Nintendo Switch Official Thread

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan

Same thing I been saying. Nintendo has a track record of about 21 years of mediocrity. No I'm not saying that they haven't done anything good in the last 21 years but over all if you add up the sum of them it's been pretty mediocre. Their systems have been plagued with the same problems long droughts of first party support and after launch heavy third party abandonment. Many of the major players at this point don't even take Nintendo seriously.

Lastly with the exception of the Wii and DS just about every Nintendo system in that last 21 years has managed to sell less than it's predecessor. Their core audience is dwindling and while they should be commended for maximizing the dollars on that dwindling audience it still doesn't change the fact that generation after generation the number of people looking to buy their systems mostly declines.

People make excuses for the Wii U. It wasn't marketed right and other BS. Tell me this, the PS3 struggled initially but in the end it managed to recover and it passed even the Xbox 360 in sales. Why couldn't the Wii U recover? It's clearly not an impossible task for a system to struggle out of the gate but recover later. Also the Wii was the best selling console of it's generation so why was it the first to be abandoned by the manufacture? The previous best the PS2 continued to see support well into the following generation.

For every smart move they make there's a level of incompetence Nintendo shows that people don't want to seem to admit. Nintendo is Cassidy, can drop hot bars and make a hot song but when it comes to putting together a complete album the results speak for themselves.

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
Same thing I been saying. Nintendo has a track record of about 21 years of mediocrity. No I'm not saying that they haven't done anything good in the last 21 years but over all if you add up the sum of them it's been pretty mediocre. Their systems have been plagued with the same problems long droughts of first party support and after launch heavy third party abandonment. Many of the major players at this point don't even take Nintendo seriously.

Lastly with the exception of the Wii and DS just about every Nintendo system in that last 21 years has managed to sell less than it's predecessor. Their core audience is dwindling and while they should be commended for maximizing the dollars on that dwindling audience it still doesn't change the fact that generation after generation the number of people looking to buy their systems mostly declines.

People make excuses for the Wii U. It wasn't marketed right and other BS. Tell me this, the PS3 struggled initially but in the end it managed to recover and it passed even the Xbox 360 in sales. Why couldn't the Wii U recover? It's clearly not an impossible task for a system to struggle out of the gate but recover later. Also the Wii was the best selling console of it's generation so why was it the first to be abandoned by the manufacture? The previous best the PS2 continued to see support well into the following generation.

For every smart move they make there's a level of incompetence Nintendo shows that people don't want to seem to admit. Nintendo is Cassidy, can drop hot bars and make a hot song but when it comes to putting together a complete album the results speak for themselves.

:wow:

I thought people stopped making excuses for the Wii U when 2015 hit..

Nintendo didn't have the sauce to turn the Wii U around like Sony did the PS3. Also the PS3 was comparable to the competition and had enough things going for. Nintendo didn't have what Sony had..

I mean shyt the Wii started dying off by 09-10 if I remember correctly. This is also around the time when PS360 were starting to hit their stride.

But yeah anyone could see the Wii U was gonna be trash. shyt I still remember those Wii U speculation threads :whew:
That cycle of hope to hype to wtf nintendo to acceptance :skip:

They tried to be too clever with the name "We You." I mean shyt the Wii name was tainted as hell by the time 2012 hits. How many people still even have their Wii's out and not in a closet by that point. So you can't even name the damn thing Wii2. Then it was basically PS360 level after nearing a decade of PS360level hardware, coming out a year before real next gen consoles.

shyt was just an unappealing console. Like Nintendo was trying to appeal more to japan then people outside of japan.

This switch better not be above $300. Hell and if this PS4 $250 is made permanent.. then it better not be near $250 either. Or they had better pack in a game worth playing.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Tell me this, the PS3 struggled initially but in the end it managed to recover and it passed even the Xbox 360 in sales. Why couldn't the Wii U recover?

Their systems have been plagued with the same problems long droughts of first party support and after launch heavy third party abandonment

The Wii U costed as much as a PS4/X1 at the time yet had nothing standout besides some classic titles that came out within a span of almost a year or so apart with nothing in between.