Nioh 2 | PS4 | Out Now

Don Mack

All Star
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Feral is pretty much my go to because it saves me if I get winded or if I'm in an attack animation and I'm about to get hit by an unblockable attack or grab I just phase through it.

Brief Keef

Superstar
Daps
@Brief Keef

I usually run with Feral & Brute so I can switch on the fly between the two depending on the enemy I'm facing. I keep Kasha on at all times, as I think it's got the best buff in the game (increased movement speed on amrita absorption). I love moving fast lol. So Kasha is always triangle core for me.

On my Feral (which is usually yellow bird for running speed +10%. BUT, that first one you get in DLC is nice. I'm running it at the moment), I have either Ippon or Waira on square. Ran with Ippon for a long while, and decided to switch it up. Ippon is good and quick, comes out fast and interrupts most enemies. Waira is dope. Does good ki damage. And my 3rd right now on X is Gaki. When Gaki bites enemy, amrita appears, triggering Kasha's movement speed buff, and also healing me, as I have life recovery (amrita absorption) on my chest piece and Yasakani.

On my Brute (right now I'm using the one that gives you +2.0 Anima, but I also like the first one there too with Melee Attack Ki Consumption -10%) I have Namahage on square and Yoki on X. Namahage comes out fast and will push most enemies around. Yoki will interrupt a large amount of attacks. So say I'm fighting Shuten Doji (dude that drinks out of a jug during fight). He does this fire hair whip where he whips around 4 times. Yoki core will stop that, though if you're not quick enough you may get hit once. Still, lets you stay on top of him. (This doesn't matter on Demon though, as they made his hair whip a burst attack)

I've used enki, dweller, the little floating heads, skeleton, wheelmonk, tengu and maybe a couple others. I'd like to get Aberrant (rocket shot) in somewhere as it comes out decently quick but recovery is super fast, and I wanna try Yamanba too, but I like my setup too much right now lol.

Two things that everyone should be aware of with yokai abilities (from cores):

1. it's a great way to get ki back. So say you're attacking an enemy, and find yourself low on ki, use an ability. Most are gonna hit the enemy, plus, while you're doing the actual ability, it doesn't use ki, so your ki bar is being regenerated, so when the ability is done, you can go right back to attacking. It let's you stay aggressive. That fast recovery of Aberrant is why I wanna work that in somewhere.

2. Most abilities that transform you* (think Ippon, Yoki, Namahage) will keep you from getting grabbed. So if you know a grab is coming, while using Feral to dodge (and I think Phantom timed properly will block) will both work, using a yokai ability that transforms you will work also.

*Please note that I have been grabbed while in Enki once (fighting Kasha), and today I was grabbed by DLC boss while in Waira. Still not sure how either of those happened, but be aware that outliers happen. Could be I was either coming out of the ability or late triggering it. Still have no idea. But it's never happened using Ippon, Yoki or Namahage.
im not really trippin off their abilities cuz i maily use the last boss core u get when u beat the game (the one shot cheese one) but this gozuki/mezuki fight for this scroll i dont think i can do it breh :mjcry: by the time i get one of em to low health his bro appears and u gotta fight both at the same time

FloorGeneral

I don't even know anymore...
Daps
Reppin
Packerland
im not really trippin off their abilities cuz i maily use the last boss core u get when u beat the game (the one shot cheese one) but this gozuki/mezuki fight for this scroll i dont think i can do it breh :mjcry: by the time i get one of em to low health his bro appears and u gotta fight both at the same time
I can usually get Gozuki outta there pretty quick after Mezuki spawns. That's where the abilities can come in, cause I can use Waira to knock him out of ki then pummel him before Mezuki can really enter the fight. Otherwise just try and lure him away so you can finish him. As long as Mezuki doesn't do those burst charges across the map you should be able to do it.

FloorGeneral

Daps
Reppin
Packerland
Also, for those that don't know, in the DLC

There are 3 skills. Benkai (big monk with vase full of weapons) drops one, and Yoshytsune drops 2. One of the ones Yoshytsune drops is a Samurai Skill that can be equipped on every single weapon. It uses that little sword you have on your back.

Brief Keef

Superstar
Daps
I can usually get Gozuki outta there pretty quick after Mezuki spawns. That's where the abilities can come in, cause I can use Waira to knock him out of ki then pummel him before Mezuki can really enter the fight. Otherwise just try and lure him away so you can finish him. As long as Mezuki doesn't do those burst charges across the map you should be able to do it.
finally beat em....im so stubborn i tried to beat em with the splitstaff knowing its not as powerful as my tonfa (i forgot how deadly that shty is with the stats i got on it...i havent played this in so long i forgot i was working on a paralyze build) and i wasnt using my combos now im back wrecking shyt...im going thru the new difficulty cuz im too strong for the DLC region...i forgot how crazy the customization in this game is :wow: in the future i think ima gonna make a girl character and run with some weapons i never used...

FloorGeneral

Daps
Reppin
Packerland
Yeah, I play with all the weapons now, and love them all. I’ve gotten pretty good with all of them too. Tonfa still my A1 followed closely by Katana and Duals, but I can go to work with pretty much anything now. Slowly getting there with the Staff. That shyt is nice. Lotta potential in that weapon.

Brief Keef

Superstar
Daps
Yeah, I play with all the weapons now, and love them all. I’ve gotten pretty good with all of them too. Tonfa still my A1 followed closely by Katana and Duals, but I can go to work with pretty much anything now. Slowly getting there with the Staff. That shyt is nice. Lotta potential in that weapon.
we really forged in that nioh fire :wow: do you think they'll drop a 3rd? or after these dlc's this is it ?

Daps
Somebody gave me this game as a gift for my birthday last week, so when I finish Ghost of Tsushima I will play this, even though I didn't really like or finish Nioh 1, I am gonna give this one an honest try to at least finish it.
If you didn't like Nioh 1, which was :trash:, you won't like this. Same repetitive grind, unvaried enemies, dull environments and punishing difficulty. GoT is literally a GoTG-tier game. It stands a good chance of stealing GoTY honors this year. Nioh 2 isn't in the same universe.

:pachaha:

Brief Keef

Superstar
Daps
If you didn't like Nioh 1, which was :trash:, you won't like this. Same repetitive grind, unvaried enemies, dull environments and punishing difficulty. GoT is literally a GoTG-tier game. It stands a good chance of stealing GoTY honors this year. Nioh 2 isn't in the same universe.

it always one nikka

Brief Keef

Superstar
Daps
Do you honestly think there will be mass disagreement with saying GoT is >>>>>> Nioh 2?

:what:
idc bout that im talking bout when its a thread and everybody enjoying the game and some one random ass nikka comes out the cut saying the game is trash...like fukk is the point ?

FloorGeneral

Daps
Reppin
Packerland
we really forged in that nioh fire :wow: do you think they'll drop a 3rd? or after these dlc's this is it ?
You mean other weapons? I said before that when you looked at the weapon map, there was a spot for 3 more. Now there’s a spot for 2 more. I’m keeping my fingers crossed that we get 2 lol.
Do you honestly think there will be mass disagreement with saying GoT is >>>>>> Nioh 2?

:what:

That’s has a lot to do with factors other than the game itself though (marketing/hype/ease/etc). Not to mention how much everyone just loves open world games.

I seen some ppl in the GoT thread praising the combat, same ppl that would play Nioh and say it’s too ‘similar to Dark Souls’. When it comes to samurai themed games, the combat is my most important quality, and Nioh has spoiled games for me with how good it’s combat is. Nothing out there even comes close.

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps

I don't have a problem with the difficulty, honestly the game aint that hard but I plaged all the souls games and shyt so I'm used to it. You definitely have a point about the other things though. This is an alright game now that I've gotten deeper into it, but how many times do I have to backtrack to the same levels I been played a few times already to fight the same enemies. It is getting repetitive, which is why I'm also playing and finishing Octopath Traveler at the same time as this so I don't burn myself out on it.

Brief Keef

Superstar
Daps
Also, for those that don't know, in the DLC

There are 3 skills. Benkai (big monk with vase full of weapons) drops one, and Yoshytsune drops 2. One of the ones Yoshytsune drops is a Samurai Skill that can be equipped on every single weapon. It uses that little sword you have on your back.
i gotta fight them to get these ? i dont think ive seen one drop or was paying attention

Brief Keef

Superstar
Daps
You mean other weapons? I said before that when you looked at the weapon map, there was a spot for 3 more. Now there’s a spot for 2 more. I’m keeping my fingers crossed that we get 2 lol.

That’s has a lot to do with factors other than the game itself though (marketing/hype/ease/etc). Not to mention how much everyone just loves open world games.

I seen some ppl in the GoT thread praising the combat, same ppl that would play Nioh and say it’s too ‘similar to Dark Souls’. When it comes to samurai themed games, the combat is my most important quality, and Nioh has spoiled games for me with how good it’s combat is. Nothing out there even comes close.
nah im talking bout a 3rd nioh game