Nintendo Switch Official Thread

3Rivers

thaKEAF aint never lied
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Steel City
This was the last game AKI made, safe to say they moved on from wrestling games and found a new audience.
Style_Savvy_Fashion_Forward.jpg
:francis:

Barney Rubble

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Game changer would be if you let me turn the screen vertically, connect the controllers that way and play 3ds games in native 720p.

Kingshango

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Teaser footage of that Switch exclusive(?) game Seasons of Heaven. Full trailer next week.

Last edited:

Kingshango

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
So a bunch of Nintendo Switch patents were filed and give some insight on some features Nintendo hasn't revealed yet.

(If you really wanna read the whole thing)
Nintendo files multiple Nintendo Switch patents (controller, dock, architecture*)

TL:DR
Right Joy Con has NFC reader
Right Joy Con has IR pointer at bottom
Both Joy Cons and the Switch itself feature Gyro sensors
Joy Con Grip houses a battery pack
L and R shoulder buttons are on each Joy Con
Up to 4 Joy Cons can be in use on a single Switch.
Joy Con triggers are analog
Games WILL be upscaled when docked
Joy Cons come in multiple "styles", some with proper D-Pads, some with no analog sticks
Switch screen is a touch screen
Record/share button
VR compatibility (maybe in the future)
Wired and wireless internet connections (i know someone here is gonna be happy to hear that)

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Don't think anything on that list is surprising. Maybe the gyro sensors, but that makes sense as that was how most were playing Splatoon.
Also, I think it's maybe misleading that games are upscaled when the system is docked. I'm thinking the games play at their native resolution/performance when docked and when using the tablet, the games are downscaled and the system underclocks. Maybe somewhat like how the PS4 Pro only uses its full power for pro patched games and half when playing regular PS4 games (I know that's not exactly how it works, no need to correct me)

ball15life

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The unknown
SD card slot and USB-C appear to be confirmed also according to reddit.

Both of those are pretty big

This is shaping up to be the ultimate traveling device

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
Wired internet connection :wow:

I really think Nintendo has got one with this. Just need to make sure they have no droughts

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Who cares about the joy cons. That will probably be the least used feature. Playing multiplayer with those tiny things would be uncomfortable as fukk.

switchbball1.jpg
Well, they are the default controller for the system so I would think pretty much anyone that is interested in buying a Switch would care (no, I will never use them multi-player without the grip). I actually like the idea of customizable controllers. Not every game is comfortable with one single controller. The version with the D-Pad up top seems perfect for retro titles

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Breh it's a handheld, we all knew that it was gonna be weaker than a Xbone.:skip:

Who was thinking this was gonna be on par with a PS4?:pachaha:

It's a hybrid tho. If you are gonna be playin games on your big screen performance is gonna be pretty important to people. I know for me reading this is making me reconsider. I'm not a whore for power but for the next gen of gaming if it's not on the level of even a PS4 I dunno :yeshrug:

I'm not all the way out but this news makin me think