Nintendo Switch Official Thread

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
Well for the most part Nintendo games are about gameplay. They aren't storytellers anyway so I never expect too much from them there. The story if their games is usually an excuse for the gameplay.
How does Nintendo not get criticized for doing the same thing for 30 years.

Is it too much to ask for Mario to have a new enemy or story? Ubisoft gets absolutely trashed in the gaming community for having certain things in their games.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI

Is it too much to ask for Mario to have a new enemy or story? Ubisoft gets absolutely trashed in the gaming community for having certain things in their games.
Don't forget about how Sony and Microsoft keep rehashing the same (relatively new) game franchises

Tetris v2.0

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

Breh aren't you tired of this routine?

Galaxy, New Super Mario, 3D Land/World and now Odyssey are completely different games, not even mentioning Paper Mario, Mario & Luigi and the other spin offs

The last 5 Assassin Creed games are literal copies of each other with new skins and locales

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
Breh aren't you tired of this routine?

Galaxy, New Super Mario, 3D Land/World and now Odyssey are completely different games, not even mentioning Paper Mario, Mario & Luigi and the other spin offs

The last 5 Assassin Creed games are literal copies of each other with new skins and locales
:russell: Im tired of the argument you just posed.

Styles

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The H
BOTW is overrated for sure. Still GOTY by far. If it even had a half way competent story it would be easily deserving of that 97 MC. Everything else about it is great. Just wasn't rewarding enough without a interesting narrative and character development

Persona 5 getting the all time greatest JRPG score is the most overrated shyt ever though.

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
BOTW is overrated for sure. Still GOTY by far. If it even had a half way competent story it would be easily deserving of that 97 MC. Everything else about it is great. Just wasn't rewarding enough without a interesting narrative and character development

Persona 5 getting the all time greatest JRPG score is the most overrated shyt ever though.
Imo, I understand wanting to keep Link a silent protagonist but I think that's the biggest reason the story fell somewhat flat. I actually liked the Champions, especially Urbosa and Revali, but those cut scenes were so damn awkward cause 90% of them consisted of one character essentially monologuing.

it's simply, breh. Nintendo is the only gaming dev not allowed to have different variations and sequels to their IPs. This will only be acceptable when they start developing for Xbox and Sony.

Look at some of the reaction to Splatoon 2. Nintendo makes one iterative sequel and people throw a fit calling it an enhanced port.

ball15life

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The unknown

Lol forreal though. He's been quiet/absent since y'all disagreement. He seems pretty passionate about the Switch and Zelda (and this thread to say the least)....I would hate to see him take stuff too personal; no telling what's going on in the breh's life. This could have been his one outlet :hubie:

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Lol forreal though. He's been quiet/absent since y'all disagreement. He seems pretty passionate about the Switch and Zelda (and this thread to say the least)....I would hate to see him take stuff too personal; no telling what's going on in the breh's life. This could have been his one outlet :hubie:
I'm sure he's fine. I can't imagine anyone with feelings so delicate that they would pack up their toys and cry in the corner because a poster on a forum said they weren't as giddy as they were about their favorite game :skip: