Nintendo Switch Official Thread

FLATOP

Superstar
Daps
If I see someone walking around with dis thing next year, imma slap it out their dam hands:birdman:

Anotha dumb nintendo gimmick, and they wonder why they irrelevant:russell:

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
So why not just create a controller periphial you can attach to your smart phone that plugs into one of the ports via an adapter or something like that?

Basically turning your phone into the handheld.

not the same. Game still wouldn't function as well.

They have things like that already and I've fukked with a few out of curiosity

Kingshango

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
f1a.gif

This gif is *almost* accurate.:pachaha:

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps
People will take it places with them. The exaggerated social scenes in the trailer with people in the streets playing on the Switch are unlikely but taking the switch with you to play at a hotel, work, bus trip/plane trip etc are most likely.

I'll use this at home, in the bathroom, in a car/bus etc. The added option and it not being a tacked on "take it on the go" with limitations is big. PS4 required a Vita, and it required internet access just to stream it which YMMV depending on the network.

the unified platform is I agree, a big change. I hated the fact that the 3DS got some big games I wanted but I didn't want to buy a 3DS. Now with this change, we'll be getting big releases alongside smaller projects all on one platform. The Switch's library will be fukking disgusting :wow: There's gonna likely be no "droughts".
If i see a grown man at my job playing this bs I'll laugh in his face :laff:

PikaDaDon

Thunderbolt Them Suckers
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Hardware is the reason third party devs have been going ghost on Nintendo my good man. This is a good focus.

Sony blessed us so well I've gotten bored of obsessing over games :mjpls:

I agree that the platform has to be easy to develop for and easy to port to. I don't like the whole, "OMG IT HAS TO BE AT 1080P 4K 60+ FRAMES PER SECOND AND RENDER 1,000 TERAFLOPS". I hate the technical analysis videos on youtube comparing graphics on multiple systems. This segment of 'gamers' consist of non-gamers basically. People who don't care if a game is fun. Unfortunately alot of developers are forced to cater to these idiots. That's why we have so many of these overhyped, overrated, mediocre, underwhelming AAA titles on the PS4/XB1. Games with extraordinary graphics but hypersomnia-inducing gameplay.

Last edited:

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
So why not just create a controller periphial you can attach to your smart phone that plugs into one of the ports via an adapter or something like that?

Basically turning your phone into the handheld.
I have portable controllers that attach to my iPhone and Samsung phones. I also use a bluetooth game pad for my iPad. I've got a thread on this: http://www.thecoli.com/threads/my-emulation-setup.388478

I've researched and played plenty of games for both iOS and Android using that exact controller peripheral setup.

What Nintendo is doing with the Switch and what we have right now with our phones is not the same.

Imagine seeing a dope game you like in the app store, downloading it, hooking up your conttroller only to find out that shyt doesn't have gamepad or mfi support. Imagine getting it to work but the controls are wonky or the frame rate is miserable (for ex some emulated games) Controllers are guaranteed to work with Switch. Framerate should be consistent and there's little configuration needed. The only question that matters is the battery life.

Mr. Manhattan

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
If I see someone walking around with dis thing next year, imma slap it out their dam hands:birdman:

Anotha dumb nintendo gimmick, and they wonder why they irrelevant:russell:

If i see a grown man at my job playing this bs I'll laugh in his face :laff:

1038.gif

looks dope, hope i can play backwards compatible games on the handheld version so i can fukk with Bayonetta 2 while its slow at work :blessed: