's not even a major pillar of the game, just a trivial thing that wouldn't have changed much about the game.

So we comparing that, to a game being advertised as multiplayer, then being single player only?:martin:
He didn't say the game would be an MMO, and then it turned out it was single player only. They didn't have to put a sticker on the Fable box to cover up lies.

It's yalls stannary that's causing you to even make the comparison:camby:
Yeah man, I just hit 200K gamerscore...and I'm totally stanning for PlayStation...when I tell you that Fable was very much like No Man's Sky, in being a solid game that was hyped up by bullshyt promises.

It's an apt comparison that many knowledgeable gamers have made.

You have a point in saying that hinted multiplayer is a lot more of a failed promise than a dynamically detailed growth in an RPG, but you can't pretend Fable wasn't filled with broken promises when it was.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Yeah man, I just hit 200K gamerscore...and I'm totally stanning for PlayStation...
Was that post directed at you?:comeon:

when I tell you that Fable was very much like No Man's Sky, in being a solid game that was hyped up by bullshyt promises.

It's an apt comparison that many knowledgeable gamers have made.

You have a point in saying that hinted multiplayer is a lot more of a failed promise than a dynamically detailed growth in an RPG, but you can't pretend Fable wasn't filled with broken promises when it was.
I never said it wasn't filled with broken promises. I said there's levels to this shyt.

Fable was hyped up more on exaggerations than outright lies. I.E. the acorn to tree thing. No you could not watch a tree grow from an acorn, but you could watch a tree change throughout your playthrough. In No Mans Sky the giant sand worm just doesn't exist.

And beyond that, an acorn growing into a tree is not an integral part of the game like a game having multiplayer or not :martin:

And beyond that, Peter Molynuex wasn't standing in interviews just weeks before the game telling the same lies. Those statements were made years before the game even came out. In the case of no mans sky, just a couple weeks ago he was still talking about multiplayer and big space battles, etc. So much so that the box was printed up showing multiplayer, and they had to put a sticker on it at the last minute to cover it up.

Now if Fable had a tree growing into an acorn on the back of the box, and turned out to be a puzzle game instead of an RPG then y'all would have a point.

As it stands dude made Peter Molenuex lies look pedestrian in comparison.

Last edited:

Jonah

XBOT Suicide Prevention Squad
Daps
Reppin
Cali Crew
Was that post directed at you?:comeon:

I never said it wasn't filled with broken promises. I said there's levels to this shyt.

Fable was hyped up more on exaggerations than outright lies. I.E. the acorn to tree thing. No you could not watch a tree grow from an acorn, but you could watch a tree change throughout your playthrough. In No Mans Sky the giant sand worm just doesn't exist.

And beyond that, an acorn growing into a tree is not an integral part of the game like a game having multiplayer or not :martin:

And beyond that, Peter Molynuex wasn't standing in interviews just weeks before the game telling the same lies. Those statements were made years before the game even came out. In the case of no mans sky, just a couple weeks ago he was still talking about multiplayer and big space battles, etc. So much so that the box was printed up showing multiplayer, and they had to put a sticker on it last minute to cover it up.

Now if Fable had a tree growing into an acorn on the back of the box, and turned out to be a puzzle game instead of an RPG then y'all would have a point.

As it stands dude made Peter Molenuex lies look pedestrian in comparison.
didnt the nikka who made Fable change his name to some retarded shyt?

Nomad1

Tupac KONY and GOAT
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Sean lying, I swear you can't trust most of these indie devs. I'll get this shyt when it's cheap, I don't want this shyt to be a Firewatch part 2 purchase