Nintendo Switch Official Thread

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The game sorta forces you to assign tasks'n'shyt 'cause if everybody tries to do what they feel needs to be done in the moment at the same moment, you gonna cause chaos, like when everybody grabs a Tomato and you only need one to go in the pot and you end up having shyt out you don't need on some slapstick shyt.

The literal definition of too many cooks.

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I didn't want the shrines to be dungeons. I get the overall concept and design goal of the shrines. I just wanted the game to have traditional dungeons like every other Zelda before it.
I finished the main story today during my lunch break and honestly, this game has been one of the most disappointing games for me this gen. It's way too gassed up and it set my expectations way to high.

I'm not mad at it. I was finishing majoras mask when botw dropped and windwaker HD stayed on the wiiu...nintendo can always go back to the old formula but in 2017 it was very important to show everyone else that they can hang with the big dogs and produce massive games like everyone else.

Had Nintendo released another windwaker or twilight princess or majoras mask... it would have been good but it wouldn't have justified getting a switch and wiiu was at / is at the end of its life.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
I'm not mad at it. I was finishing majoras mask when botw dropped and windwaker HD stayed on the wiiu...nintendo can always go back to the old formula but in 2017 it was very important to show everyone else that they can hang with the big dogs and produce massive games like everyone else.

Had Nintendo released another windwaker or twilight princess or majoras mask... it would have been good but it wouldn't have justified getting a switch and wiiu was at / is at the end of its life.
I'm all for the massive scale of BOTW. I just feel like that's all it had to offer. Vast open areas with very little to do in regards to anything meaningful.
To me, the whole game felt uninspired and the majority of the content felt like what I would expect out of a lazy DLC expansion.

Daps
Reppin
Lwo Lakeset
I'm all for the massive scale of BOTW. I just feel like that's all it had to offer. Vast open areas with very little to do in regards to anything meaningful.
To me, the whole game felt uninspired and the majority of the content felt like what I would expect out of a lazy DLC expansion.

Your tripping
But that's your opinion and experience so :yeshrug:

the_FUTURE

Superstar
Daps
I believe you wanted another traditional Zelda, dude. And maybe Nintendo will go back to the formula, not sure. But from the perspective of the people who are gassing the game up, they got exactly what they wanted out of the game.

I don't believe the game is uninspired. I truly feel they looked into every element that would give the user the ability to play the game as free as the wanted to while at te same time maintaining a story regardless of how people felt about the story that didn't have you needing to complete one sequence to unlock the next.

They put gameplay at the top priority for this game, and I feel they nailed it.

I've never played witcher, so I can't say anything about that game. I think it's the game with the major amount of dodge rolling for boss. battles, or maybe I'm confusing that with DS. But I'll check gameplay tonight seeing as it's always brought up when discussing BOTW.

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

To me it's more than just being huge. There are tons of huge games but even though we take it for granted the fact that you can climb everything, get to the top of every mountain, open every door that's really cool. It's tough to explain but being told no, or you can't do that sucks. The fact that every house is accessible and every tree is climable, and every mountain and scalable is cool because otherwise, other than looks it's like why the fukk did they put it in the game. I've always liked things like that in games. They did something different and pushed the envelope and they did it seemingly effortlessly. A lot of games and series take a two step forward one step back. They did something new for them and didn't make a lot of big mistakes while doing it. They can do this and what they've traditionally done and combine it. This focus was more or less can they do and open world Zelda, can they provide the same world's and feelings of other open world games and the answer is yes all across the board imo.

Jigg

Pro
Supporter
Daps
Walked into Best Buy looking for Dishonored and found a neon Switch sitting in the case :blessed:

Bought immediately. Already played Zelda on the Wii but I'm not sure what else to get besides maybe Splatoon at the moment

the_FUTURE

Superstar
Daps
Walked into Best Buy looking for Dishonored and found a neon Switch sitting in the case :blessed:

Bought immediately. Already played Zelda on the Wii but I'm not sure what else to get besides maybe Splatoon at the moment

Check the Eshop, and then check to see if there is a physical copy for that game as well. Also get get suggestions from the brehs in here who been playing some of the stuff from the Eshop.

I still hope sonic mania gets a physical release if anybody heard any news about that.

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
I believe you wanted another traditional Zelda, dude. And maybe Nintendo will go back to the formula, not sure. But from the perspective of the people who are gassing the game up, they got exactly what they wanted out of the game.

I don't believe the game is uninspired. I truly feel they looked into every element that would give the user the ability to play the game as free as the wanted to while at te same time maintaining a story regardless of how people felt about the story that didn't have you needing to complete one sequence to unlock the next.

They put gameplay at the top priority for this game, and I feel they nailed it.

I've never played witcher, so I can't say anything about that game. I think it's the game with the major amount of dodge rolling for boss. battles, or maybe I'm confusing that with DS. But I'll check gameplay tonight seeing as it's always brought up when discussing BOTW.
Nintendo had to redo 3D Zelda because their format was copied by the competition but with expensive graphics and live action movie quality production.

Because they spent so much money and time on this, there became less emphasis on dungeons and linear main story driven missions and I think that's kamikaze's problem with the game. Those dungeons and story missions is part of what made LTTP and Ocarina of Time so great.

It's a justifiable complaint because I also feel its missing from the game but thankfully those reasons don't hold me back from enjoying Zelda from what it has always set out to be from the very beginning, an epic go anywhere adventure. I owned the gold catridge NES Zeldas and I can tell those games inspired Breath of the Wild. They didn't have much story either. This game is basically Zelda 3.

the_FUTURE

Superstar
Daps
Nintendo had to redo 3D Zelda because their format was copied by the competition but with expensive graphics and live action movie quality production.

Because they spent so much money and time on this, there became less emphasis on dungeons and linear main story driven missions and I think that's kamikaze's problem with the game. Those dungeons and story missions is part of what made LTTP and Ocarina of Time so great.

It's a justifiable complaint because I also feel its missing from the game but thankfully those reasons don't hold me back from enjoying Zelda from what it has always set out to be from the very beginning, an epic go anywhere adventure. I owned the gold catridge NES Zeldas and I can tell those games inspired Breath of the Wild. They didn't have much story either. This game is basically Zelda 3.

Oh I agree with the Dungeons. It's everything else I put my opinion in.

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
Post your Nintendo Switch monthly summary. Requies parental controls app

Zoi4Vrvq1R9gcBq051M2p4iOJPohm69TziQGCr7rDlM.png