Nintendo Switch Official Thread

SNG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nintendo could of atleast made it on par with xbox one power wise since that's not saying much. The fact it's not on the level of ps4 and xbox one makes me think this is more of a 3ds successor with it being slightly better than the wii u akin to the gamecube and wii graphically. I think this will definitely do well in Japan not sure about other markets. The key for nintendo is to price the switch right. I'm thinking it's coming out the gate at 299 because it's portable and a console.

ball15life

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The unknown
(all of this from reddit)

Different settings for docked / portable Switch modes spotted in Unreal Engine 4 - Nintendo Everything

"A file in Unreal Engine 4’s master branch shows names for Switch, SwitchConsole and SwitchHandheld. As the developer points out, “the SwitchConsole settings are a notch lower than the UE4 defaults used on PC, PS4 and XB1.” It’s thought that the settings “serve as a good starting point to get a PS4/XB1 UE4 game to run acceptably on the Switch"

sounds like there's nothing to really be worried about after all

PikaDaDon

Thunderbolt Them Suckers
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That list had me until Super Mario Switcharoo. Like c'mon now.:mjlol:

Everyones laughing at that name but it's a perfect fit when you think about it.

Anyway, Overwatch and Tales of Berseria is coming over which is good news to me. Pokemon Sun/Moon HD (Stars) sounds like a great idea.

Yooooo I can't contain my excitement. I'm going to scream like a bytch.

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
Nintendo could of atleast made it on par with xbox one power wise since that's not saying much. The fact it's not on the level of ps4 and xbox one makes me think this is more of a 3ds successor with it being slightly better than the wii u akin to the gamecube and wii graphically. I think this will definitely do well in Japan not sure about other markets. The key for nintendo is to price the switch right. I'm thinking it's coming out the gate at 299 because it's portable and a console.
It's not possible to get Xbox one performance in what is essentially a portable device with a dock right now.

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
It's not possible to get Xbox one performance in what is essentially a portable device with a dock right now.
I don't think that it's impossible. They need to stay within reason though in terms of production costs. If the console costs too much to produce, then the cost on the market will be high and the console will be DOA. It needs to stay affordable. Especially now that the One S and PS4 Slim regularly go for $250 or less bundled with a top AAA title

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
I don't think that it's impossible. They need to stay within reason though in terms of production costs. If the console costs too much to produce, then the cost on the market will be high and the console will be DOA. It needs to stay affordable. Especially now that the One S and PS4 Slim regularly go for $250 or less bundled with a top AAA title
There is no way they get that kind of performance in a portable that doesn't take more power man. It's just not possible right now.

The only way around it is to make it even BIGGER and have a massive battery inside. At that point it will basically be a laptop.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Exactly. Maybe if they split processing power into the dock but not out of the portable by itself.

ball15life

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The unknown
Random things LKR Confirmed on Reddit (copy/paste from a couple articles)...she has a really good track record of leaking things...might as well mark most of this as confirmed

She reveals that the little button located in the left joycon is indeed a "share" button
She says that Rockstar doesn't trust Nintendo meaning that they will probably not port Red Dead Redemption
She said don't expect any delays, The Switch is for sure coming out in March.
Joy-Con will be sold on release date. Pro controller not included with the system, you have to buy them separately.
3 hours max battery life if you continuously play a game is what she has heard. What she says next I think was just speculation, but she says that if the settings are turned down for portable mode, it will probably last longer than 3 hours. However, however much to turn down the settings for portable mode will be up to the devs, not the user
You can charge it quickly using the USB port

She says to expect 3 Virtual Console GameCube games at launch.
GameCube games at original resolution
Only gray color Switch at launch
She says that different color Joy-Cons are possible
Right Joy-Con has a IR pointer
You can buy Joy-Cons separately, available day one
She says to not expect the new Mass Effect Andromeda for the Switch
She has heard 720p resolution for the screen
The Switch is not using friend codes

The Switch has Bluetooth
No extra docks within the first six months. The docks are not gonna be expensive
The Switch Entry Bundle is 32 Gb. micro SD supports 128 gb
There will be a version available at or under $300

tumblr_inline_o3pqt1xPi91rin4u6_540.jpg

Splatoon and Mario Kart are enhanced ports. Mario Kart is a very enhanced port, and the Smash port has minimal enhancements.

Has heard of two third party exclusives, one being Mario X Rabbids, and expects at least three third party exclusives at launch
Laura says that the initial VC will 100% be a disappointment in terms of raw volume of titles. She also says to expect and upgrade fee again.
She says that the new Mario game will be showed off, named, and playable at the event and will be a day 1 launch game.

Laura says there will be at least one new IP announced at the event
Fully expects undocked games to run better than Wii U games
Says a few times she is confident about custom joy-cons being a thing. Also on the topic of joy-cons, she has every reason to believe that it will have the advanced vibration that she reported on in August. She also says they will be charged via joy-con grip and will have about a 5 hour battery life.

Laura says that she has heard nothing about 4G capabilities
She says she's 1200% sure it will have a touch screen.
Says she expects the Pro controller to have basic gyro controls
She Enthusiastically says it's region free!
Says there will be an achievement system