Nioh 2 | PS4 | Out Now

Don Mack

All Star
Daps
Reppin
ATL
This game is hard. I keep having to summon NPCs for help. Much harder than Dark Souls for sure.

It’s mainly cause there are too many stats to focus and the new soul core mechanic. Too complicated for its own good

They’re pretty much identical but with a few new twists. If you enjoyed the first you will love it. They kept everything the same and tweaked some of the weapons. The environments and everything else is exactly the same

You should build your stats based on your playstyle. There's several guides on youtube. For me I always play the same type character in Souls type games, A tank character with heavy armor focused on melee.

FloorGeneral

I don't even know anymore...
Daps
Reppin
Packerland
So DLC comes out tonight (YAY!). BUT, they dropped a patch, and there's some new stuff.

There are now 'Scrolls' you can equip. You have to get them as a random drop (from bosses, or, there is a new section in the Expedition mode that you can join ppls games and you can get a random drop from them as well), then purify them to equip them. In order to purify them, you have to play a mission, which each scroll has a different one. For instance, the scroll I got, you have to beat Azai, then Shibata. After they're purified, they have one locked stat, and 2 unlocked ones. Each scroll has a number of attempts that you can play the mission, and essentially re-roll one of the unlocked stats. Once those attempts are used up, you can use another scroll to 'soul match', or there is a new kind of incense that will fill your attempts backup. It's pretty nifty. And I've already seen one NEW roll (though it was in N1).

The new weapon. If you go into any of the Dojo Missions, you can mess around with the Splitstaff (I've been running the magic one, Nine Symbols, as you can practice on Onyudo, Mitzume and then Onryoki. AND, you gain skill points. You do NOT gain proficiency, as that weapon isn't listed in the status screen, but I'm pretty sure you get to keep the points. And you gain them quick too.

Don't think the official patch notes are out yet, but they did change some attack scaling (especially in regards to Tengen (NICE)) which will piss alot of ppl off, as there are plenty of ppl running around with stupid damage builds at the moment. But it had to be done, because some of the scaling was ridiculous.

Brief Keef

Superstar
Daps
So DLC comes out tonight (YAY!). BUT, they dropped a patch, and there's some new stuff.

There are now 'Scrolls' you can equip. You have to get them as a random drop (from bosses, or, there is a new section in the Expedition mode that you can join ppls games and you can get a random drop from them as well), then purify them to equip them. In order to purify them, you have to play a mission, which each scroll has a different one. For instance, the scroll I got, you have to beat Azai, then Shibata. After they're purified, they have one locked stat, and 2 unlocked ones. Each scroll has a number of attempts that you can play the mission, and essentially re-roll one of the unlocked stats. Once those attempts are used up, you can use another scroll to 'soul match', or there is a new kind of incense that will fill your attempts backup. It's pretty nifty. And I've already seen one NEW roll (though it was in N1).

The new weapon. If you go into any of the Dojo Missions, you can mess around with the Splitstaff (I've been running the magic one, Nine Symbols, as you can practice on Onyudo, Mitzume and then Onryoki. AND, you gain skill points. You do NOT gain proficiency, as that weapon isn't listed in the status screen, but I'm pretty sure you get to keep the points. And you gain them quick too.

Don't think the official patch notes are out yet, but they did change some attack scaling (especially in regards to Tengen (NICE)) which will piss alot of ppl off, as there are plenty of ppl running around with stupid damage builds at the moment. But it had to be done, because some of the scaling was ridiculous.
what's the point of these scrolls shyt sound confusing...im not tryna learn this all over again :why:

FloorGeneral

I don't even know anymore...
Daps
Reppin
Packerland
lol they’re like another accessory. Gives you more affixes to have equipped. I’ll admit that these scrolls are a bit confusing to get down. And it’s not like the game is great at explaining things either. Luckily I’m good at figuring these things out, so if anyone needs help, I’ll do my best lol.

Another thing I’ll say, is they need to really ramp the difficulty up with all these extra things they’re giving us. I’m probably gonna go into the DLC and DotD with level 1 weapons because 160s kill too fast.

Don Mack

All Star
Daps
Reppin
ATL
I'm still not understanding the scrolls. It says I have two in a circle next to twilight missions on the map but when I try to equip them it says I havent beaten whatever to equip them yet and I've beaten some of those scroll missions over 5 times.

Brief Keef

Superstar
Daps
lol they’re like another accessory. Gives you more affixes to have equipped. I’ll admit that these scrolls are a bit confusing to get down. And it’s not like the game is great at explaining things either. Luckily I’m good at figuring these things out, so if anyone needs help, I’ll do my best lol.

Another thing I’ll say, is they need to really ramp the difficulty up with all these extra things they’re giving us. I’m probably gonna go into the DLC and DotD with level 1 weapons because 160s kill too fast.
well u already know im max level so im not showin no remorse to these new yokai...i hope at least in this one orange armor is easier to get

Brief Keef

Superstar
Daps
This game is hard. I keep having to summon NPCs for help. Much harder than Dark Souls for sure.

It’s mainly cause there are too many stats to focus and the new soul core mechanic. Too complicated for its own good

They’re pretty much identical but with a few new twists. If you enjoyed the first you will love it. They kept everything the same and tweaked some of the weapons. The environments and everything else is exactly the same
:scust:

Don Mack

All Star
Daps
Reppin
ATL
I'm level 319 now. I'm debating on if I should tackle the DLC under Dream of the Samurai or Dream of the strong first. Dream of Samurai would be a pushover but I'd get new enemy attack patterns.

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
@Brief Keef should I play Nioh 1 before I play this or skip straight to Nioh 2? Is it like Dark Souls where the games are only loosely connected?

Brief Keef

Superstar
Daps

should i remodel the splitstaff or let it scale witn magic which stat does it scale bettee with ? my courage is 99 im thinking of remodeling it to that