Nioh 2 | PS4 | Out Now

FloorGeneral

I don't even know anymore...
Daps
Reppin
Packerland
been thru 100 hells and back...is stone +9 worth it tho ? i havent fukked with that weak shyt since it 1st dropped :russ:
I do it for increased difficulty. Supposedly it gives you better loot, but I can’t really tell if that’s true. If you don’t like getting one shot, then you might wanna stay away lol.

Brief Keef

Superstar
Daps
I do it for increased difficulty. Supposedly it gives you better loot, but I can’t really tell if that’s true. If you don’t like getting one shot, then you might wanna stay away lol.
yeah that shyt dont give u better loot ppl only used that cuz there was no underworld...now u got that stuff on accesories that lets u get better loot...and u also got the lapis in the underworld u can get fukk that stone shyt:hhh:

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
SMH casual shyt. It doesn't even take much to unlock the next difficulties anymore. You're lucky you're playing now and not before. They relaxed requirements big time after 1st DLC. Before that, you had to basically play everything to go forward to next difficulty.

Nioh 2: Recommended Missions
I almost got to the end of nioh one before a corrupt save. wasn't replaying all that shyt. I do all the missions that are presented to me in game

I'm not beating a 70 hour game then running it back.

If they can't give me all the missions and better difficulties through natural progression or before the game begins it's not worth my time.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
What type of character build are you running?
I have no idea. I just add points to areas I feel I need them in on the fly. If I'm dying because I don't recover ki fast enough in flurries I'll add more. At the moment it's ki recovery and skill.

I'm not to big on adding life to my characters because as The Truest I don't want to be overpowered with life. I let the armor do the rest of the job by keeping me light enough to move quick, easy recovery after striking and built in defense gimmicks with armor. Add in cheese magic and yokai attacks when I'm on the ropes. I'd like to get all the powers for the weapons if I can.

The double axe katana and large sword are my favorites at the moment. My Axe has sentience I guess. I merged some stats from a soul core bird to the axe as well. The axe has life drain on it and I believe some of my armor has some kind of life drain as well. I like passive life recovery so I don't have to use as many potions.

Don Mack

All Star
Daps
Reppin
ATL
I have no idea. I just add points to areas I feel I need them in on the fly. If I'm dying because I don't recover ki fast enough in flurries I'll add more. At the moment it's ki recovery and skill.

I'm not to big on adding life to my characters because as The Truest I don't want to be overpowered with life. I let the armor do the rest of the job by keeping me light enough to move quick, easy recovery after striking and built in defense gimmicks with armor. Add in cheese magic and yokai attacks when I'm on the ropes. I'd like to get all the powers for the weapons if I can.

The double axe katana and large sword are my favorites at the moment. My Axe has sentience I guess. I merged some stats from a soul core bird to the axe as well. The axe has life drain on it and I believe some of my armor has some kind of life drain as well. I like passive life recovery so I don't have to use as many potions.

Sounds like a high stamina low health build. If you get hit by some of the later bosses youll get one shotted unless you use magic to temporarily increase defense. On the other hand you’ll be able to attack more with high stamina

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Sounds like a high stamina low health build. If you get hit by some of the later bosses youll get one shotted unless you use magic to temporarily increase defense. On the other hand you’ll be able to attack more with high stamina
Yes. I'm the best I'm not concerned with tanking or being one shotted. If I'm 8 potions deep Ill settle for being 2 shotted. That's how I'm used to playing games. I don't necessarily like being overpowered with strength either. A nice balance leaning toward stamina and the ability to showcase what the game has to offer

KOOL-AID

I Pitty Da Fool
Supporter
Daps
just got into this, been trynna play all these soul like games. idk if this is part of the series but i'm on it. so far dual wield plus fist is the best weapons to me. the blue yokai seems the best in terms of my playstyle, fast and agile.

FloorGeneral

Daps
Reppin
Packerland
just got into this, been trynna play all these soul like games. idk if this is part of the series but i'm on it. so far dual wield plus fist is the best weapons to me. the blue yokai seems the best in terms of my playstyle, fast and agile.
This is NOT a Souls game, so do yourself a favor and don't try to play it like one. Combat can be whatever you want it to be, depending on how much time you wanna put in. It's very fluid and fast and the more you play with a particular weapon the more skills you can unlock for it. Best combat in any game IMO.

When you say 'blue yokai' I'm assuming you're talking about Feral Guardian Spirit. Yeah, Feral is my favorite also, but don't sleep on the other two. They all have their uses, and later on, when you can have two equipped at the same time, you'd do well to always have both a Brute (red) and either Feral (blue) or Phantom (purple) equipped, and learn to switch on the fly depending on the enemy you're fighting. It can take some getting used to, but really comes in handy.

That said, enjoy the game. It's by far my favorite game this/last/whatever gen. I've put so many hours into both parts 1 and 2 that its ridiculous. If you need any help just holla at me. Glad to help.

FloorGeneral

Daps
Reppin
Packerland

Them are hatchets, and you can play much faster with them than you are. They are tricky to get used to, but man they're fun as hell to use. Advancing Storm is such a good and useful skill. Learn to love it. It sucks that one of their best skills (Deadly Spiral) is something a boss drops so you have to farm for it, but it's really awesome.

Also, please use your Burst Counter lol.

FloorGeneral

Daps
Reppin
Packerland
this the the type of game you can't put down for too long and hop back into. There are so many button presses you gotta get into the groove of and once you're back into the shyts you gotta start fighting high level monsters with a limited skill set again.
I took about a month break (playing the Ninja Gaiden Master Collection), and just hopped back in today. A bit rusty, but I've played these games so damn much, that the muscle memory will probably never go away lol.

Had a few timing issues and wrong skills, but otherwise, felt good.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Them are hatchets, and you can play much faster with them than you are. They are tricky to get used to, but man they're fun as hell to use. Advancing Storm is such a good and useful skill. Learn to love it. It sucks that one of their best skills (Deadly Spiral) is something a boss drops so you have to farm for it, but it's really awesome.

Also, please use your Burst Counter lol.
Brotha respectfully?

Don't

EVER, put your mind on my mother fukking controller.

I'ma play how I'ma play and I will conquer. O don't care what's easier to do and how to be op. I use the powers I like. I play how I wanna play.