Nintendo Switch Official Thread

greenvale

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Delaware
Zelda is good, albeit, grossly over rated and is available for Wii U.
Arms is decent. Nothing groundbreaking though.
Mario Kart is Mario Kart. Great game but the same as the Wii U one for the most part.
I haven't played Splatoon 2 yet.
I would say at this specific moment you aren't missing anything.
At this time the Switch doesn't have any exclusive that would make it a must buy right now.
I think you can wait until Mario comes out to cop with no problem at all.
*Unless you don't have a Wii U already, then there are a few more games worth checking out right now, like Zelda and Mario Kart.
And yes, mobility is cool, but it doesn't magically make a game better like some would suggest. Whether you play the game on a swing at the park or in your living room, the game itself is exactly the same, so I don't buy the whole "this version is so much better because I can play it on the go" mantra.
:salute:

the_FUTURE

Superstar
Daps
:lolbron:If you can find a Switch in stores when Mario drops. Holiday season is gonna be savage with these and the SNES classics. I'd cop one before the rush starts to be on the safe side if you want one this year.

if you can even bother to go out and check if they're allowed to sell this thing period. :dwillhuh: some wikipad shyt trying to ban all sales world wide of the switch because of the joycons. :gucci:

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
How are y'all enjoying this thing so far? I'm thinking about getting one towards the end of the year
Stopped playing it as often. It doesn't have any media apps available in the us eshop that I would like to use to take breaks in between gaming sessions. If it did I'd use it much more.

You know who really enjoys the Switch though? Friends, family, coworkers and random strangers. They all wanna play Mario Kart and Street Fighter. For the first time ever I feel pressured to get two other multplayer games, arms and splatoon 2 but at the end of the day I'm mostly a single player gamer.

OJ Simpsom

Banned
Daps
For the first time ever I feel pressured to get two other multplayer games, arms and splatoon 2 but at the end of the day I'm mostly a single player gamer.
Splatoon 2 is fun for single player. I'm liking it more than the first one (minus not having local multiplayer which sucks and makes no sense at all).

Also, Arms is great multiplayer fun, but I'd wait for them to update with more characters.

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music
Zelda is good, albeit, grossly over rated and is available for Wii U.
Arms is decent. Nothing groundbreaking though.
Mario Kart is Mario Kart. Great game but the same as the Wii U one for the most part.
I haven't played Splatoon 2 yet.
I would say at this specific moment you aren't missing anything.
At this time the Switch doesn't have any exclusive that would make it a must buy right now.
I think you can wait until Mario comes out to cop with no problem at all.
*Unless you don't have a Wii U already, then there are a few more games worth checking out right now, like Zelda and Mario Kart.
And yes, mobility is cool, but it doesn't magically make a game better like some would suggest. Whether you play the game on a swing at the park or in your living room, the game itself is exactly the same, so I don't buy the whole "this version is so much better because I can play it on the go" mantra.
Nikka Splatoon 2 is a must buy. You tripping.

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
Splatoon 2 is fun for single player. I'm liking it more than the first one (minus not having local multiplayer which sucks and makes no sense at all).

Also, Arms is great multiplayer fun, but I'd wait for them to update with more characters.
splatoon 2 doesn't have local multiplayer?

what about arms?

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
How are y'all enjoying this thing so far? I'm thinking about getting one towards the end of the year
I would say if you're on the fence about it and have the disposable income, just get it now if you see one on store. It will be a bytch to find in the holidays.

There's great games to play and what I like is the variety (take notes Microsoft). A lot of different genres hit with their exclusives.