Nintendo's new $199 "Switch Lite" can't actually switch....

Zebruh

The Illustrious
Supporter
Daps
Ight breh, you obv just want to be right. They system was called a switch for a reason. Switch lite takes away all those reasons. ALL. It wasnt something simple like turning off 3d

And yet its still a Switch.:gucci:

Just a little...lite on the features and price. :shaq:

But in all honesty, this shyt is a non-issue because if you want the full experience you can go buy the $300 console that they will still be selling. Some people don't game on TV, Nintendo tryna get in their pockets if they haven't already. Don't really get the backlash here.

parallax

Superstar
Daps
And yet its still a Switch.:gucci:

Just a little...lite on the features and price. :shaq:

But in all honesty, this shyt is a non-issue because if you want the full experience you can go buy the $300 console that they will still be selling. Some people don't game on TV, Nintendo tryna get in their pockets if they haven't already. Don't really get the backlash here.

it was never required to play on tv. you could always play in portable mode or completely docked if that was your perrogative

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
it was never required to play on tv. you could always play in portable mode or completely docked if that was your perrogative

you right, just like you could literally never slide the 3D slider on the 3DS and you'd essentially have the 2DS..but they trying to line pockets, and the market is there..and having it cheaper like the 2DS was when it dropped will attract people who don't want to spend 300 on a reg switch

parallax

Superstar
Daps
you right, just like you could literally never slide the 3D slider on the 3DS and you'd essentially have the 2DS..but they trying to line pockets, and the market is there..and having it cheaper like the 2DS was when it dropped will attract people who don't want to spend 300 on a reg switch

what gaming functionality is lost from losing the 3d slider? last i checked there were no games that were enhanced by using the 3d as it was mostly a gimmick. hell most modern games have dropped it completely. but the switch was being sold as a portable console with functional coop that could be played anywhere. now its just the vita 2(not that thats a bad thing)

Zebruh

The Illustrious
Supporter
Daps

I know. I play mine docked and undocked a good amount. I enjoy playing certain shyt at the crib, and I like taking it to work with me or when traveling. Some people may have passed before at $300. Dropping the price down with some removed features may pique the interest of those who initially passed and are interested in just the portable side of the console. That's all I'm saying. Nintendo ain't new to this.

parallax

Superstar
Daps
I know. I play mine docked and undocked a good amount. I enjoy playing certain shyt at the crib, and I like taking it to work with me or when traveling. Some people may have passed before at $300. Dropping the price down with some removed features may pique the interest of those who initially passed and are interested in just the portable side of the console. That's all I'm saying. Nintendo ain't new to this.

My issue is that usually with Nintendo revisions you may get a streamlined version of a product, but you won't lose functionality. No tv out seems like a major loss, especially if you could still use joycons with it. Unless there's a dock that you can buy separately, this feels as backward as Nintendo adding region locks to the 3ds

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
what gaming functionality is lost from losing the 3d slider? last i checked there were no games that were enhanced by using the 3d as it was mostly a gimmick. hell most modern games have dropped it completely. but the switch was being sold as a portable console with functional coop that could be played anywhere. now its just the vita 2(not that thats a bad thing)

3D land with hidden boxes could be found easier with 3D on. A few other games link Link Between Worlds also used it to find some hidden stuff easier. No game needed it out right, but it was utilized in some games beyond eye candy.

and their new trailer still promotes playing coop anywhere* They even showed 1-2 switch, one of the games that require detached joycons.

My issue is that usually with Nintendo revisions you may get a streamlined version of a product, but you won't lose functionality. No tv out seems like a major loss, especially if you could still use joycons with it. Unless there's a dock that you can buy separately, this feels as backward as Nintendo adding region locks to the 3ds

DSi you lost GBA support, and a few DS games did utilize the slot

Wii Mini lost GC support as well, online and didn't even have the onboard memory the Wii had

so nintendo isn't new to stripping down.

parallax

Superstar
Daps
3D land with hidden boxes could be found easier with 3D on. A few other games link Link Between Worlds also used it to find some hidden stuff easier. No game needed it out right, but it was utilized in some games beyond eye candy.

and their new trailer still promotes playing coop anywhere* They even showed 1-2 switch, one of the games that require detached joycons.

Coop anywhere as long as you have another set of controllers. If that's the case they might as well have kept the tv out function

Zebruh

The Illustrious
Supporter
Daps

No TV out...isn't a loss...if you don't plan on playing on TV at all. :mindblown:

If you wanna play on TV get a reggy deggy Switch.

If you only wanna play portable, get the Lite.

This not an issue dawg. The people still have a choice.

parallax

Superstar
Daps
No TV out...isn't a loss...if you don't plan on playing on TV at all. :mindblown:

If you wanna play on TV get a reggy deggy Switch.

If you only wanna play portable, get the Lite.

This not an issue dawg. The people still have a choice.

And if one day you decide that you wanna hook it up to the TV because you have friends over or something, you don't have the option. The dude with the classic switch can still do portable only if he chooses, but on the off chance he wants to do the view he has it. It's not about whether someone wants to do one or the other because the choice always existed. But now an initial advertised function is completely removed in a revision.

Why-Fi

gnap
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
gnap
now ditch the indies and bring on a library that compares to 3ds and we’re in business

CookisaCac

I aint lyrical
Daps
two things wrong with your argument...
1 considering the millions of people that bought 3ds the fact that you’ve never personally seen 3D being used means absolutely nothing
2 if it did mean anything, the same can probably be said for folks who never dock their switches
The 2ds is the same system without the 3d

Switch lite is not the same. Switch games play/run different when docked and you now can't detach for multiplayer. How are you not understanding that?