Nintendo Switch Official Thread

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
I was hoping for a level similar to/slightly under the XB1. It's slightly weaker than I had hoped but it's not the Wii U. It can run Unreal Engine 4, which is something that held back the Wii U. We haven't heard anything negative though in terms of developing for it though, unlike the Wii U where we heard nothing positive in terms of developing for it

Daps
I suppose the 8 hours of portable gameplay without compromised performance as a handheld had to bring about at least one sacrifice, hopefully the price point will be fair and 3rd parties stick around.

Kingshango

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
I was hoping for a level similar to/slightly under the XB1. It's slightly weaker than I had hoped but it's not the Wii U. It can run Unreal Engine 4, which is something that held back the Wii U. We haven't heard anything negative though in terms of developing for it though, unlike the Wii U where we heard nothing positive in terms of developing for it

Yeah I remember a few 3rd party devs shytting on the Wii U months before it came out and they were under NDA. Now they're either cool with the hardware or quiet.

PikaDaDon

Thunderbolt Them Suckers
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If there's one thing im sure of, is that Nintendo secured a few 3rd party exclusives for the Switch like Bayonetta 2.

But what game could they scoop up that hasn't been scooped up by Sony yet?:jbhmm:

Only one comes to mind and im sure alot of people would mark if it happened:

giphy.gif

A Chrono continuation is a pipe dream. SquareEnix is completely out of touch. They made a remake on the DS I think it was and the CEO made a dumbass comment along the lines of: "Well if people really wanted a Chrono Trigger sequel why didn't they buy the DS game?" I can't find the exact quote but it was something like that. And even if we did get a new Chrono game it would be on the PS4 (unless Nintendo is smart enough to step in)

Kingshango

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
A Chrono continuation is a pipe dream. SquareEnix is completely out of touch. They made a remake on the DS I think it was and the CEO made a dumbass comment along the lines of: "Well if people really wanted a Chrono Trigger sequel why didn't they buy the DS game?" I can't find the exact quote but it was something like that. And even if we did get a new Chrono game it would be on the PS4 (unless Nintendo is smart enough to step in)

A sequel to Nier was also a pipe dream once due to low sales and mixed reception. A sequel developed by Platinum Games even more so.

PikaDaDon

Thunderbolt Them Suckers
Daps
Reppin
NULL
A sequel to Nier was also a pipe dream once due to low sales and mixed reception. A sequel developed by Platinum Games even more so.

I think they have a different CEO now.

Anyway, I hope the Switch gets alot of JRPGs. Fire Emblem and Pokemon are guaranteed but what else? Bravely Third? Dragon Quest XI? FFVII remake? Are they going to port Nier to the Switch?

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%

Square of today ain't the Square of the 90s.

Chrono Trigger the feel, art, music.. just everything was a perfect storm. a true game of it's time.

Magic like that ain't gettin recaptured

Kingshango

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
I think they have a different CEO now.

Anyway, I hope the Switch gets alot of JRPGs. Fire Emblem and Pokemon are guaranteed but what else? Bravely Third? Dragon Quest XI? FFVII remake? Are they going to port Nier to the Switch?

Both the producer of Dragon Quest and Nintendo confirmed last week that DQXI it's getting a Switch version and they said that they'll talk about it more in January.

FF7R might not happen cause Sony is most likely funding it.

Nothing on Nier other than it could get a Xbone port later.

Braverly 3rd and pretty much any JRPG that started on 3DS is a given.

Daps
Are the specs trash? :mjgrin:

Lets keep it 100 this is gonna go the same way the Wii U went

All them devs that have 'promised' 3rd party to Nintendo are gonna hit em with that

7yCKwdW.gif

KevCo

Bond's gun spoke once....
Daps
Reppin
The Weird Side
I just need to see what the games look like. I don't care about specs. Specs alone have been bullshyt since the SNES era.

Fred.
Let me guess...you didnt have a console with "blast processing"

:russ:

• Dap
Reactions: hex

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Let me guess...you didnt have a console with "blast processing"

:russ:

I mean....I did....:francis:

But magazines like EGM and later Next Generation had articles explaining that stuff like that....and 8, 16, 32, whatever bits...is useless information by itself. I don't think most kids my age read all that, though. But after reading a few of those articles I started looking at the advertisements like :stopitslime:

Fred.

Kingshango

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Are the specs trash? :mjgrin:

Lets keep it 100 this is gonna go the same way the Wii U went

All them devs that have 'promised' 3rd party to Nintendo are gonna hit em with that

7yCKwdW.gif

Specs leave a lot to be desired for a console but as a 3DS successor, it's a MASSIVE leap over that. As far as 3rd parties go would have heard about devs bytching about the hardware by now but they all seem to be on board.

For the first 6 months if it sells like shyt.

KevCo

Bond's gun spoke once....
Daps
Reppin
The Weird Side
I mean....I did....:francis:

But magazines like EGM and later Next Generation had articles explaining that stuff like that....and 8, 16, 32, whatever bits...is useless information by itself. I don't think most kids my age read all that, though. But after reading a few of those articles I started looking at the advertisements like :stopitslime:

Fred.
Ahhh the good old "bits wars"....not many round me knew either, or read shyt like that... to many kids my age it was "i got the snes..its 16 bit..." or "snes aint shyt, you seen the 32x? Its 32 bits :ohmy:" but who actually thinks the 32x was better than the snes?

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
When that Pokémon game comes on the Switch, and buttloads of titles come in the first year will be :banderas: