No Man's Lie: Redditor(s) Compose Thorough list of No Man's Sky's false advertising

RJY33

master of reality
Daps
we really took an L on this :snoop:

i bought digital so i cant even trade in :mjcry:

i dont even hate the game. ive had some fun with it. but after 6-7 hours now its bugging the shyt out of me seeing the same buildings, space stations, etc.

gonna take some time off from it and hopefully they will start filling shyt in that was missing through DLC in the coming months :to:

XII

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Sean lying, I swear you can't trust most of these indie devs. I'll get this shyt when it's cheap, I don't want this shyt to be a Firewatch part 2 purchase
What was wrong with Firewatch :dwillhuh:

Animal House

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Was that post directed at you?:comeon:

I never said it wasn't filled with broken promises. I said there's levels to this shyt.

Fable was hyped up more on exaggerations than outright lies. I.E. the acorn to tree thing. No you could not watch a tree grow from an acorn, but you could watch a tree change throughout your playthrough. In No Mans Sky the giant sand worm just doesn't exist.

And beyond that, an acorn growing into a tree is not an integral part of the game like a game having multiplayer or not :martin:

And beyond that, Peter Molynuex wasn't standing in interviews just weeks before the game telling the same lies. Those statements were made years before the game even came out. In the case of no mans sky, just a couple weeks ago he was still talking about multiplayer and big space battles, etc. So much so that the box was printed up showing multiplayer, and they had to put a sticker on it at the last minute to cover it up.

Now if Fable had a tree growing into an acorn on the back of the box, and turned out to be a puzzle game instead of an RPG then y'all would have a point.

As it stands dude made Peter Molenuex lies look pedestrian in comparison.
Im here to argue because your my dude but Peter lied and nikkas were mad, not like this tho. What about the no fences in Fable and you could go anywhere. That was a lie to

Nomad1

Tupac KONY and GOAT
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
But you knew it was a walking simulator going in :francis: that game never lied about what it was :francis:

Don't tell me you were expecting Rescue Me: The Game :russ:
:yeshrug: I thought it would have a decent story given its location and characters. shyt was anti-climatic, and you couldn't really interact with the great environment they created.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Yeah man, I just hit 200K gamerscore...and I'm totally stanning for PlayStation...when I tell you that Fable was very much like No Man's Sky, in being a solid game that was hyped up by bullshyt promises.

It's an apt comparison that many knowledgeable gamers have made.

You have a point in saying that hinted multiplayer is a lot more of a failed promise than a dynamically detailed growth in an RPG, but you can't pretend Fable wasn't filled with broken promises when it was.

Calling YOU, the GOAT XBOT, a PS4 stan

charlie-murphy-laugh-o.gif

@MMSex @King Sun @beaniemac

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Im here to argue because your my dude but Peter lied and nikkas were mad, not like this tho. What about the no fences in Fable and you could go anywhere. That was a lie to
Again I'm not saying he didn't hype fable up well beyond what we got.

I'm just saying NMS takes the cake for this type shyt:francis: