Nintendo Switch Official Thread

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
People seem to freak out when they see the words "On par" or "slightly behind " Xbox One like the Xbone has been discontinued or something. 3rd party developers are still making games for that system as far as I know. I get that the Larrybox ain't hot around here but it can still put out some good looking titles like FH3, Ryse and Quantum Break.

Now give that type of modern hardware to Nintendo developers and artists, they're gonna be putting out some pretty good looking games. Plus if power was an issue to 3rd parties, we would have heard about it by now because they were vocal as shyt when it came to the Wii U months before it launched. Regarding the Switch, it's been either quiet or positive reception from 3rd party devs and indies.

Basically what I'm saying is, can we just wait and see this thing in January before it's declared bush status?
Nintendo has a well established track record. This isn't a new company and this isn't gamers first time through this dance.

As for the whole third parties deal officially they'll be cordial to Nintendo like they typically always have been. Some may port a few older games like most do at the start of a new console generation and I'd expect the majority to take a wait and see approach. Like always expect Nintendo to continue to do the heavy lifting on this platform.

Most third parties didn't openly bash Nintendo. Sure you'd get a rogue developer saying something slick on Twitter or in an interview but that was about it.

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn

Yeah I can't see this being $250-$300. And it had better not have ANY droughts
Well, they have a bunch of enhanced Wii U ports coming since barely anyone bought that system. They also have a new 3D Mario and Zelda. Also, it's been a long time since the last real Metroid game, another big IP that should get a first year release. I hope they pretend Star Fox Zero never happened and make a new Star Fox game for the Switch too.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Who cares if it's not a XB1 or PS4 levels of power?? If it's inexpensive and has a wide library of games exclusively on it then all that power talks is moot. People who are power hungry most likely got their consoles/pc taking care of that.

duncanthetall

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WHODEY/BIGBLUE/SNOWGANG/MIDNIGHTBOYZ
Who cares if it's not a XB1 or PS4 levels of power?? If it's inexpensive and has a wide library of games exclusively on it then all that power talks is moot. People who are power hungry most likely got their consoles/pc taking care of that.
Its Nintendo. It won't be inexpensive. The Wii U still can't be found for under 300. This isnt being marketed here as a handheld in the west. Its being marketed as a home console. That's gonna make it DOA when people find out how disingenuous nintendo is being once again. First party games like Star fox are still 60 bucks. A wide library of exclusive games??? Like the Wii U? You motherfukkers are delusional. Nintendo is about to bend you over again.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Its Nintendo. It won't be inexpensive. The Wii U still can't be found for under 300. This isnt being marketed here as a handheld in the west. Its being marketed as a home console. That's gonna make it DOA when people find out how disingenuous nintendo is being once again. First party games like Star fox are still 60 bucks. A wide library of exclusive games??? Like the Wii U? You motherfukkers are delusional. Nintendo is about to bend you over again.
:skip:
Breh no one was touting or saying the Wii U has a wide library of games. Going by what's been changing at Nintendo, all their devs+ third parties are only focusing on ONE platform. there's no other handheld/console coming out from them. I'm going by what the insiders have been saying about what the Switch will be like :yeshrug:

Kingshango

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Basically anyone expecting AAA games or sports games on this thing need to cut it, right now.

This thing is a handheld, the next step from the 3DS (and Vita to an extent) and it should be treated as such.

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Nintendo hasn't had the strongest console on the market since the N64. I don't know why people always pretend to be surprised when the specs are revealed.
GameCube was at least in between the Xbox and PS2 though. They've been a large step behind with their last 3 consoles.

Daps
They cancelled the Wii U version of Zelda Breathe of The Wild.
I've never sold a console, but I'm seriously thinking about getting rid of this Wii U.
Smash Bros and Mario Kart aren't enough for me to keep a system hooked up to my main TV.
I guess I could just move it into my game room or pack it up and leave it in the attic.
Wii U seriously has the weakest library of games of all time to me.
How do you know this was confirmed by nintendo themselves? I saw your post but all my sources have not mentioned this once since you posted it. It kinda means they wasted time showing it off at the game awards.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
How do you know this was confirmed by nintendo themselves? I saw your post but all my sources have not mentioned this once since you posted it. It kinda means they wasted time showing it off at the game awards.
We'll see. I saw rumors popping up this afternoon of Nintendo cancelling the Wii U altogether. I know they stopped production but people were reporting that bestbuy was pulling them from the shelves and stopping sale of them immediately.
I guess we'll find out in a few months what's up.