No Facebook = Demented Friendless serial killer

Savior

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#byrdgang
Facebook is nice for keeping in touch with fam and friends that are out of town....twitter snd instagram tho? Unless youre a celebrity I cant take you seriously if you're up on them heavy. Like nikkas really care what you're doing every min of the day? Thats some attention whore shyt

Daps

Blackout

just your usual nerdy brotha
Daps
Facebook isn't that big of a deal.

People here talking about how liberating it is without Facebook like that shyt is crack or something.

You guys stress not having a Facebook as much as those people who stress having one.

If you have a facebook good for you, if you dont have one congrats.

That shyt ain't that serious.

Colilluminati

TAMRON HALL STAN
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MiddleWest
Lol funny thing I don't have a fb either and this broad I was talking to was thinking I was hiding something.

People tell my girl that shyt.''He must be hiding something if he ain't got one''.:heh:

Yet we been together for like 9 years.Everyone knows us, but still they think that shyt.

AAKing23

92' til Infinity....
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ-PA-GA
I got a Twitter and Facebook that I rarely if ever use:manny:

I use Facebook for family and close friends primarily and I only have like 40-45 friends.

On Twitter I use it to follow my favorite celebs, athletes and news sources so I can stay current, I've had it for a yr and only have 33 tweets :heh:

I honestly don't care to follow regular everyday people because I don't care about what they're doing in their life and I don't understand how some people have 50K tweets as a regular non/celebrity person unless they use Twitter to promote things:what:

As for Instagram I will never make one because I feel like that shyt is for attention whores for the most part :yeshrug:

Daps
Facebook isn't that big if a deal.

People here talking about how liberating it is without Facebook like that shyt is crack or something.

You guys stress not having a Facebook as much as those people who stress having one.

If you have a facebook good for you, if you dont have one congrats.

That shyt ain't that serious.

Facebook can be addicting like a drug.:manny: So yea, to some people getting off it is a big deal.

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
@The Nigerian...doing this for practice before I hit the mall with my nikka and as a basis for a pitch I'm gonna make to an I-Banker.

Peep this info and feel free to rebut.

There arent any mature, large, public social networks to compare to so Ill compare to MATURE public tech companies that deal with revenue from online and mobile apps as well as services they provide (mainly advertising). Lets compare to Google, Priceline, EBay and Amazon for the fukk of it :laugh:. Large cap companies all within the same stratosphere as Facebook.

Price to Sales ratios:

PCLN ($37B Market Cap) - 6.7
GOOG ($280B Market Cap) – 5.1
AMZN ($117B Market Cap)- 1.8
EBAY ($70B Market Cap)– 4.8
FB ($67B Market Cap)– 12.5

To give a better picture that relates to Cash and Debt…lets use enterprise value. (Higher cash than debt…less EV)
Enterprise value is essentially what it would cost to by the company...Market Cap + Debt - Cash (You can use the cash you bought to pay off debt)

Enterprise Value to Sales
PCLN – 5.9
GOOG – 4.2
EBAY – 4,3
AMZN – 1.7
FB – 11.5

I wont even bring EBITDA into this because then it’ll really get ugly. :why:

FB has a ratio of 12.5 and 11.3 respectively only because it is still in its growth phase. For this current valuation of $67B to be correct...this means the markets expect facebook to double its revenue. This is considering the average in this little table without Facebook (and Amazon which is much lower for whatever reason) is about 5.5 for both metrics. 90% of this companies revenue is from advertising…what incentive is there for corporations/companies to increase their damn advertising in facebook when the usage of the actual website is declining behind the scenes? That is why I said the only way this valuation can be correct is if the company starts using its cash for acquisitions or if it creates whole new business lines so it isn’t so dependent on advertising.

Now lets get into the price to Earnings ratio (trailing 12 months)…because what good is a company’s sales if none of the earnings are being retained for shareholders, or invested into the company (and I don’t mean invested into bullshyt innovations like FB home)??
FB – 577
GOOG – 25
EBAY - 26
PCLN – 26
(All figures are rounded…and they just so happen to all converge to 26 making my job easier :blessed:)

So get this. Not only do investors expect Facebook to double its revenue to $11B by year end 2015…but they expect to company to improve its operating efficiency and thereby only increase its expenses (currently at $5.3B…$3.9B without R&D) to about $8.2B. Because that would then create a net income of $2.8B (which creates a 25 P/E ratio when compared to Facebooks current market capitalization.) :laff:. 100% revenue increase and 60% expense increase. Doable but not if they're gonna be working in them labs like you said. There is no way that this is happening for a company that is pretty much a fad at this point, a fad that is going to require extensive R&D expenses to branch out and grow its business beyond advertising.

I can continue going further but you have no clue about any of this so I wont bother. But tell me, how is Facebook gonna meet these expectations by 2015 because you know so much.
http://finance.yahoo.com/q/ae?s=FB+Analyst+Estimates
Just so you know I aint talking out of my ass with them numbers...peep that yahoo link. The market pretty much expects 25% increases over each of the next 3 years which which would eventually amount to 100% times last years revenue in 2015. (1.25^3 = 1.95)

Last edited by a moderator:

Blackout

Daps
Facebook can be addicting like a drug.:manny: So yea, to some people getting off it is a big deal.
Anything can be addicting "like a drug." You could not have a facebook account and still be addicted to something else "like a drug."

Moderation is a way better alternative than stressing it that much to where its effects are exaggerated.

Daps

Anything can be addicting "like a drug." You could not have a facebook account and still be addicted to something else "like a drug."

Moderation is a way better alternative than stressing it that much to where its effects are exaggerated.

So I can't be obsessed with facebook and shopping at the same time?

Blackout

Daps
So I can't be obsessed with facebook and shopping at the same time?
What are you talking about?

I'm talking about how your saying that Facebook could be addictive like a drug yet that is a cop out because that can apply to anything that's not crack level addiction.

Facebook ain't that serious.