NintenGOAT Switch is now the best-selling console of 2021 in both units sold and revenue

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I bought a Switch on Black Friday and I love it. :yeshrug:

I got it for SMTV. I mostly been playing JRPGs, and there are a lot of great ones on Switch that arent on PlayStation.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I wonder how the steamdeck will do eventually. Being able to play forza, halo, god of war, Elden ring, and Uncharted etc etc. on a handheld is going to get a lot of attention.

Tim Lord

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Not sure if its been said in this thread already but…the Nintendo Switch is not a console. Its a handheld with some TV out functionality.

They have a whole sku that doesn’t even ‘switch’ or connect to a TV/monitor. They released a brand new sku that only improved its handheld functionality.

The exclusively handheld sku sells a lot and contributes a significant amount to its sales in units and dollar amount.

Switch shouldn’t be compared to Playstation or Xbox. Its really in its own league until the Steam Deck launches.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Not sure if its been said in this thread already but…the Nintendo Switch is not a console. Its a handheld with some TV out functionality.

They have a whole sku that doesn’t even ‘switch’ or connect to a TV/monitor. They released a brand new sku that only improved its handheld functionality.

The exclusively handheld sku sells a lot and contributes a significant amount to its sales in units and dollar amount.

Switch shouldn’t be compared to Playstation or Xbox. Its really in its own league until the Steam Deck launches.

Most of us already know this but for console war purposes its winning the war.

It’s pretty much the new iteration of the DS/Gameboy that comes with a USB dock.

Hersh

Superstar
Daps
Sony and Xbox need to drop a handheld.. undercut the switch lite and give it game pass and whatever Sony is working on.. and it should do numbers...give me my royalties

Bubba T

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Sony and Xbox need to drop a handheld.. undercut the switch lite and give it game pass and whatever Sony is working on.. and it should do numbers...give me my royalties

Microsoft’s whole shift to cloud gaming is supposed to bypass that…play games on your own device, no dedicated console needed.

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030

been calling it a handheld since launch, but people in the switch thread before launch / lite reveal calld me crazy.

handhelds was always the lane Nintendo dominated, so this move after they merged divisions wasn't surprising.

Animal House

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Damn and here I was hoping Nintendo would drop another console :francis:

The switch runs it’s own exclusive’s so shytty:hhh:

But hey as long as the sheep are still alive they won’t change shyt up

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Damn and here I was hoping Nintendo would drop another console :francis:

The switch runs it’s own exclusive’s so shytty:hhh:

But hey as long as the sheep are still alive they won’t change shyt up

Metroid dread having long ass loading screens and horrible framerates depending on what room you’re in is a joke within itself.

whpg56q3t2w71.gif

as46sas2t2w71.gif

klerpr55t2w71.gif

w6z3w8r1t2w71.gif

even the loading screens have dropped frames

Last edited:

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI

Most switch games look like shyt on my 4k TV so it gets used exclusively as a handheld. Only mario kart, odyssey, and smash bros seem to upscale decently when docked, every other game I've played look and runs noticeably worse on a TV.

I've said it before but it was a missed opportunity not having hardware built into the dock itself to help with performance.