Nintendo Switch Official Thread

The Wolf Among You

Superstar
Daps
The other point of handhelds was gaming in short spurts. No one wants to play a immersive game like Zelda outside.

Most of us don't use our portable gaming systems outside, we use them around the house, long commutes, on trips etc.

The idea is cool ONLY if this is "truly" a hybrid meaning both the console devs and handheld devs are now developing for the same system. But this machine isn't gonna magically change experiences. Zelda is a on the couch on your 60inch hd screen type of game.

Nintendo is marketing this as Console that can be played whenever, wherever you want. It's looks safe to say that this is a true hybrid. They've shown us that Zelda can be played on a 60" HD television as well as in the palm of your hands.

Phillyrider807

My Soundtrack is the second “Carter”
Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
Most of us don't use our portable gaming systems outside, we use them around the house, long commutes, on trips etc.

Nintendo is marketing this as Console that can be played whenever, wherever you want. It's looks safe to say that this is a true hybrid. They've shown us that Zelda can be played on a 60" HD television as well as in the palm of your hands.

Your proving my point. Most of us don't use our system that was DESIGNED to go outside "outside" Yet yall are expecting us to now bring this 10 inch tablet with us outside?? Please are getting jacked for their phones everyday playing Pokémon Go. The hell yall think gonna happen with this?? :martin:

Im talking about "Hybrid" as in the Console AND handheld developers at Nintendo are gonna make games for the same system. Obviously Zelda can be played anywhere but the Zelda dev is still a "Console" dev and not "Handheld"

Is gamefreak making the next mainline pokemon game for NX? Is the next phoenix wright gonna be on NX? Animal crossing Fire emblem etc?? These are the games that makes Nintendo a unstoppable force in the handheld market.

So if this system is now gonna have a COMBINED library of Nintendo's console classics(Mario/Zelda/Smash Bros/Mario Kart/Splatoon) AND their handheld classics(Pokémon/Animal Crossing/Fire Emblem) then Nintendo has something here.

One unified system where ALL of their games are sharing the same resources. That's huge. Nintendo has ALWAYS been one of the best software developers. Consolidating everything into one system(If this is truly the goal) Is quite possibly the best decision this company has ever made.

PikaDaDon

Thunderbolt Them Suckers
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Square, From Software and Atlus are supporting the Switch. Then you add the 1st party titles like Xenoblade, Fire Emblem and Pokémon in the mix, this thing is gonna be RPG heaven. :whew:

Report: Nintendo NX will remake new Pokemon Game of the Original Red and Blue

4444-725x375.jpg

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
If you want to play nintendo games now on a smart phone, download provenance and buy a bluetooth controller

Daps
Reppin
NYC
That's why god made two side pockets and two back pockets.
I dunno I'm not really up on gaming these days, but back when mobile gaming was popping off (i.e gameboy, 3DS)... that was before the smart phone explosion.

smart phones already have games on them. they may have been better off just releasing a controller periphial you can attach to your smart phone.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Your proving my point. Most of us don't use our system that was DESIGNED to go outside "outside" Yet yall are expecting us to now bring this 10 inch tablet with us outside?? Please are getting jacked for their phones everyday playing Pokémon Go. The hell yall think gonna happen with this?? :martin:

Im talking about "Hybrid" as in the Console AND handheld developers at Nintendo are gonna make games for the same system. Obviously Zelda can be played anywhere but the Zelda dev is still a "Console" dev and not "Handheld"

Is gamefreak making the next mainline pokemon game for NX? Is the next phoenix wright gonna be on NX? Animal crossing Fire emblem etc?? These are the games that makes Nintendo a unstoppable force in the handheld market.

So if this system is now gonna have a COMBINED library of Nintendo's console classics(Mario/Zelda/Smash Bros/Mario Kart/Splatoon) AND their handheld classics(Pokémon/Animal Crossing/Fire Emblem) then Nintendo has something here.

One unified system where ALL of their games are sharing the same resources. That's huge. Nintendo has ALWAYS been one of the best software developers. Consolidating everything into one system(If this is truly the goal) Is quite possibly the best decision this company has ever made.
People will take it places with them. The exaggerated social scenes in the trailer with people in the streets playing on the Switch are unlikely but taking the switch with you to play at a hotel, work, bus trip/plane trip etc are most likely.

I'll use this at home, in the bathroom, in a car/bus etc. The added option and it not being a tacked on "take it on the go" with limitations is big. PS4 required a Vita, and it required internet access just to stream it which YMMV depending on the network.

the unified platform is I agree, a big change. I hated the fact that the 3DS got some big games I wanted but I didn't want to buy a 3DS. Now with this change, we'll be getting big releases alongside smaller projects all on one platform. The Switch's library will be fukking disgusting :wow: There's gonna likely be no "droughts".