Nioh 2 | PS4 | Out Now

FloorGeneral

I don't even know anymore...
Daps
Reppin
Packerland
Im actually getting better, learning to block and parry pretty good
Try to learn to always block while dodging. That way if you mistime the dodge, you still block the hit. I don't know how comfortable you are switching stances, but if you wanna really start to 'git gud', that's something to learn ASAP. Dodging in low is ideal, uses less ki. Also, if you're not ki pulsing, you're screwing yourself. Once you get comfortable ki pulsing, flux is the next step (followed by flux 2, but that's advanced territory lol, baby steps).

Oh, and try to be in atleast B agility (equipment rate below 70%). I personally never use B (always A (30%), until AA was introduced, now I'm always AA (20%, but requires a special stat), but never go above B. C is bad, and going over 100% is a HUGE no-no.

Arcavian

Him Downstairs
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
Try to learn to always block while dodging. That way if you mistime the dodge, you still block the hit. I don't know how comfortable you are switching stances, but if you wanna really start to 'git gud', that's something to learn ASAP. Dodging in low is ideal, uses less ki. Also, if you're not ki pulsing, you're screwing yourself. Once you get comfortable ki pulsing, flux is the next step (followed by flux 2, but that's advanced territory lol, baby steps).

Oh, and try to be in atleast B agility (equipment rate below 70%). I personally never use B (always A (30%), until AA was introduced, now I'm always AA (20%, but requires a special stat), but never go above B. C is bad, and going over 100% is a HUGE no-no.

My ki pulse game is crazy now, I initially read this post like... damn thats alot, but I got my shyt down and Im slaughtering now:banderas:

FloorGeneral

I don't even know anymore...
Daps
Reppin
Packerland
My ki pulse game is crazy now, I initially read this post like... damn thats alot, but I got my shyt down and Im slaughtering now:banderas:
Good shyt. I tried to keep it simple and basic (other than flux 1 & 2, but once you get ki pulsing and stance switching down on their own, combining them is a natural progression).

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Copped this on sale for $12 gonna give it a shot after I finish Tears. What am in for brehs? :lupe:

I loved Elden Ring and Sekiro but I was pretty underwhelmed with the Wo Long demo which was Team Ninjas most recent game:patrice:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Copped this on sale for $12 gonna give it a shot after I finish Tears. What am in for brehs? :lupe:

I loved Elden Ring and Sekiro but I was pretty underwhelmed with the Wo Long demo which was Team Ninjas most recent game:patrice:

Nioh 2 is better than Wo Long (i only played the demo for the latter) but its also a lot harder than a typical souls game

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

Every time i see Nioh all i can think about is Paul Mooney roasting The Last Samurai in that Chapelles Show gif
vKU.gif

Animal House

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I redownloaded this after a few videos were on my YouTube algorithm, now 12 hours later I’m like what have I done I’m back in love with this game :banderas:

Using a Splitstaff and Tonfa combo, the amount of moves you can pull off in this game is crazy, I’m wrecking shyt all over again :banderas:

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
I redownloaded this after a few videos were on my YouTube algorithm, now 12 hours later I’m like what have I done I’m back in love with this game :banderas:

Using a Splitstaff and Tonfa combo, the amount of moves you can pull off in this game is crazy, I’m wrecking shyt all over again :banderas:

Yeah I literally just got to the second region. The learning curve for this game is STEEP but I’m starting to get the hang of it and it’s hooked me in :ohlawd:

I’m running with the Odachi and Sword they these jrehs gonna have to call me 2 Bladez :wow:

Animal House

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah I literally just got to the second region. The learning curve for this game is STEEP but I’m starting to get the hang of it and it’s hooked me in :ohlawd:

I’m running with the Odachi and Sword they these jrehs gonna have to call me 2 Bladez :wow:
Breh once you figure out the mechanics it’s like every encounter becomes sooo dope and rewarding

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
This gonna be my first 100 hour game on the PS5 :wow:

I’m in the 5th region and have done every side mission and a few twilight Missions so far. I been maining the Odachi since day 1 and had the sword as my secondary but i pretty much never use it outside of intentionally trying to level it up :mjlol: Switching over to dual swords now because its better at applying status effects and i like all the aerial/jumping attacks. Its a better compliment to the odachi for when I just want to throw out a ton of attacks quickly in close quarters. I can still handle pretty much any scenario with the odachi tho and have gotten nice at all my combos that switch into other stances

Super steep learning curve but as an RPG head the amount of depth and customization is :banderas:

I also love how they have a death counter in the stats menu. I’m at 350+ and counting :skip:

CopiousX

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
This gonna be my first 100 hour game on the PS5 :wow:

I’m in the 5th region and have done every side mission and a few twilight Missions so far. I been maining the Odachi since day 1 and had the sword as my secondary but i pretty much never use it outside of intentionally trying to level it up :mjlol: Switching over to dual swords now because its better at applying status effects and i like all the aerial/jumping attacks. Its a better compliment to the odachi for when I just want to throw out a ton of attacks quickly in close quarters. I can still handle pretty much any scenario with the odachi tho and have gotten nice at all my combos that switch into other stances

Super steep learning curve but as an RPG head the amount of depth and customization is :banderas:

I also love how they have a death counter in the stats menu. I’m at 350+ and counting :skip:
Man i remember buying a whole ps4 for this game back in the day. :mjlol:

But i dropped it entirely after i got to that snake section. It was fun for the part i played. And the boss battles were visually stunning. I rememebr my proudest moment was getting to the point where i could regularly defeat the gorrila dudes when the darkness gorilla on the very first game area one shotted me viciously when i first booted the game up. :wow:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Man i remember buying a whole ps4 for this game back in the day. :mjlol:

But i dropped it entirely after i got to that snake section. It was fun for the part i played. And the boss battles were visually stunning. I rememebr my proudest moment was getting to the point where i could regularly defeat the gorrila dudes when the darkness gorilla on the very first game area one shotted me viciously when i first booted the game up. :wow:

Very satisfying when you start really getting the hang of the game and can beat those bouncing gorilla things easily. The problem with this game is if you put it down for too long its almost impossible to jump back into. You gotta relearn the whole game again but you’re stuck in the middle levels that are challening

I couldn’t even remember how to yokai counter last time i jumped back into it

Animal House

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Guess I gotta be that one person this shyt is better than every other soulslike not named Bloodborne, I’m endgame now and Jesus Christ this game is literally crack rocks :banderas:

Don’t feel like typing but overall I’m haven’t had this much fun in the genre since BB FACTS!:wow::wow::wow: