Nintendo's new $199 "Switch Lite" can't actually switch....

Why-Fi

gnap
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
gnap
The 2ds is the same system without the 3d

Switch lite is not the same. Switch games play/run different when docked and you now can't detach for multiplayer. How are you not understanding that?
i meant what I said I but I didn’t feel like bickering so I changed my post while you were replying

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
Why cant it be docked?

:dwillhuh:

That's not space consuming hardware preventing it from being slimmer.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
this is a bit underwhelming...it actually looks pretty much like the fanmade mock-ups from almost a year ago...and those 3 colors are absolutely ass...should’ve went w/ turquoise...red and black

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Another slightly disappointing detail is that the Switch Lite only supports games that work in handheld mode, so forget about playing titles like Super Mario Party on the new system.

@Deltron I think this is the main difference between 2DS/3DS and this. Afaik there’s no games you CAN’T play on both DS systems. I could be mistaken tho

Zebruh

The Illustrious
Supporter
Daps
And if one day you decide that you wanna hook it up to the TV because you have friends over or something, you don't have the option. The dude with the classic switch can still do portable only if he chooses, but on the off chance he wants to do the view he has it. It's not about whether someone wants to do one or the other because the choice always existed. But now an initial advertised function is completely removed in a revision.

The dude who picks up the Switch Lite probably isn't pressed for TV functionality, or they'd pick up the regular Switch.

Would it be nice if the choice was there? Sure. But do we really think this is for anybody outside of the mobile/handheld gaming market??? Let's be real here. Do we think Nintendo is dropping a handheld version of the Switch to pique the interest of traditional console gamers who have been consuming this product since inception??? Or do you think this is an attempt at grabbing more of the mobile/handheld gaming market that may not have liked the $300 price point??

Because if you know the answer to that, you know why this exists and all these hypothetical situations where mobile gamers suddenly wanna game on TV goes away.

Brief Keef

Superstar
Daps
this is a bit underwhelming...it actually looks pretty much like the fanmade mock-ups from almost a year ago...and those 3 colors are absolutely ass...should’ve went w/ turquoise...red and black
streets waitin for that pink one :lolbron:

The Wolf Among You

Superstar
Daps

It’s the cheaper model, it’s not supposed to be of better value than the higher priced option.
This targets children and handheld only gamers(On the fence 3ds fans).

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It’s the cheaper model, it’s not supposed to be of better value than the higher priced option.
This targets children and handheld only gamers(On the fence 3ds fans).

perhaps that’s why I didn’t say anything about that

I spoke about the look (design) and the color

that’s like me saying “wow it’s hot today”

and your response is “no...but the sun is yellow”

you’re right but it has nothing to do w/ my point

I was actually excited about the idea of a switch lite...but I was expecting a better looking device

I don’t think it’s wrong to want a cool looking handheld device...that’s part of the appeal

Last edited:

parallax

Superstar
Daps
The dude who picks up the Switch Lite probably isn't pressed for TV functionality, or they'd pick up the regular Switch.

Would it be nice if the choice was there? Sure. But do we really think this is for anybody outside of the mobile/handheld gaming market??? Let's be real here. Do we think Nintendo is dropping a handheld version of the Switch to pique the interest of traditional console gamers who have been consuming this product since inception??? Or do you think this is an attempt at grabbing more of the mobile/handheld gaming market that may not have liked the $300 price point??

Because if you know the answer to that, you know why this exists and all these hypothetical situations where mobile gamers suddenly wanna game on TV goes away.

why would a mobile gamer pick up any switch variation? unless nintendo plans on releasing its mobile games on the switch, theres nothing there for them. the people that are for handhelds have probably already picked up a switch.

ExodusNirvana

Change is inevitable...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Glad a bought an OG Switch a few weeks ago

Waiting for the the hack for patched 5.1 units...will just play Pokemon without connecting to the net for now :mjgrin:

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
why would a mobile gamer pick up any switch variation? unless nintendo plans on releasing its mobile games on the switch, theres nothing there for them. the people that are for handhelds have probably already picked up a switch.

since they're releasing pokemon variants they're aimming for kids.

Parents are def. gonna pick it up like when they released the 2DS Pokemon bundle.

They'll no doubt start releasing similar bundles in a year or two.

My nephew got a tablet, and if my sis gave the okay, I'd cop him the new lite switch to get him more into non mobile gaming.

OJ Simpsom

Banned
Daps
nikkas complaining the Lite is handheld only. Cheap ass mufukkas can't afford a regular Switch.:umad: