Nioh 2 | PS4 | Out Now

FloorGeneral

I don't even know anymore...
Daps
Reppin
Packerland
I don’t know how ppl struggle with the snake. I beat in my 2nd try in the beta and first try final game. In beta I had much more trouble with Kamaitachi.

FloorGeneral

Daps
Reppin
Packerland
Ninja gaiden rebooted mmmmmmm

Just started

Beat that entry level mini boss asap

And beat that first stage boss ass. They give you to many gimmicks against these bosses now though. Hopefully u need them

Meh, they kinda dumbed down the game a couple patches ago for the casuals. The real ones are hoping they spike it back up for the DLCs. Burst Counter is really fun though and can get you out of jams once you remember to use it consistently.

Also, watching your first two fights, two observations: living in high stance is straight casual mode, so learn how to change stances. Dodging in low is what you wanna do, takes less ki than mid and high. And learn to ki pulse: R1 when your ki bar is white. It'll instantly give you that ki back. Let's you play much more aggressively. After that, learn to flux and double flux. That's too advanced for you at the moment though :mjgrin:

Of course if you wanna be casual, you can disregard the last paragraph :hubie:

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Meh, they kinda dumbed down the game a couple patches ago for the casuals. The real ones are hoping they spike it back up for the DLCs. Burst Counter is really fun though and can get you out of jams once you remember to use it consistently.

Also, watching your first two fights, two observations: living in high stance is straight casual mode, so learn how to change stances. Dodging in low is what you wanna do, takes less ki than mid and high. And learn to ki pulse: R1 when your ki bar is white. It'll instantly give you that ki back. Let's you play much more aggressively. After that, learn to flux and double flux. That's too advanced for you at the moment though :mjgrin:

Of course if you wanna be casual, you can disregard the last paragraph :hubie:

I like damage and big swords so I'll probably use the tactics that suit the moment. One on one high guard. Multiple opponents medium and at the moment I have no need for low guard.

FloorGeneral

Daps
Reppin
Packerland
I like damage and big swords so I'll probably use the tactics that suit the moment. One on one high guard. Multiple opponents medium and at the moment I have no need for low guard.
You're gimping yourself, but hey, to each his own :yeshrug: That's the beauty of this game: so many different ways you can play. However, there's so much depth to the combat that limiting yourself is just...blah to me.

I saw you playing with the Odachi. lol man, that weapon is damn near OP. When you unlock Bolting Boar, the real fun begins. I should post a video of what you can do with that skill lol. It's absurd.

Draje

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You're gimping yourself, but hey, to each his own :yeshrug: That's the beauty of this game: so many different ways you can play. However, there's so much depth to the combat that limiting yourself is just...blah to me.

I saw you playing with the Odachi. lol man, that weapon is damn near OP. When you unlock Bolting Boar, the real fun begins. I should post a video of what you can do with that skill lol. It's absurd.

Human enemies get fukking destroyed by BB and it’s awesome.

FloorGeneral

Daps
Reppin
Packerland
So Patch 1.09 came out overnight, and in addition to lots of fixes and tweaks, it includes 8 free missions (9, if you wanna count a twilight), a new/old Guardian Spirit and smithing text for an armor set. The Guardian returns from Nioh 1, and you have to do one of the missions to get it. The Smithing Text for Armor is very similar to the pre-order only Demon Horde Armor (mid-armor type weight with heavy armor type toughness), except it has no set bonus and no locked abilities. So it's a blank slate.

Also, they introduced a new photo mode that will let you do alot of cool stuff with pictures. Not something I'm overly interested in, but it's there for those that are.

Also, according to this link, the date for the first DLC is July 30th. So yeah, lots of new goodies for us Nioh brehs.

Woodrow

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just started my NG+ run. Began the game using the odachi + switchglave exclusively, but now the kusurigama is my most leveled-up weapon and I’m starting to learn how to use the spear + dual katanas.

Game is so dope.

Katsuie Shibata tho...

That 2nd fight, Jesus. I died more against that big, speedy, cheap-shot gawd than at any other point in the game. Hell, the rest of the game felt easy after I burned through over 75+ elixirs trying to beat Katsuie. Killed Kashin Koji on my second try and Otakemaru on my first.

katsuie tho????

:mjcry:

FloorGeneral

Daps
Reppin
Packerland
lol believe it or not, Shibata was way worse. They had to nerf him because he was such a bytch. His grab in particular was hell to avoid. I think they nerfed him way too much, but it’s whatever. Still hoping they buff everything back up in higher difficulties.

And yeah, I highly recommend ppl try and play with all the weapons. I stuck to just 3 in first game (Sword/Duals and once i got my hands on Tonfa it was a wrap). But in this game, they actually give you incentive to play with other weapons, and I realized what an idiot I was by ignoring them throughout the first game. Every weapon is viable, and getting comfortable with multiple weapons really adds to the game IMO.

Woodrow

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
lol believe it or not, Shibata was way worse. They had to nerf him because he was such a bytch. His grab in particular was hell to avoid. I think they nerfed him way too much, but it’s whatever. Still hoping they buff everything back up in higher difficulties.

And yeah, I highly recommend ppl try and play with all the weapons. I stuck to just 3 in first game (Sword/Duals and once i got my hands on Tonfa it was a wrap). But in this game, they actually give you incentive to play with other weapons, and I realized what an idiot I was by ignoring them throughout the first game. Every weapon is viable, and getting comfortable with multiple weapons really adds to the game IMO.

I feel exactly the same way about the weapons. I got nice with odachi + switchglave and didn’t want to invest the time or skill points in trying to level up with anything else. But once I saw how much damage you can pile up quickly with the kusurigama after learning a few skills, I changed my approach.

looks like dual blades has that same kind of max damage potential. And they’re soooooooooo much faster than any weapon I’m used to using (kusurigama is fast too, but has that weird hitch at the start of attacks that you have to account for when going in for a combo). So now I’m just trying to see what the other weapons offer!

:merchant: at what you said about Katsuie. He was beating my ass like I owed a debt, lol. And then when you have to fight him again in the smaller room?!?!

:gucci::hhh::sadcam:

Not gonna lie though. Looking forward to seeing how much tougher he is on NG+. So far the new mode doesn’t feel very difficult at all. Bigger health bars on the enemies, but nothing that feels too challenging.

i fukking hate blue yoki though. I’m sure they’ll be popping up in greater numbers soon.

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
Somebody gave me this game as a gift for my birthday last week, so when I finish Ghost of Tsushima I will play this, even though I didn't really like or finish Nioh 1, I am gonna give this one an honest try to at least finish it.

Daps
Reppin
This game is hard. I keep having to summon NPCs for help. Much harder than Dark Souls for sure.

It’s mainly cause there are too many stats to focus and the new soul core mechanic. Too complicated for its own good

How is this compared to the first?

They’re pretty much identical but with a few new twists. If you enjoyed the first you will love it. They kept everything the same and tweaked some of the weapons. The environments and everything else is exactly the same