Nintendo Switch Official Thread

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
What do we think this will be capable of talkin graphics and resolution. I'm not a graphics hoe by any means but I gotta think it gotta be at least 1080p no bs right? :jbhmm:

@firemanBk
@Kingshango
Obviously, if the Wii U could do 1080p/60fps the Switch can too. Anything less would be a step back.

If you're talking about the handheld, who knows? 1080p capabilities with an option to set resolution would be nice. 720p is enough and saves battery life but having 1080p as an option would shut some graphics whores up. 4K is not happening again release but there's nothing to say that they can't make a Nintendo Switch 'Pro' down the line if it's succesful. Would be much easier to replace than the other consoles as you would only need to replace the small tablet and not the dock or anything else

Last edited:

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music
If the switch can get nba 2k and Madden it can potentially do great numbers right out of the gate because of its portability.

I know Nintendo can pretty much do whatever they want, but if they truly want 3rd party support they need to start with those 2 franchises.
Cellphones do a decent job at Madden, do I'm sure the twitch will do fine.

I'll most definitely be preordering.

ball15life

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The unknown
If the switch can get nba 2k and Madden it can potentially do great numbers right out of the gate because of its portability.

I know Nintendo can pretty much do whatever they want, but if they truly want 3rd party support they need to start with those 2 franchises.

Well 2k was in the original promotion video so I'm guessing they are getting it?

PikaDaDon

Thunderbolt Them Suckers
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This is probably the best mock up so far:

Lnyc6Io.jpg

8LPfzjc.jpg

Hmmm

**pacing back and forth**

NintendoSwitch_hardware2.0.0.jpg

Do you think....what if.....hmmm. What if the screen (without the JoyCons) also serves as a smartphone? 3 devices in one (home console, portable console, and smartphone). Making a standalone smartphone to compete against Apple and others would be suicide. But having a smartphone serve as a secondary or tertiary device to their console would be a genius way to sorta slide into the smartphone market. They could include an optional MyNintendo monthly/yearly subscription to gain access to their 4G network or whatever. Pokemon Go and Super Mario Run can be played on there.

The Switch in its current state doesn't really excite me enough. They're missing...something. They're missing a BANG! of some sorts. It may sell more than the Wii U but I don't feel that it will be a blockbuster unless there's some sort of yet to be announced hidden feature.

Return of the Jedi

Star Wars & Sneakers
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Anti-George Lucas Coalition
Cellphones do a decent job at Madden, do I'm sure the twitch will do fine.

I'll most definitely be preordering.
And COD, Battlefield, Star Wars: BF, the Batman Arkham titles, etc.

Love em are hate em, these franchises move units. Nintendo has to get it with to siphon off at least some of the hardcore crowd. They can't succeed with young/casual gamers in today's market now that those two groups are almost strictly mobile.