Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
I see what you in here trying to do
iUFxu44.png
:KhaledUSMRT:I'm in here speaking the truth and diluting the stannery.

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn

the_FUTURE

Superstar
Daps
I'm not gonna read this shlock but is the fact that Hyrule is basically Seattle one of the reasons? Cause it rains nearly every damn day in the game. Usually at inopportune times too. Can't tell you how many times I wanted to climb something and it started raining

Hyrule field ain't fukking with Hateno Village. the crops be blessed over there with the rain. :blessed:

People are speculating Nintendo announcing a new game come Tuesday due to Nintendo flying out some very popular youtubers to test something they can't speak about till then. then again, some believe it's just new game play for something already announced.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Its too long and I lost interest less than half way through. Most of his early complaints stem from the fact that this is a modular game and that once you beat the tutorial you can then go beat the game. If everything else in the game is completely optional then it's going to reflect that. How deep does a completely optional story go? There aren't really any forced cut scenes so how much presence can the antagonist have?

Much of the complaining at the beginning of the article can be summed up as a person that wants a linear game with a well developed story and characters playing an open world game with a completely optional story and a cast you may never encounter. Personally I feel like the story of the game was fine and served it's purpose. This is coming from someone that doesn't like open world non-linear games. It was probably the most fun I've had playing this style of game.

Kingshango

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Hyrule field ain't fukking with Hateno Village. the crops be blessed over there with the rain. :blessed:

People are speculating Nintendo announcing a new game come Tuesday due to Nintendo flying out some very popular youtubers to test something they can't speak about till then. then again, some believe it's just new game play for something already announced.

Got a feeling there's a direct coming, they got Mario + Rabbids this month and they said that there's still got some unannounced Switch games for this year.

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I lost interest less than half way through

At what point did you lose interest? Is / was your goal to 100% it or did the story get boring and you weren't curious to see how it ended?

At any point (with the right gear I guess) you can go to the divine beasts and the main boss, so I can see not beating all the shrines or getting all the seeds. Hell you don't even have to beat all or any divine beasts for that matter.

In a game where you can literally do whatever you want to see the credits (which means finishing in one way or another) how does one lose interest?

When I lose interest in a game or don't care for the ending I'll stop playing and watch game play footage on YouTube, maybe skip to the end rather than trudge through. With this game you don't really have to trudge, at any point you can say :hubie:Ive had enough or :martin:I'm sick of this shyt and go the final boss and call it a day.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
At what point did you lose interest? Is / was your goal to 100% it or did the story get boring and you weren't curious to see how it ended?

At any point (with the right gear I guess) you can go to the divine beasts and the main boss, so I can see not beating all the shrines or getting all the seeds. Hell you don't even have to beat all or any divine beasts for that matter.

In a game where you can literally do whatever you want to see the credits (which means finishing in one way or another) how does one lose interest?

When I lose interest in a game or don't care for the ending I'll stop playing and watch game play footage on YouTube, maybe skip to the end rather than trudge through. With this game you don't really have to trudge, at any point you can say :hubie:Ive had enough or :martin:I'm sick of this shyt and go the final boss and call it a day.
No I lost interest halfway through that article. It's pretty long. I beat Zelda months ago. I put in close to 60 hours.

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
Personally I feel like the story of the game was fine and served it's purpose.

As the 1st person on this board to complain about BOTW and fail to the magnificence in it. The story was a major problem I had in the game. That trailer that got everyone hype made it seem like were in for an epic adventure with a great narrative behind. The story is pretty sad in this game.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
As the 1st person on this board to complain about BOTW and fail to the magnificence in it. The story was a major problem I had in the game. That trailer that got everyone hype made it seem like were in for an epic adventure with a great narrative behind. The story is pretty sad in this game.
All the stuff from the last trailer was in the game though. Most of it was memories. The story wasn't great but given the modular design of the game it was as good as it could be.

Also the trailer was so impressive because of the music. I'm still upset Nintendo never released that song.

Last edited:

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
Much of the complaining at the beginning of the article can be summed up as a person that wants a linear game with a well developed story and characters playing an open world game with a completely optional story and a cast you may never encounter.
Have you ever played the witcher 3?

Why does everything always have to be one extreme or the other? Either open world and completely void of a living world and story, or a linear experience.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Have you ever played the witcher 3?

Why does everything always have to be one extreme or the other? Either open world and completely void of a living world and story, or a linear experience.
Can you march up to the final boss in Witcher 3 straight after the tutorial? Everything in Zelda after the tutorial is optional. How does one convey a proper story when there aren't any forced cutscenes? How do you know how much of the game any given player will experience before going to Hyrule castle to finish the game? Breath of the Wild did a good job of having a story be completely optional yet present if you desire it to be. It's not the greatest story in a game ever conceived but it works.