Nioh 2 | PS4 | Out Now

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
nah u dont have to play nioh 1 1st...pt 2 has character creation if thats your thing

How big of a leap in quality of life improvements and shyt is part 2 from part 1? Like if I play part 2 first will it even be possible to play part 1 without the :scust:face. Think trying to go back to the first assassins creed after playing the second game.

FloorGeneral

I don't even know anymore...
Daps
Reppin
Packerland
should i remodel the splitstaff or let it scale witn magic which stat does it scale bettee with ? my courage is 99 im thinking of remodeling it to that
Yeah, you might as well remodel to courage if it's already at 99. Cap went up to 400 but you can't move anything past 99, so you have some leeway.

Side note: that Splitstaff is pretty dope. Gonna have to lab with it to get proper good, but I can tell I'm gonna like it just fine.

FloorGeneral

Daps
Reppin
Packerland
I'm level 319 now. I'm debating on if I should tackle the DLC under Dream of the Samurai or Dream of the strong first. Dream of Samurai would be a pushover but I'd get new enemy attack patterns.
I'm doing it on Strong, with LVL 1 weapons. Strong is fine to learn patterns IMO. If you're already over 300 you shouldn't die too fast. I did the entire first mission without dying (which is actually impressive because I seem to fall off maps at an alarming rate in this and the first game lol). I don't even bother using elixirs anymore either. Don't even have them equipped. Game gives you plenty of healing options.

I'm gonna go back and just run through the DLC on Samurai, then Demon and probably play through proper for the last region + DLC. We'll see. I co-op plenty too, so we'll be getting it in regardless.

Don Mack

All Star
Daps
Reppin
ATL
I'm doing it on Strong, with LVL 1 weapons. Strong is fine to learn patterns IMO. If you're already over 300 you shouldn't die too fast. I did the entire first mission without dying (which is actually impressive because I seem to fall off maps at an alarming rate in this and the first game lol). I don't even bother using elixirs anymore either. Don't even have them equipped. Game gives you plenty of healing options.

I'm gonna go back and just run through the DLC on Samurai, then Demon and probably play through proper for the last region + DLC. We'll see. I co-op plenty too, so we'll be getting it in regardless.

I did the first DLC stage on strong without dying once. After that I got too busy messing around in the scroll missions on way of demon expedition thenI figured out you have to beat the picture scroll by yourself to unlock them. Also spent the last hour soul matching with new level equipment and tempering effects.

Brief Keef

Superstar
Daps
Yeah, you might as well remodel to courage if it's already at 99. Cap went up to 400 but you can't move anything past 99, so you have some leeway.

Side note: that Splitstaff is pretty dope. Gonna have to lab with it to get proper good, but I can tell I'm gonna like it just fine.
yea i did that and now it can still scsle with magic but it got a little stronger...im overleved for the new region on the first difficulty but if i play way of the demon through the whole story again ill be overleveled regardless :stopitslime: they diff switched it up first mission tho twilight realm off the rip....and on top of that how am i gettin +8 +11 drops already in the first mission u know how long it took to get that in nioh 1

Brief Keef

Superstar
Daps
How big of a leap in quality of life improvements and shyt is part 2 from part 1? Like if I play part 2 first will it even be possible to play part 1 without the :scust:face. Think trying to go back to the first assassins creed after playing the second game.
just play pt 1 then...you go from 2 to 1 you gonna get smoked cuz 1 is harder...might as well get smoked the hard way...

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
just play pt 1 then...you go from 2 to 1 you gonna get smoked cuz 1 is harder...might as well get smoked the hard way...

I'm playing 1 now, this game isn't that hard just has a little bit of a curve(mainly cause your gear is trash). I'm overleveled mission level I'm on is level 19 I'm like level 34.

Brief Keef

Superstar
Daps
I'm playing 1 now, this game isn't that hard just has a little bit of a curve(mainly cause your gear is trash). I'm overleveled mission level I'm on is level 19 I'm like level 34.
you re running routes after shrines my boy ? :shaq: ....we'll see how u fare the rest of the way...see if you only doing main missions and not subs or just enough to unlock the nexy region...and there's still like 4 higher difficulties plus all the DLC...you got a long journey ahead my brotha

Don Mack

All Star
Daps
Reppin
ATL
What yall think of that new staff weapon? I'm still trying to get used to it. Seems like to get full use you need to unlock abilities from the skill tree especially combo extenders for attack strings.

Brief Keef

Superstar
Daps
What yall think of that new staff weapon? I'm still trying to get used to it. Seems like to get full use you need to unlock abilities from the skill tree especially combo extenders for attack strings.
pretty much sums it up

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
you re running routes after shrines my boy ? :shaq: ....we'll see how u fare the rest of the way...see if you only doing main missions and not subs or just enough to unlock the nexy region...and there's still like 4 higher difficulties plus all the DLC...you got a long journey ahead my brotha

Part of the reason I'm overleveled is because
1. I do all the side missions before I move on
2. I fight every revenant for they gear, anybodies Revenant can run my fade no matter how strong they are.

I offer any useless shyt up for more Amrita to level. That's how I jumped out so fast. Leveling in this game aint hard honestly, the levels are short and small and the shrines are always fairly close(at least so far) leveling up in Dark Souls takes much longer. I was level 12 before I finished the first mission at that village.

Brief Keef

Superstar
Daps
Part of the reason I'm overleveled is because
1. I do all the side missions before I move on
2. I fight every revenant for they gear, anybodies Revenant can run my fade no matter how strong they are.

I offer any useless shyt up for more Amrita to level. That's how I jumped out so fast. Leveling in this game aint hard honestly, the levels are short and small and the shrines are always fairly close(at least so far) leveling up in Dark Souls takes much longer. I was level 12 before I finished the first mission at that village.
welp have at it

FloorGeneral

Daps
Reppin
Packerland
I like it. Still not super comfortable with it, but I'm getting there. When the patch dropped before the DLC was out, you could play with the Staff in the Onmyo Dojo mission. So I was messing around with it, unlocking skill points. I ended up with 17 or some shyt. Then the DLC came out, and I saw that the proficiency built up too. I was already able to do the Samurai dojo mission, and with all them points unlock every active skill lol.

But yeah, I like it. A lot of nuance gonna go into when and when not to extend if you wanna get the most out of it. And it's flash attack is awesome when switching from another weapon. I had water on mine, with saturation on my weapon and both accessories, and one flash attack proc'd water on applicable enemies. So it's gonna be great for elemental buildup. I'll probably be running with a purity one a majority of the time.

Brief Keef

Superstar
Daps
I like it. Still not super comfortable with it, but I'm getting there. When the patch dropped before the DLC was out, you could play with the Staff in the Onmyo Dojo mission. So I was messing around with it, unlocking skill points. I ended up with 17 or some shyt. Then the DLC came out, and I saw that the proficiency built up too. I was already able to do the Samurai dojo mission, and with all them points unlock every active skill lol.

But yeah, I like it. A lot of nuance gonna go into when and when not to extend if you wanna get the most out of it. And it's flash attack is awesome when switching from another weapon. I had water on mine, with saturation on my weapon and both accessories, and one flash attack proc'd water on applicable enemies. So it's gonna be great for elemental buildup. I'll probably be running with a purity one a majority of the time.
yo breh when it comes to soul cores for guardian spirits do u go for balance between offense/defense or straight offense ?

FloorGeneral

Daps
Reppin
Packerland
@Brief Keef

I usually run with Feral & Brute so I can switch on the fly between the two depending on the enemy I'm facing. I keep Kasha on at all times, as I think it's got the best buff in the game (increased movement speed on amrita absorption). I love moving fast lol. So Kasha is always triangle core for me.

On my Feral (which is usually yellow bird for running speed +10%. BUT, that first one you get in DLC is nice. I'm running it at the moment), I have either Ippon or Waira on square. Ran with Ippon for a long while, and decided to switch it up. Ippon is good and quick, comes out fast and interrupts most enemies. Waira is dope. Does good ki damage. And my 3rd right now on X is Gaki. When Gaki bites enemy, amrita appears, triggering Kasha's movement speed buff, and also healing me, as I have life recovery (amrita absorption) on my chest piece and Yasakani.

On my Brute (right now I'm using the one that gives you +2.0 Anima, but I also like the first one there too with Melee Attack Ki Consumption -10%) I have Namahage on square and Yoki on X. Namahage comes out fast and will push most enemies around. Yoki will interrupt a large amount of attacks. So say I'm fighting Shuten Doji (dude that drinks out of a jug during fight). He does this fire hair whip where he whips around 4 times. Yoki core will stop that, though if you're not quick enough you may get hit once. Still, lets you stay on top of him. (This doesn't matter on Demon though, as they made his hair whip a burst attack)

I've used enki, dweller, the little floating heads, skeleton, wheelmonk, tengu and maybe a couple others. I'd like to get Aberrant (rocket shot) in somewhere as it comes out decently quick but recovery is super fast, and I wanna try Yamanba too, but I like my setup too much right now lol.

Two things that everyone should be aware of with yokai abilities (from cores):

1. it's a great way to get ki back. So say you're attacking an enemy, and find yourself low on ki, use an ability. Most are gonna hit the enemy, plus, while you're doing the actual ability, it doesn't use ki, so your ki bar is being regenerated, so when the ability is done, you can go right back to attacking. It let's you stay aggressive. That fast recovery of Aberrant is why I wanna work that in somewhere.

2. Most abilities that transform you* (think Ippon, Yoki, Namahage) will keep you from getting grabbed. So if you know a grab is coming, while using Feral to dodge (and I think Phantom timed properly will block) will both work, using a yokai ability that transforms you will work also.

*Please note that I have been grabbed while in Enki once (fighting Kasha), and today I was grabbed by DLC boss while in Waira. Still not sure how either of those happened, but be aware that outliers happen. Could be I was either coming out of the ability or late triggering it. Still have no idea. But it's never happened using Ippon, Yoki or Namahage.

Last edited: