No lie, looking back peak covid did provide us with hilarious moments

Black Mamba

Superstar
Daps
Also I easily could’ve went the flabby route since gyms were closed but I started to work out at my girls place(had dumbells only) and was doing cardio running outside basically working out like 6 days a week.
I could’ve sunked but I leveled up and man shyt is good :salute:
Now fukk gyms I ain’t never going back to that shyt.

Daps
Yes, and you would think that folks would be more cognizant aboot being clean, hygenic and sterilizing/sanitizing shiit before usage (at least, the bear minimum is keeping a bottle of that sani gel in your car/backpack/desk, every room in your house, etc.

You know, i just got back from traveling internationally and this is what boggles my mind:

Mothafukkas still take a dump/piss and just walk straight out of the restroom. I'm like, fam... you got debris on yo' fingertips and that doesn't concern you?

This is why planes/airports are breeding grounds for germs/bacteria and spread illness and such at such a vast rate (and while yes, the majority of people who don't wash their hands are cacs... but now i notice that laziness doesn't discriminate; all walks of life just "walk" straight out.

This is why we should normalize NOT SHAKING HANDS! Ever again. I still try to elbow dap as often in lieu of greeting with palm to palm action.

You just don't know where mothafukkas been with their nasty ass digits.

Growing up, this brotha who was practically my uncle always refused to shake hands. But you know, growing up as a young man, all the other strong men in my life would shake another man's hand so of course that's what I did. You base some things on how firm a man's handshake is (you can even kinda get the measure of what type of man he is). Nowadays tho, hell nah. I'll fist bump you but that's it. And even then I immediately put some sanitizer on my hands or go wash them.

Sauce Mane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Lowkey missed working out in the park during summer and late spring when gyms were closed

While everyone was inside, I was outside working out in the sun :blessed:

Nothing like breaking a sweat with a nice breeze and no people around
hhh-237x277.png

Daps
I remember people freaking out about toiletpaper but I had a plug never came close to running out:wow:

full

I was frantically searching for a plug :pachaha:

It was the first time in my life that I wished I knew somebody who worked at Wal Mart.

I was tryna start conversations with Wal mart workers, trying to become friends so that hopefully they would be my plug :laff:

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Lowkey missed working out in the park during summer and late spring when gyms were closed

While everyone was inside, I was outside working out in the sun :blessed:
I miss outdoor workouts as well…tho they weren’t solo. We grew from about 5 of us working out over here to a whole outdoor gym. The community/vibe we had during that time was dope

Edit: forgot the newspaper covered our little spot A new East Bay fitness community grows out of the crucible of coronavirus

Last edited:

Sauce Mane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
I miss outdoor workouts as well…tho they weren’t solo. We grew from about 5 of us working out over here to a whole outdoor gym. The community/vibe we had during that time was dope

During mid-summer, there was definitely an increase in people working out in the park but it wasn't so bad.

At one point I even put two 10lb dumbells along with a 10lb bag of rice in my backpack and went to the park to do weighted dips and pull-ups, but the weight was distributed weirdly in the backpack and the shoulder straps made it unfordable to workout with it so I just stuck with bodyweight calisthenics.

Iverson_64

Superstar
Daps
I was terrified of Covid until I got it. It was awful and I was down bad for a good 4-5 days, but I never felt like I was in danger of dying or anything close to that although anxiety wise I was pretty anxious

I feel like once I got over my first bout with Covid, my life kinda went back to prepandemic. I felt a lil invincible… until I got it again

:damn:

Fastforward to now, I’m a 3 time Covid champion. The second time was actually worse than the first. Sickest I’ve ever been in my life. this third time was a walk in the park tho

We will survive my brothers
Just remember Larry, you can live through anything if Magic made it.